Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FEAR 1 > 2

God of War gets more epic, still not managed to improve my health bar, but done the magic one, so my ghost psycho pet thing kicks ass. Really enjoying it far more than I thought I would, especially the QTE death efforts.
  • FEAR 1 > 2 God of War gets more epic, still not managed to improve my health bar, but done the magic one, so my ghost psycho pet thing kicks ass. Really enjoying it far more than I thought I would, especially the QTE death efforts.

Still one of my favourite games tghis gen. I love the Hades boss fight.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    FEAR 1 > 2 God of War gets more epic, still not managed to improve my health bar, but done the magic one, so my ghost psycho pet thing kicks ass. Really enjoying it far more than I thought I would, especially the QTE death efforts.
    Have you got to the burning bridge that you have climb up yet?

I can't remember how far through I was so knowing may give me the jolt to get this finished. It's weird because I find myself not bothering because it's on the PS3...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm about two hours in, not had to climb a burning bridge yet iirc. Done two-three boss fights though.

EDIT: Fought Hades, loved it and when it clicked, t'was proper amaze.
  • Making me want to draw it from the shelf. I loved the opening act, then wings became involved and I remember not liking that for some reason. Had it on loan from a mate for about two years.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I only get wings if I double jump, unless you mean them harpies.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Glad I started playing From Dust, couple of hours in and just finished the fourth level and then had a crack at a couple of challenges.
    Loving the way the landscape evolves, hating the villagers, some of them are idiots.

Didn't really want to play it today, but I've made a commitment, so I did, and quite enjoyed it.
  • Just got past the Rajani fight in Dungeon Siege iii.  Toughest fight so far.  Struggled with her second form until I realised I could block.  Sounds stupid but I've spent the entire game rolling.  Blocking allowed me to absorb the multiple white fireballs and attack at my leisure.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    VVVVVV popped off. Next to work way through Binary Domain. Off on holiday for 6 weeks in Friday - time to mop some games up.
  • I've finished Killer7 - finally! It was wonderful but had started to feel stale. There is a fine line between satirizing dull, repetitive game mechanics and repeating them yourself. K7's inventive scenarios and genuinely tense moments kept me going here but I wonder how many people see it through to the end.

Any suggestions for what to tackle next?

I'm looking at:
    GTA 3 / VC / SA ; Resi 4 ; MGS 2 / 3 ; DMC ; GoW 1 / 2 ; Okami
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is RAGE: Anarchy Edition worth picking up for £7.85?
  • Definitely. I paid full price for Rage and I'm thinking of getting that. Great game, ends with a bit of a whimper, but there are some truly memorable moments throughout.

@Choke: I'd go for Resi 4, although everything there's worth playing.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've just ordered it, I had some points so I got it for £5.32 with 30p added back to my account...

So now I can add RAGE to the list along with another I forgot, Far Cry 2.
  • @Choke: I'd go for Resi 4, although everything there's worth playing.

That is cos I 'as gud taste innit. Resi 4 it is! From what I remember I quit after the first large group of chainsaw-wielding maniacs (with Ashley hiding in a bin) but that was so long ago,it's probably best to start from scratch.
  • Yeah, start from scratch, if only to play through the brilliant first few hours again.

In fact, I think I'll join you. I've had the Wii version of Resi 4 sitting on my shelf for a couple of months (also got it for Cube and 360 :)), 'bout time played it. Got Metroid Prime Trilogy to start after that.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Just finished The Ballad of Gay Tony, thoroughly enjoyed it especially after just finishing TLaD.

Now onto Rage...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'd not have bothered if I'd known this was on 3 discs.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Only two are needed. Disk swapping eh, such a painful 10-15 seconds.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It shouldn't be needed and especially after the game recommends a 22gb install...

EDIT: Fuck me it looks nice though!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It does in places, get up close to some textures and its like the late 90s all over again.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    This training mission hasn't thrown up any dodgy textures yet, does installing make a difference? I didn't bother seeing as I'll have to disc swap anyway...

On a gaming related note I nearly bought a HDMI video capture thing as it would be good to show footage of what we're discussing sometimes!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They aren't dodgy, just rough, look around the garage when you first enter.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Just finished The Ballad of Gay Tony, thoroughly enjoyed it especially after just finishing TLaD.

Now onto Rage...

Hooray!

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Got to the Wildfires level in From Dust (water/fire trees), stupid villagers keep burning to death, I've had 4 or 5 attempts, patience wearing thin, will battle on tomorrow, unless Hot Pursuit is delivered and it grips more than expected.
  • I'm thinking of sticking Resi 4 on my list as I have it on my 360 but never really played it. It is one of my all time favourite games but I just can't bring myself to play it, not sure why.

I may start the one hour a day process when school finishes.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Cool, with Stormy, it sounds like we've got a Resi4 club starting. I'm going away for a week but will get stuck in when I get back.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    How do you quick select weapons in Rage?

EDIT: It's just told me...
  • Resi 4 club sounds awesome! Like Aaron, I never played it much on the 360, but I'm going to give it a proper go with the Wii. In fact, I'm just about to dive in...
  • 40 hrs and I've finished chapter 3 of Tactics Ogre, one more chapter to go.

I was saving it for my holiday in a few weeks but it's got it's hooks into me again. It'll be finished before then.

It's also stopping me playing Dungeon Siege but I'll allow that - one portable and one console game at the same time.
  • Resi 4: Wii edition

Loved this on the GC, so bought both the 360 HD version and the Wii edition. I spent less than two hours on the HD version, and hadn't even opened the Wii edition until now. 

The opening few encounters gave me a chance to learn the Wiimote/nunchuck controls, and they really are very good. However, I was still getting used to them when I arrived at the village.

A frantic fight saw me almost chainsawed to death more than once, defensive positioning and my last few shotgun shells saved me. In the canyon the dynamite throwing fuckers caught me good and proper and I had to use up my last few herbs, the rest of that section was pretty damn tense, and entirely brilliant. One hour in, two chapters down.

I've got a couple of new games on the go at the moment, so I'll probably only manage two or three hour long sessions of this a week. I'll stick with it this time though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!