The Credits Club - finishing games an hour at a time
  • I was going to say about 8 hours total, and this here website agrees.
  • That's not too bad even if the game's not great. I guess I'll persevere.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy and I keep rolling through Resi 5. Shit netcode and all.
  • Etrian Odyssey DS

Mapped floors 11 and 12, killed floor 12 boss and started mapping 13.

Only 12 more floors to go - probably 30 or more hours!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tempy and I keep rolling through Resi 5. Shit netcode and all.

Why we do this
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Because if we don't who will.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    20 mins - C U DER
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We are on 6-3 the LAST CHAPTER and will finish it tomorrow. My money is on a fight with Wesker because THATS RESIDENT EVIL
  • Wasted about 40mins the other night on one of those bloody driving sections on AitD before realising they can be skipped!! Playing reminded me of the MegaCD game Road Avenger where the slightest slip up meant a restart. :( Even worse when it's not always your own fault. 
    Got back into the plodding then. More clunky wandering around,following the path and tripping the switches. Movement reminds me of Headhunter on Dreamcast. This game keeps reminding me of older games I've really enjoyed that felt better than this despite their age. 
    Nothing of note has really happened. Combat is too easy when there's usually a wooden object and a fire nearby when your flammable foes appear. There's still some anticipation in me,I can't help but feel something is going to happen. When? I don't know but I'll continue plodding along and skipping the driving to see if it does.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Half Minute Hero, PSP finished.

Completed the main mode, Hero, and didn't bother with Lord or Princess modes as they are basic mini-mini games.

Interesting puzzle game with RPG elements - it distills traditional RPG elements (levelling up, collecting items, completing quests) into frantic 30 second bursts of action.  You can reset the clock so it takes much longer than 30 seconds to complete a level in reality.

All levels give you a rating from "Sucky Hero" to "Wonderful Hero" and there are two titles to collect per level.  Some are straight forward, "Bug Killer" which means you get a special weapon and kill all the bugs, and some are obscure, "Straying" which actually means you need to fail three times on the first level.

There are 50 levels in Hero mode as there are multiple exits out of some levels and these are opened by meeting certain criteria during the level.

Even though I have a 100% score against Hero mode, there is one level I haven't even had a go at as I need to defeat 108 bosses before it unlocks.  When I complete that, I get a Hero 3000 (seconds) level, and completion of that unlocks a Hero 3 (seconds!) level.

Not sure if I'm going to try and unlock this last level although it has a significantly larger map than the others and a time limit of 4:30.  Normally levels are 0:30. 

In addition to those, Lord and Princess, there is a further mode, Knight which unlocks after the 3 main modes have been completed 100%.

I've spent 12.5 hrs on this already so there is a lot of play time if you want to unlock everything, collect all treasures, see all monsters, etc.

Overall, excellent charming little game.  It's also on XBLA which is better played with the PSP graphics.
  • Back to Dungeon Siege.  Just taken out Jeyne.

Swapped defence for offense as I was getting one-shotted anyway (well, knocked over and then killed before I could get up).  Once I'd done that, she went down relatively quickly.  Even kept Reinhart alive.

Nearly knocked difficulty down to Normal a few times but I'll stick with it now.

Just the final section to go.
  • Dungeon Siege done.

Not bad at all.  Took me 19 and a half hours, playing on hardcore but I still missed a sidequest as I didn't get the achievement for that.

Just checked and it was probably in Stonebridge as completing one quest causes a number of others to be "completed" early and therefore not counting.

Game was easy for the first half and then ramped up in difficulty around 2/3 in.  Automatons gave me the most problems and the first of the final Jeyne series of battles.  I enjoyed the final battle with Jeyne - reminded me of the battle with Gwyn in Dark Souls, roll, roll, wait for opening, attack, get out of the way - and make no mistakes.

Final battle was suprisingly easy in comparison.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dungeon Siege was very throwaway fun for me, but definitely enjoyed my time with it. I missed a sidequest too, which pissed me off.
  • FFIII, DS done.

My list on P9 is getting shorter.
  • Still plugging away with AITD. Still one of the crappest games I've ever encountered!
    It seemed to pick up a bit after I'd passed the halfway point but soon went back to form. 
    Making good use of the ability to skip sections when necessary but mainly for the driving sections and black blobs. 
    I will get there,hopefully soon. Can't wait to move on.
  • I have far too many in backlog to list and actually work through. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Go all alphabetical on them! That's what I'm slowly doing.
  • I'm going by how long I left them. A quick look at my achievements list suggests I need to get back to Eternal Sonata and GTAIV as I have left them the longest. 

Will start Eternal Sonata (again) as soon as I have finished Dishonoured an any other current game (Mark of the Ninja, which is great so far, and Dust).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I was going to do that but had a good few games I hadn't even played.
  • This thread reminds me - I was going to finish Ico and Vice City. Perhaps I'll alternate between them.
  • Just played a little over an hour of Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts. Not entirely sure if I should continue on with it. Although I did get some enjoyment out of it, I can't help but feel its a little too simple and would suit a young gamer better. Anyone played through and have an opinion to share?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!