The Credits Club - finishing games an hour at a time
  • Man I am tempted to get this for 360 now.
  • It looks bloody lovely in HD. If it wasn't for the Wii's controls I'd have gone back to the 360 version.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    tempted to start resi4 hd with the move, but might just start the bonus missions instead.

made some nice progress on operation flashpoint red river, now on second to last level but i really need a co op squad to polish it off so i may be a while posting updates on my progress.

started and finished mgs1 via remote play on vita though in 3 long sessionS though. ;)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Tactics Ogre update.  One battle is doing my head in.  It's a sidequest to destory the undead, and the final battle is a bitch.  Have to save a dieing girl in three turns but she's really hard to reach.  Even when I do resurrect her, the enemies kill her again but, there is no further resurrection after that, agh.

She might be left to die...

Just realised Ch 4 has a lot more content than the previous chapters with all sorts of side quests popping up, including a 100 floor dungeon.
  • I think ive summoned enough willpower not to start TO until I've finished FF IX. Very tempting though.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Just finished From Dust, enjoyed the first few levels, got a bit bored half way through, but then really started to appreciate the whole world sculpting thing and the strategies involved.

Had I not posted in here I'd have given up, and missed a great game. Thankyou Credits Club, you're the best. Next time I want to finish a game from my pile, I know where to come.

Will definitely go back and 100% the main game and do all the challenges at some point, great stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Off to my parents till Thursday. Moved save games for Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade and Epic Mickey onto SD card for Wii playage.
  • Finished a side quest and a story quest in Dungeon Siege.

Finished a load of story battles in Tactics Ogre.
  • Dark souls - been making steady progress with this beast up to Dark Root. Loving it still.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    Just finished From Dust, enjoyed the first few levels, got a bit bored half way through, but then really started to appreciate the whole world sculpting thing and the strategies involved. Had I not posted in here I'd have given up, and missed a great game. Thankyou Credits Club, you're the best. Next time I want to finish a game from my pile, I know where to come. Will definitely go back and 100% the main game and do all the challenges at some point, great stuff.

Did you not get a little tired of the repetitiveness of those strategies later on?

About halfway through Space Marine, I think. Being free on PSN, can't really say no. The gameplay is brutally simple compared to most action games but it's good bloody fun. I'd really prefer a 40K game in the vein of the old Final Liberation and Chaos Gate games though.

Splinter Cell has lost out to general busyness but i'm still enjoying it, currently sneaking through the office block looking for mercenary hackers.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Dark souls - been making steady progress with this beast up to Dark Root. Loving it still.

Have you killed Moonlight Butterfly yet? The view of it from the ledge in Darkroot was lovely.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    @Bollockoff:
    No, although the same mechanics are used, I found the different ways a level could be tackled kept it interesting.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I just man handled tons of earth to block water routes mainly. If there was some incentive to try different methods I would have.

Those exploding plants, needed more of them.
  • Someone needs to will me to do the last dungeon in Tales of Vesperia.

WILL ME!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Got back into Zelda SS at my parents there. Took me a while to remember controls and what I was doing but I'm now into the Forest Temple.
  • Ooh, my Skyward Sword's arriving tomorow/Wednesday. Can't wait.
  • Put in another hour of Resi 4 last night. Back into the village, then trough the graveyard and swamp using most of my ammo whilst seemingly picking up hardly any. Some of the villagers are taking half a dozen headshots with a pistol to take down, it keeps things tense and I've had to resort to my knife more than once, but I'd happily trade some tension for bullets atm.

Finished off by heading onto the lake and taking on the giant salamander. A decent boss fight, if a little too long. More tomorrow.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Put about 40 minutes into Mario Galaxy 2 there. Finished first world - need a couple of galaxy coins though.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I hope you're planning on getting the Green Stars reg. I do so hate it when people give up on the Green Stars and I kNow wHErE YoU liVE.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Put in another hour of Resi 4 last night. Back into the village, then trough the graveyard and swamp using most of my ammo whilst seemingly picking up hardly any. Some of the villagers are taking half a dozen headshots with a pistol to take down, it keeps things tense and I've had to resort to my knife more than once, but I'd happily trade some tension for bullets atm. Finished off by heading onto the lake and taking on the giant salamander. A decent boss fight, if a little too long. More tomorrow.

Don't forget to spam fistings and roundhouse kicks by shooting those bozos in the legs.
  • Yup, I'll have to do more of that. Think I finished up with a single mag of pistol rounds and a handful of rifle rounds. Should be interesting when I get back to it tonight.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I hope you're planning on getting the Green Stars reg. I do so hate it when people give up on the Green Stars and I kNow wHErE YoU liVE.

i know where you live. 

and where Reg lives as well.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yeah, B is right. Shoot once in the knee so they stumble, follow up with the auto combo. Becomes gospel later on. Doesn't work so well in Resi 5 though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I didn't know there were green stars
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I completed Resi 4 without a single roundhouse kick.

Cos I'm awesome.
  • You missed all of Leon's badass melee moves then, like the bodyslam. Resi 4 has the second best head squelch sound in VG land.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fuck that shit yo, leg it and machine pistol spray mofo
  • SISSY. You need to get in there and do some serious damage FO REALS
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've never killed the first, proper 'boss' without a rocket launcher, too.

Woop.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!