The Credits Club - finishing games an hour at a time
  • Chapter 5-3 of Resi 4. That QTE knife fight with Krauser really is awesome, think that was the first time I made it through without dying. Ran into the lasers right after though.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    final fantasy xIII-2 and tactics on the go for me.

loving ffxIII-2 but struggling knowing what to do with the crystanium as it dosent seem as good or in depth as previous games in the series (all ff games).
    im up to the bit now were theres an eclipse at these ruins and i need to stay in the lights or get my ass kicked by feral beasts that are much harder than me.
    also not sure what im doing with the pet monsters in my party really......some help and advice in the relevant thread would be nice.

on tactics war of the lions (psp on vita) i got killed right on the first battle trying to figure it all out,
    i then had another go a day later and won 2 battles with ease but aint been back to it yet as i dont know how to do stuff like change my weaponry and the tutorials take for ever to read thru.......gonna be a slow burner this one.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Resi 4 Wii Edition finished. The epic fight with Krauser remains the toughest and one of the most memorable part of the game for me, would have been a nightmare without my levelled up Killer 7 :D. 

The game hasn't aged badly at all, it still plays great and while there's the odd dodgy camera moment when I couldn't see or hit enemies close in, these aren't common enough to be an issue. The Wii controls are certainly an improvement on the Gamecubes, using the Wiimote as a lightgun is always good fun and simply making a slashing movement with your hand to use the knife works a treat. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it overall, and looking forward to playing Ada's story in Separate Ways. And yes, a second full playthrough wont be far off.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have Wii version to play. Need to finish 5 first though.
  • Think I'm gonna give 5 another run through after Ada's story, I'll miss my lightgun though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    5 is pretty hilarious.
  • I enjoyed it for the most part, played a lot of local co-op with it which helps.
  • Still got the DLC to fstart for RE5, if anyone's up for a zombie jaunt through the mansion and whatever the other one is, please let me know.
  • Killzone: Liberation. At the boss on chapter 5. Died once and put the psp into sleep mode as it needs a charge. Handy having sleep mode as I can keep re-trying the boss indefinitely without starting the level again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nick wrote:
    Still got the DLC to fstart for RE5, if anyone's up for a zombie jaunt through the mansion and whatever the other one is, please let me know.

Once I finish 5 with Tempy I'll join you for LIN
  • Nice, I think it's the mansion from RE1?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Okay, now I'm intrigued.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Only problem is the netcode for RE5 is the worst thing that has ever existed ever.
  • re: your tweet, yes we can play it tonight but we won't finish it.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed it overall, and looking forward to playing Ada's story in Separate Ways. And yes, a second full playthrough wont be far off.

I bought it at the start of the month and have completed it 3 times now. The second time round is great but the 3rd with the Chicago Typewriter was awesome

Seperate Ways is actually quite tough the first time round

Still a great game and the Wii controls mean it's the best version

• Yup. I've got the HD version on my 360, and while it looks lovely I can't see myself going back to those controls after playing it on the Wii.
  • Just started trying to get 5 stars on all the Mercenaries levels - did it on the Cube back in the day but not sure I've still got the requisitite skills

Village took me 5 or 6 goes with Leon and just the two with Ada
  • I definitely lack the skillz. Never managed it on the Cube and my four attempts at the Village got me 3 stars. 

I suck.
  • I have decided that I may have some of the skills after all. Unlocked Krauser and Hunk and got 5 stars with them both on the village first attempt

Krauser's bow makes it incredibly easy - well over 100k on the village with him

In fact there is only Leon that is rubbish on the Mercs - only just scraped 60k with him
  • Finished Killzone: Liberation!

Last boss is very, very hard.  Enjoyable game, with a unique run and gun feel that works really well.  Let down by hard bosses.

Master list has been updated.
  • Back to Dungeon Siege and having a hard time in the crypts.  Modified Automaton and Master Thief are hitting hard.  Going to visit the glitterdwelve (or something) instead and see if levelling up helps.

I'm playing on hardcore.
  • Got 5 stars with every character on each Mercenaries stage on RE4 - still got the skillz - and unlocked the ridiculous handcannon!

Such a great bonus mode, I think the best to worst characters after playing it a while are

Krauser>Hunk>Wesker>Ada>Leon
  • Dungeon Siege.  

Went to glitterdelve and made a bit more progress.  Similar difficulty to the crypts.  Bosses are still one-shotting me (or taking off 90% of my health in one hit).  

I had a look on gamefaqs and opinion seems to be that Hardcore is for ranged characters and that it is very hard mid-game onwards.

Will finish this part, and then consider turning difficulty down to normal if the crypts are still impossible.
  • Few more hours on this.  Finished the Glitterdelve quests, went back to the crypts and kicked the bosses' arses.

All down to levelling up a bit more, gratuitous use of attack skills, and equipping armour that boosted my hit points instead of other skills.

Around 17hrs so far.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    im at academia 500x or something on ff13-2.
    but decided to look for other stuff in it and level a bit.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Decided during the week that the only way to tackle my game collection was alphabetically. When I couldn't sleep last night,it was a good time to start so I rolled out of bed expecting to be soon continuing wherever I'd left off in Assassins Creed but it turns out Alone in the Dark was at the top of the queue. 
    Took the game off the shelf,unwrapped it and stuck the disc in the 360 only to have to update the bloody thing. Anyone else find their dashboard running slow with these new updates?
    Anyway,finally got to start the game but it's surprising how loud a slim can be in the dead of night,they seem silent during the day. Back to the dashboard I went to install the game so I could hear what was going on. That took about 15mins and brought me close to the end of my first hour attempting to play a game....
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • So yeah,onto the game:
    The first thing I'd like to point out to devs is that I don't want a button to control blinking,for you to make it necessary to blink or for that button to be clicking in a thumbstick!!
    Movement seemed very clunky,not sure if this is by design (this is my first AITD) or because it's so old. Gameplay itself seemed slow and just plodding from one invisible switch to another,triggering a piece of the building collapsing to open the next route. 
    All the way through the slow,uninspiring intro I could only think of The Darkness. A game I loved but felt AITD was never going to live up to. 
    More plodding eventually led me to a car park where I got my first experience of the games disappointing driving controls. Hopefully I won't be spending too much time in a drivers seat. 
    That was where I eventually left it,not convinced this was going to be a great game but I will persevere as I did buy this game and will try get my money's worth. At the same time though I hope the slow intro will only lead to something interesting as I get into the meat of the game.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I got about halfway through AitD when I had my PS3. Life's too short Hodge, wang it in the free to a good home thread.
  • I finished it. Ending is naff but... er, it is sometimes quite good. Not often, but sometimes. Probably not worth trying the driving bit though, it's utter shit.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I finished it. Ending is naff but... er, it is sometimes quite good. Not often, but sometimes. Probably not worth trying the driving bit though, it's utter shit.
    Roughly how long did you put into it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!