The Credits Club - finishing games an hour at a time
  • Tactics Ogre finished, I think.  Killed final boss on my seventh attempt.

Game now allows me to time travel back across the story timeline with the option of trying different options at certain battles.  I can also play through the game from the end of chapter 1 following the other two story lines (law and neutral in my case).

However, even though I got the credits, the game has now opened up a Coda chapter which seems to be another full chapter.

Not sure if I can classed this as finished or not.  Probably not.  60 hrs so far.  Hopefully this chapter doesn't need the 25 or so that Chapter 4 took.

Conclusions at this time are that this is a fantastic game with amazing presentation and tons of micro-management for your characters.
  • Shotgun headshots work for me. I need to catch up, you're steaming ahead.

Knock 'em down and wail on them as much as you can with the shotgun. Different grenade types work really well.
  • Cheers both, I'll try a few incendiary grenades and stick with the shotgun. Going away tomorrow but I'll crack on with it later in the week - plenty of time to catch up, stormy.
  • Use flash grenades, they kill head-sprouters outright iirc. I quite stupidly dumped mine to make room for ammo in prep for the camp. Used Tempy's tip, worked a treat but cost a lot of shells. I'll remember to keep a couple of flash grenades on me from now on.

Just got to the castle. I'm done for the night.
  • Just checked a guide and the new chapter requires some effort.  It was dlc in Japan but we get it built into our game.

It has 4 episodes.  In episode 2, I'll have to do the 100 floor dungeon (no chance), and because I followed the chaos route I haven't recruited a character that is needed to even be able to start episode 4.

Solution to complete Coda is to run through chapters 2, 3, and 4 again choosing the law path.

That ain't going to happen so this game is considered as finished.

My master list on page 9 has been updated.
  • sterling work sir.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Flash grenades do indeed kill the headsplitter things in 1,
    They also kill all the crows in an area making mopping up more supplies and gems easier.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Ah, that's handy to know. I've been using hand grenades :D.
  • Cheers Davie. I figured out the crows trick but haven't properly experimented with the flash grenades yet.
  • Just got to the castle; will continue later...
  • Tempy wrote:
    Shotgun headshots work for me. I need to catch up, you're steaming ahead.

Knock 'em down and wail on them as much as you can with the shotgun. Different grenade types work really well.

Tempy that was a prime fire works well moment we missed.
  • Chapter 3 down - facing off against Verdugo. I suspect I need the rocket launcher...
  • Chapter 4 finished. The end of chapter boss looks hard but is dead easy - I just stood right in front of him and didn't stop shooting the glowing weak spot(s). Waded into chapter 5 on the island - the shift towards combat makes the game feel like Uncharted - more specifically the pirates section in U3. Also, Verdugo did indeed succumb to the rocket launcher.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Krauser will make you gay for QTE knife fights.
  • Possibly the best bad guy evar.
  • Choke wrote:
    Chapter 3 down - facing off against Verdugo. I suspect I need the rocket launcher...

Is he the right hand man of Salazar? You use the canisters spread about to freeze him and then you can damage him more. Takes all four though
  • retro74 wrote:
    Choke wrote:
    Chapter 3 down - facing off against Verdugo. I suspect I need the rocket launcher...
    Is he the right hand man of Salazar? You use the canisters spread about to freeze him and then you can damage him more. Takes all four though

Cheers, but yes I 'cheated' and used the rocket launcher for a one-hit kill. I'm up against the Regenerator now who I don't think will fall as easily. Haven't reached Krauser yet.
  • Fuck Regenerators. Fuck their sisters later on. Fuck U-3.

Fuck a lot about that while area in general.

(In a good way)
  • Choke wrote:
    Cheers, but yes I 'cheated' and used the rocket launcher for a one-hit kill. I'm up against the Regenerator now who I don't think will fall as easily. Haven't reached Krauser yet.

Funnily enough I'm playing through RE4 myself at the mo'. I had to use my rocket launcher on the Salazar big mutant plant type thing. He kept killing me in one bite and I couldn't remember how to avoid it from last time

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I just used the rocket launcher on every boss.

LIKE A BOSS.
  • You only get one and I'm too tight to buy another
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That's like you using magic on everything in Demon's.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    operation flashpoint red river is done.
    get me in the op bitches.

working on my galactic readines now to finish the last couple of misions on me3.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • retro74 wrote:
    Choke wrote:
    Funnily enough I'm playing through RE4 myself at the mo'. I had to use my rocket launcher on the Salazar big mutant plant type thing. He kept killing me in one bite and I couldn't remember how to avoid it from last time

Use the shotgun or the upgraded Red9 and stand as close to him as you can. Just keep shooting the weak spot(s) and he won't have a chance to do the one-hit kill.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Fuck Regenerators. Fuck their sisters later on. Fuck U-3. Fuck a lot about that while area in general. (In a good way)

I really hate regenerating enemies. Was the worst thing about Dead Space. I'm not a fan of re-spawning enemies either - cheap.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    That's like you using magic on everything in Demon's.

Its like me doing what the fuck I want with the game I bought huh yeah objection?
  • On to 5.3. and the QTE knife fight with Krauser. Can't be arsed with 1-hit-kill QTEs at this time of night. Who is this guy anyway?

Also, Regenerators are a piece of piss with the thermal scope attached.
  • Choke wrote:
    Also, Regenerators are a piece of piss with the thermal scope attached.

Yeah, the thermal scope makes it too easy. You go from blind panic to cocky fucker in no time flat, well I did anyway.

3.3 done. Had to dump a load of grenades to make room for the RPG, but I'm not really using them. Can't afford the Attache case XL atm, hopefully I'll have enough money to get it by the time I find the Broken Butterfly. 

More tomorrow.
  • Killzone: Liberation now.

It's getting tough. 24 deaths on the boss of chapter IV.3.

Lovely looking game and it's great when you get used to the controls. Bosses are a bitch though.

This is one game I wouldn't fancy playing through again on hard.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!