adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    OK, the magical guide line is attempting to lead me round in a circle THROUGH A MASSIVE FUCK-OFF PANE OF GLASS, what the fuck is going on?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • It really doesn't sound like you're enjoying Dead Space, ERE. Personally I thought it was the best survival horror since Siren and RE4 but it's not for everyone.

Managed to get in a couple of hours of Killer7 today. It's picking up pace and thanks to the map and the icons, the puzzles are no where near as obtuse as they were. The visuals continue to amaze - I love that some of the cut scenes are rendered in a completely different way to the rest of the game and that each level offers distinctive visuals and approaches. Glad I managed to get past the first (incredibly disorientating) chapter.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The thing is there's actually a lot to like about the basic gameplay. I can see myself liking Dead Space 2 if it's a bit of an improvement. It's just... I dunno. It's almost working for me, but not quite.
  • The only thing I really didn't like about it was the regenerating monster. It did feel satisfying when I torched his ass for the last time! It sounds like it's really small things that are bothering you which suggests to me that you're not such a fan of the atmosphere - maybe break it up with something else (are you playing RDR at the moment?)
  • He's clearly been playing too many Weaksauce JRPGs and can't stand the REAL MAN POWA of Dead Space with its stripped back hud elements.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I finished RDR off a few days ago. Apart from the confusion over what I was meant to be doing, the end of Chapter 9 was pretty satisfactory. Onto Chapter 10...
  • Ok, the last couple of chapters are a bit more actiony and pretty straightforward.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Someone has taken the navigation cards from the escape shuttle and scattered them around the deck for no reason at all. Not a great start. Seriously, can NOTHING go right for Isaac?

[It is Isaac's birthday. He walks into the room.]
    EVERYONE: SURPRISE!
    ISAAC'S FRIEND: Happy Birthday! We decided to throw you a surprise party! However, for some reason all the candles for your birthday cake have been scattered around your house. You will need to find all of the candles, place them in the cake and light them for the party to continue.
    [Isaac sighs. For a fleeting moment he thought that today would be a special day but, no, his life was continuing as normal.]
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Chapter 10 has started out OK. I think tonight's session was a better session.
  • I'm playing Rage, as it's the complete opposite of the sort of game I usully like. I have made it to Wellspring. It's quite fun.
  • Still kicking about between RDR and BF3. But now thinking of hitting some Crysis 2 as well. 
    Dunno, 
    Have to stick with RDR.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Crysis 2 was terrible and this is from someone who loved Far Cry (1&2) and Crysis.
  • Choke wrote:
    Crysis 2 was terrible and this is from someone who loved Far Cry (1&2) and Crysis.

I liked it. But not enough to have something else come in and grab my attention instead.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    crysis2 were so bad i sent it back to lovefilm the day i recieved it.
    only operation racoon city has shared that honour this year so far.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Traded it after about an hour too. Rage is much more fun.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    crysis2 were so bad i sent it back to lovefilm the day i recieved it. only operation racoon city has shared that honour this year so far.
    Nick wrote:
    Traded it after about an hour too. Rage is much more fun.

I shall hate it from this day forward..
  • I completed it. It didn't get any better.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Dead Space again. Thanks to Mario Sunshine's inability to invert the camera I'm now completely disoriented. Yay!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Encountered reuse of a shock scare from earlier in the game.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Near the end of Chapter 10 but didn't quite make it tonight. Yeah, twas OK.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Choke/Nick/Davie: I will fuck you up, Crysis 2 was/is/forevershallbe amazing.
  • You liked Rage though right?

Played some more last night. Got a plough for my truck. Can't argue with that. Also made about 50 Pop Rockets, which are essentially exploding shotgun slugs. Been told I have to go to a Dark City, to vamp up my defibrilator. That's cool, but the mission starts in the sewers. We'll see how interesting those are in the next episode.
  • Choke/Nick/Davie: I will fuck you up, Crysis 2 was/is/forevershallbe amazing.

well, that's confused things.

I'm inclined to believe Dark Soldier because he has demonstrated knowledge on such things

However Choke, Nick and Davie are all top blokes..

There is only one way to sort this out.....

FIGHT!!!!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    @Nick - Yeah, I loved Rage for what it is, bar the end, which will frustrate you like a mofo. It's just an old school corridor blaster with hubs.

@Revel - Crysis 2 will be as good as you wish to make it, every battle can be approached in multiple ways. I really don't get the complaints. Although I never played the first.
  • I'm playing on Hard, so this final test might be too much, we'll see.

For me Crysis 2 wanted me to be a military tactician in a city, whereas I wanted to be an alien cyborg roaming an open landscape. It just didn't fit with what I wanted.
  • My problem was with the 'multiple ways' thing, it was overly artificial and not anything new after FC2 and Halo, IMO.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fair enough, it just approached the battlefield in a style I adore. Apart from Fry Cry 2 and (technically) Borderlands, I prefer more closed environments with the FPS.

Also, re what I said about Rage, I won't go into any more detail, but you'll definitely know what I mean when you finish it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    My problem was with the 'multiple ways' thing, it was overly artificial and not anything new after FC2 and Halo, IMO.

Well, yeah, but why did it have to be new when it was done so well (imo, anyhoo).
  • I didn't fink it were done that well, IMOHOMOONOLOL
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah, well...LIKE YOUR FACE.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!