General Bear Knuckle
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I have one of those. They're quite cool.

(Chronus. Not the Brook).
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    The much better option is to replace its PCB or piggyback a DS4 board to it.

Adaptors are fine, but they've been taken out temporarily by PS4 updates a couple of times.
    That definitely sounds like the better idea but also sounds like a difficult job. I'll have a scout around for what needs to be done.

It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • So that's Arcsys doing a 3v3 DBZ fighter in the Xrd engine coming out in 2018.

MvCI confirmed dead on arrival. FGC is about to enter the greatest timeline.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • So that's Arcsys doing a 3v3 DBZ fighter in the Xrd engine coming out in 2018.

MvCI confirmed dead on arrival. FGC is about to enter the greatest timeline.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • So good i somehow posted it twice.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    That actually does sound awesome.

Screenshots?
  • Here's the trailer, I think game play has also been shown. Apparently you can call both assists at the same time.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Actually a legit reason to own an Xbone.

I'm not even a DBZ fan/pussy-boy.
  • It's not exclusive.
  • I had a hardcopy of this once upon a year:

It has very odd pacing.
  • People with T7 jukebox on random or custom soundtracks you guys are missing out, change your setting back to default for this stage! This is the best piece of in game music I've heard since Six Black Heavens Guns from Xrd!

• Top 4 of Tekken 7 from CEO 2017 about to start.

https://www.twitch.tv/tekken
  • Anyone finish the story mode in Tekken 7? That last match was a pain, but the 'special chapter' at the end is fucking horrendous, almost KOF levels of frustration. Just learnt to cheese it in the end.

Not sure if I'll hold onto it tbh, the online is pretty laggy most of the time, and really want to get on with Nier instead now. Might get the platinum and trade back.

Did find my main with Asuka though, so will play more online and see how it goes. The fighting itself is really good.
  • Did find my main with Asuka though, so will play more online and see how it goes. The fighting itself is really good.

Have a nice guide by the best Tekken player in Ireland, and one of the best in Europe on Asuka.

• Youtube messed up the encoding so the music gets very loud over Fergus' already soft spoke voice at times.

He has a more in depth Asuka guide coming too.

Fergus is sick at Tekken and he streams from twith.tv/fergus2k8

Tell him Chopper sent you.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    @Roujin — what's all this about your new Crocs Club social life?! You're too cool for it, you know.

We should deffo pencil-in next weekend for some games. I still haven't had time to get very far with it, but I'm not a fan of certain things. Spike's an improvement on Bound in terms of braindead damage, but it has less utility, so you can't be as creative with it. And they've really nerfed oki as a concession to newcomers, because tech-backroll's way too strong in open play. The ground game was always a key Tekken strength, and now it's borderline oversimplified. I won't know until we play, but I'm expecting to feel less pressured after knockdowns.

There's lots of minor ‘appeasement’ dumbing-down, as well, like King's iSW becoming an official juggle-ender, making it much easier as a result. It was never super-hard, but I liked its place as a risk for optimum damage. Talking of damage, Lee's definitely weaker on infinite stages. It's not that he can't deal damage, just that it's hard work in comparison to other characters. Magic 4, b+1:1~f, b~n+2,3, b+2~f... Whereas King just goes M4, b+1, d/f+4,3,4 for similar damage. But then Lee's 4 is 11 frames versus King's 13. I dunno, we'll see how that plays out.

Another thing I've found with Lee is that some of his CH combos are mildly situational (he's all about those), and it's tricky to know which things are gonna whiff until they have. Like his u/f+3,4 low-crush, where his pickup b+3,3 usually whiffs if they fall slightly off-axis to their left. Most of the other characters seem to have reliable hopkick combos. I'm sure he's still my best character, but I think I'll leave him until I've improved a bit.

(As a relative latecomer, it's possible that they didn't fully test his hitboxes when they rejigged him for the new mechanics. Or I'm just getting old...)

So all in all, Dark Res is still my favourite fightman, and I maybe slightly prefer Tekken 6; if only for Baek. I would include Tag 2, but I'm still salty about that Pair Play. It didn't even have 1v1 online pairs! Harada needs to go, I think, because Team Battle should've been a lock in T7. And I do understand the reasoning for trying to broaden the game's appeal with Supers, but they just dilute its core IMO. Most casuals won't stick around long enough to find that out for themselves, and those that do'll end up disserved by them. Co-op and community features are the best way to chase that market.

Lag aside, everything that hit me in DR hit me because I was outplayed. The same as I consider Hyper Fighting the purest version of Street Fighter II, I don't think they'll ever top it. I miss those 8-frame jabs and the snappiness of its movement. No comeback mechanics.
  • Yes to games.

No to Harada going unless he's going to be replaced with Daisuke Ishiwatari. Harada is at least trying to balance the long time fans against new players, instead of just pandering to new players above all else.

I agree with you on the simplified oki, where my backroll or front roll into cross chop gone!?

I will let it off though because i really fucking love the armour system. Feels so good with a big body to eat a little dickhead character's 121 and slap then them fuck down for equivalent or greater damage into oki follow up pressure. A true scrub killer system available to every character!

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'M NOT SO SURE! Dunno if Lee has any armour, I'll have to check. He has a broom.

With Harada, it's down to repeat dev failings that come under his remit. Ridic loading times in the PS4 version of T7, and no netcode patch yet. In Tag 2 it was the absence of online pairs, even via TB. The HD update of Tag was PS3-only and had no online play...

Send him on a long holiday, make the next game without him, and if it's worse, bring him back.
  • I thought the general consensus on 7 was that it's tip top banana? Had heard PS4 is playing peasant to the PC version at the moment but not enough to dent how great the overall package is. Going to grab it on PC upon my return to NZ, been watching a lot of streams and it looks awesome.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Two dudes tried to step to me in the Shimo arcade tonight. My house. I swiftly saw the boot with them then continued to finish USFIV on the same 100¥ piece. 40 mins entertainment.

hVB0BE5.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    In other news, UMVSC3 is currently £12 on the PS4 on the store. Anyone fancy going down a dark road with me
  • KOF XIV is 66% off and the DLC is 33% off too.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Anyone else playing Under Night In Birth?
    I liked Melty Blood. Twas' a solid game.

This is more of the same, but with better graphics, and more weeab...
    I'm not hooked as yet, but it's better than SF5.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The Panda pressure's real! Thanks for the crash course, Rouj. Topsy-turvy, eh.

Only took twenny-odd matches to stop walking into those wake-up Ragemans! I'm a slow learner, but that's ridiculous. At least some of that's 'cause I've been away for four years, so I need to kick my habit for oki (Lee had great oki in 6, but we've Arts, armour, and a strong tech-backroll now). I dislike you having Rage Arts more than I like having them myself, y'know. I mostly reserve Lee's for boosting his juggle damage, but he can take a decent chunk anyway in that case. But then I've never been a fan of Supers, as you all know.

I found a bit of spacing towards the end as I relaxed, but there was too much windmilling until then; way too thirsty. I was too focused on fishing for magics in neutral, misjudging their range, and my CH game with Lee needs to acclimatise to the lag. It was a reasonable connection, but a lot of my interrupts were too late and got blown up.

What is it that you don't like about King, by the way? He's always seemed like your sort of character. He's supposed to be pretty good in 7, and when I wasn't dropping his business I can kinda see why.
  • I dont really like king, because i feel like grapplers are kind of not a thing in Tekken, you can break all throws and you can break his multi throws at each branch (even if i such at breaking them!!!) so it seemed kind of moot to me when i started playing back in the day.

I do like throws for a bit of flavour though, which is why i liked Jack and then later Drag as they have a variety of stuff for when you want to switch things up a bit.

Really though what i like most in Tekken are characters with a stance option, or with a good reversal/parry game. Basically, characters with a bit of gimmicky shit about them. Over the years I've dabbled with Bears, Hwoarang, Yoshi, Dr.B, Wang, Jinpachi, Miguel and since T7, Kazumi.

Good games mang, will be around this evening if you want more. Probably no stream again though, last night it was waaaay too hot, i had to take my crocs off at one point!
  • Double post fail.
  • Oh baby a triple!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!