Fortnite - Tower defence Loot 'em up!
  • Nah. Plus it’s a perfect game for one quick blast as well as matches aren’t really long.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just had a game with my 10 Yr old nephew. Felt so inadequate as he built elaborate towers as I fumbled to build a single ramp :/

Good fun though, I might put some time into it.
  • The Disco Domination LTM is pretty great once you get to grips with it.  Two teams of 32, 5 control points, re-spawns enabled, keep your weapons when you re-spawn.  Go for kills or play the objectives, s'all good.

I've had some of the most intense games of Fortnite yet with this, with me vs other solo players going after the same control point over and over, building the kind of rivalries that have been absent 'til now.  Great stuff.

Reckon Dante would love it.
  • Sounds like a blast, will have to fire it up I reckon.
  • Fortnitemares 2018 is go!  The cube on the floating island has exploded, and in a nice lil sort-of StW crossover, zombies have been unleashed. So far so Blackout, but I gotta think that this has been in the works for a while - there was speculation of this kinda thing last Halloween.

Anyhoo, the post-launch support continues to make most other games look they're not even trying. And yeah I'm looking at you, Overwatch. Fucking do something, Blizzard!!!

• It's borked the game so they've taken it down for now. More worryingly they've added in the ability to use your glider when you fall from 3 stories or more (like in the limited time mode), which is a stupid change. Bouncers already did that sort of thing in a cooler way but they took them out.
    GT: Knight640
  • Fingers crossed the downtime will be low, the mode looks great fun.  

I'm really unsure about the glider change.  It's a nod to average Joe (Soaring modes have been stupidly popular) and I've no doubt lots of people will love it, but high end build battles are gonna be far less meaningful if you can just hop off whenever, and good circle management/navigation will be less important.  Launch pads will get vaulted if the changes stick.

And I do miss those cool bouncer plays, fist time (only time...) I got a mid-air hunting rifle shot on someone pushing me was a proper drop the controller in shock moment.

Edit:  It's already been re-enabled.  That was quick.
  • Fortnitemares signs off with an in-game event at 6pm GMT today.  Can't wait to see the next stage of this continuing storyline that all started with the meteor appearing in the sky during Season 3, way back in March.

It's looking like Disco Domination is gonna be the best place to view this, with re-spawns enabled and all.
  • Is this game any good?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Fair enough. Had a slight moment of curiosity there but it has passed.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I have played it and enjoyed it a bunch in the past. You should try at least one Battle Royale style game, be it Fortnite, PUBG, or the new CoD or Battlefield modes.
  • It's great fun.  Someone's hacked Dante's account.
  • It may have been a glib comment.
  • 'Twas a real mind fuck of an event, tbh.  Kevin the cube starts spinning and glowing and then... Boom.  We're not in Kansas anymore.  

QCamupR.gif

Oh, and loot lake is now good.
  • Season 7 is here, and it's looking pretty epic.  I'm assuming those biplanes are for the new Creative Mode (Edit: Nope, all modes!).

Glad to see they're still hard at work on Save the World as well. I've been a lil worried they'd ease off in favour of BR, but the events, content drops, and improvements are coming faster than ever.  Good work, Epic.
  • Oh and pumps are feeling amazing again. Gimme one of those for close up and one of the new heavy AR's (or a silenced SCAR) for that sweet mid range tap-fire and I'm good.

And a sniper. Obvs.
  • Creative mode is free right? Means I can actually practice building.
  • Yeah, they've had a Playground Mode for a while, Creative looks like a progression from that.

The various large team LTM's are worth a go for practicing building in an actual game, once you're comfortable enough after using the Playground. They're just a bit of fun, nothing remotely sweaty. There's a 20v20 mode running atm, first team to 100 elims wins. Respawns are enabled and you keep your loot when you die.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If it's what we hope me and my lad will spend many a weekend morning on creative mode.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    If it's what we hope me and my lad will spend many a weekend morning on creative mode.

Had a brief look into Creative, and it does warn you that it's at an early development stage, but it seems like it could be huge.  You get 4 saves, basically your own mini-islands, and a shit load of options for your own custom games.

Here's a brief overview (the least annoying one I could find).

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not sure about this creative mode. It's a right faff. To use one piece of scenery you have to spawn every piece from that set and then delete all the ones you don't want? Or am I doing it wrong? Seems a real weird way of doing it. Just let me choose one piece and place it.
  • When are they making the original game available for free to play?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Not sure about this creative mode. It's a right faff. To use one piece of scenery you have to spawn every piece from that set and then delete all the ones you don't want? Or am I doing it wrong? Seems a real weird way of doing it. Just let me choose one piece and place it.

Yup, that seems to be the way atm.  It absolutely will change though, Creative's a work in progress and will just keep getting better and better with all the feedback / constructive criticism.  Same as Save the Storm, same as Battle Royale.  Promise.  Maybe.

Kernowgaz wrote:
    When are they making the original game available for free to play?

2019, no exact date yet.  They've recently ramped up the speed and scale of the Save the World improvements, and the game's looking and playing so much better than it did a year ago.  They still need to add a storyline for the final area of the campaign, it's all place holder missions atm, but after that it should be release ready.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Is this now crossplay between all consoles?

My nephew wants money for a ps4 to play this, it's almost his birthday. Was wondering if I could join in with the switch version.

Also, you don't need PS+ to play this online? Is that right? I don't want for him to be disappointed at his birthday.

And while I'm here, I've already asked in the "ask a badger" thread, what would be fun presents to give him that are Fortnite themed? Apart from money I think it'd be fun for him to get a little something from the. It will be his 8th birthday.
  • Afaik I think it’s all cross play now. Also, my ps plus sub expired but I can still play fortnite save the world mode - according to the faq, only Xbox requires the online sub to play the Battle Royale mode: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/faq

I dunno if you have access to the console, but might be worth preloading it (and any patches) for him the night before as the patches come quite regularly, so wouldn’t want him to have to sit and watch a progress bar ;-)
  • People still playing this?
    My son's been looking for the Battle Pass for a while now and I've resisted because it's just cosmetic tat. However, he was getting excited the other day about being close to earning v-bucks so I decided to see if I could help him on the way. Turns out it's quite enjoyable completing the challenges and you could earn enough to buy the next BP. Now I'm debating whether to get the pass now and work with him to earn the next one in a few weeks or is it too late now and I should wait for the next season? We're currently level 16 & tier 18. Looks like you'd have to reach tier 51 to have enough for a BP.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Season 7 began on December 6th, and should finish on February 27th. I've never done the Battle pass, so I don't know if you could do it in that time or not. @stormyskiesahead might be able to help.
  • Yeah, it should be doable without a problem.  The Battle Pass usually costs 950 Vbucks iirc, so you'll want to get to tier 59 though.  You can blast through an entire week's challenges in a couple of hours if you don't care about winning, so you could catch up on the gold challenges without an issue.  And like you say, they can be quite fun to do, and they offer a nice change of pace to the main game.
  • I don't play it as much as I used to, but I'm gonna make sure I get that Durr Burger onesie skin.  Screw wins, it's all about the dress-up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!