Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Will I still think it's going no deal, but to keep it sane I think we should stop there, otherwise it'll be 5,000 pints in 2020.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'll be miffed if it's no deal but two weeks later. The good thing about me buying was going to be that this whole shambles would be more promising.
  • I really like this series. it's just a bloke from The Guardian going around England chatting really, but it's quite good and it's been going on since the ref.

• He is great. Has been for a while. Hope he puts in a feature length documentary out of these
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Best journalism, recording people. Interpretation is overrated.
  • That one is kind of heartbreaking. I watched a few of them but something about the person who clearly knows what it means to be part of society and is actively trying to fix their bit of it ( the food maker) but still would vote brexit. Such a contrary picture painted and assumed often by myself and I imagine a lot of others.
  • My parents are divorced and are so different. Kind of.

My Dad's a Brexit man and he's actively against economic growth. Thinks it's shite. I don't agree with the Brexit thing but accept he might have a point about growth. He describes himself as right wing without embarassment.

My Mum was a full on Commie. She even lived in Cuba for a while. She thinks Brexit is going to be an economic disaster and is a mental remain. She suddenly seems pervertedly intersested in capital growth and the damage leaving will have to the economy. 

I don't have a point about any of this except they probably have more in common than they would ever admit.
  • They both have points.

The pursuit of growth for growth's sake has got out of hand.
    On the other side it is a global issue and removing the UK from the EU doesn't solve anything.

Today I watched, in its entirety, The Giant Beast that is the Global Economy.
    8 part Amazon Prime doc series that focuses on various aspects of globalism economics.
    Its Amazon so it's not anti-capitalist but presented by Kel Penn (Harold and Kumar actor, part of Obama's White House staff and worked/ing with Bernie) so he balances it out.
    Really interesting, I think you would get something out of it.
  • I'll watch that.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Petition is past four million
  • I was listening on the radio the other day - it must have been a 4pm show on radio 4 wednesday. The woman speaking spoke how all of the growth, the 1% of it, is exactly the same as the amount of personal debt created. It was a pretty interesting show with some ideas about how the government should write off shit loads of personal debt because all the money that is used to pay off interest is the wasted calories of money (my terms) and not being fed back into the communities - the further argument being that the banks already got theirs when we saved them in 2008.
  • All money is created as debt. That's why the world is collectively in debt and it doesn't all balance out. When the banks were in trouble there we a good argument for letting them go under because the net effect would be to cancel the debt. The debt that was created by typing a negative number into a computer to make a mortgage spaff out of thin air.

My brother works for Bank of America and his opinion is "It's fucked up".
  • I've been bullied into going to the march. I never march.
  • What hilarious #bantz are you going to put on your sign?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    "YOU SHOULD ALL VOTE FOR MAY'S DEAL"
  • Prepare for disappointment
  • You should saunter rather than march.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Loadsa people, but very quiet.

I've already come up with a better chant than anyone.

B-R-E-X-I-T,

find out what it means to me,

B-R-E-X-I-T

We hate the DUP!

Staaaaaay!

We wanna remain.

These remainers suck

• Start a massive riot.
  • This is basically a centrist, middle class and eea citizen thank. Lots of anti Corbo. I essentially disagree with 80% of them.
  • You've met up with The Guardian.
  • The march, the petition. Jesus. Incredibly proud of the people getting involved in this, utterly mortified at how I know the reaction will play out.
  • Holy shit I just walked past Chris Morris
  • Holy shit I just walked past Chris Morris

Fuck me, nice spot.
  • His face is all popmarked as well so it took me a sec
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m heading up to show my face.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Organisers are estimating a million people.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's pretty clear, from the numbers of people who have taken part in this march, that there is little reason to doubt the validity of the number of people that signed the petition.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!