Street Fighter V
  • I only watch it now. And only because vids turn up on my YT feed cos I watched some matches before so I just watch finals or something. 

I have no time to play much stuff nowadays. I give up trying to find time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Smang wrote:
    every discussion around this game is either people slagging it or trying to justify why they play it...

try something else and see the light.

Tried other stuff. Still like this. each to there own. But I don't think posting comments as to why it's good in the sfv thread is that silly. And from my point, I thought it held up well after playing the other sf2 and 3 games for a good while.

SFV - reddave360
  • Got a link elf?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I only watch it now. And only because vids turn up on my YT feed cos I watched some matches before so I just watch finals or something.  I have no time to play much stuff nowadays. I give up trying to find time.

Same here...

So... Is this just a function of age?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Kids (and work) innit

Making as much time as I can for Sekiro as I did for DMC5, as they are absolute essentials for me, but neglecting sleep and some time with kids for other games just isn’t worth it anymore.

Also can’t conmit to arranging multiplayer anymore. And also don’t have dedicated gaming room anymore.
  • The video was intense.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Hahaha sick! That's like that Vega glitch where he just flies away and the screen keeps panning upwards.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • i knew i should have kept chunning. looks pretty easy to do as well
  • Me and Curtis had a good session on this last night and it was a good laugh. Here's the thing, played at our level its fine, I'm Super Gold and we have mostly back and forth matches. Played at a Pro level I can imagine it's frustrating as fuck because you can't zone (barring maybe Menat) or defend reliably. You are forced to play a certain way. So many characters have total bullshit that you can't react and have to rely on reads. Akuma, Ibuki, Bison, all main offenders for this.

It's a game about getting your opponent in the corner and battering them. At my level its a good fighting game, not great (like IV was), but good and fun enough for me to invest an hour or two with friends.
  • SF5 is okayish but certainly not great compared to previous installments.
    Gameplay is way too offense orientated with not enough defensive options.
    It all revolves around the vortex rush down which comes down to guessing games (reads?) on whether the opponent will go for another link or mix it up with a throw. Invincibility startup frames on specials are mostly reserved for ex and supers so you can't reliably do defensive specials anymore; a design change which has a huge impact on the gameplay.

The other thing is some characters (special) moves have almost no recovery time. Combine that with elongated stun block times and you can spam certain links into infinity. If you're without meter backed into a corner you are fucked defensively.

The game is super accessible tho, any noob can jump in and try to do zoning/throwing strategies which work at lower skill levels. Once you get to silver though expect vortex rushdowns to dominate and frustration to build up. The game still feels inherently broken at the core when it comes to defense.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • With season 4 definitely the wind down, what do people want from a sf 6? Or is a long break needed while something else fills this gap for capcom? Say a return of darkstalkers, another marvel (without the capcom fighter) or even a whole new fighter IP?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Want them to not worry about accessibility.

Most casual players don't become tournament players because it's accessible.

Load the game with single player content from launch, and ensure the netcode/input delay is really good.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    or even a whole new fighter IP?

They should do Darkstalkers 4 and not fuck it up. This also ties into Chopper's comment about not worrying about accessibility, at least not in the mechanics, just put an accessible control scheme in like other games where you can do an easy one button combo or easy input special moves, and the trade off is that you do reduced damage and you're stuck doing basic combos. Leave all the links and batshit sako combos intact. 

I think the main thing they should focus on is not rushing the development, don't pick the launch window of the next gen, just pick a date some years from now and aim for that.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I want to see a return of SSFIV level of mechanics. I hated SFV...
  • Agreed, Capcom should do a DarkStalkers game in the new unreal 4 sfv engine.
    Crazy combo's. specials and supers but bring back the defensive options please. No nerfed specials with 0 invincibility startup frames.
  • Capcom are a spent force. Accept this.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The latest Monster Hunter was a 10 though, right?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • The latest Devil May Cry was a 9 though, right?
  • Want them to not worry about accessibility. Most casual players don't become tournament players because it's accessible. Load the game with single player content from launch, and ensure the netcode/input delay is really good.

This.
    Also rank players more accurately so matchmaking can be fairer and more precise. This way n00bs can climb the ranks gradually without seasoned players (bottomfeeders?) picking them off all the time. No need to dumb down the game mechanics, allow players to learn gradually at their own pace as they climb the ranks.

Also, adapt the control scheme to fit modern (console) controllers and not arcade sanwa sticks (sf2,sf3,sf4). I didn't like sf4's FADC because of that, too fiddly to execute consistently on a pad.
  • The latest Monster Hunter was a 10 though, right?

As regards fightman, I should've said. MHW is very good.
  • Punk in another main tourney Grand Final, this time with Daigo at Mixup 2019. Seems to be the man to beat right now. Watched it. Not a great final until last couple of games.
  • Mental final (last three sets)
  • if capcom made another darkstalkers they'd fuck it with DLC, let alone half bake what ends up in the game.

GG was a spiritual successor to darkstalkers anyway. Give the IP to arc and their fancy graphics engine - i will rampage when they inevitably redesign the DS characters in the sfv style.
  • my point.

so lame, two of those are for the same character.
  • I really like the idea of arc doing a capcom game. I've always had trouble with the quirky designs of arcs characters, if they were using street fighter or dark stalkers characters it might help me settle in.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Capcom vs SNK v.3.0
    Dooo iiiiiiiiittttt Capcom!
  • Also tearing it up with Ryu parrying the fuck out of everything and everyone is tremendous fun in 5.

Capcom vs Arc.
    Now there's an idea....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!