Monster Hunter
  • My kink goes unsatisfied once again!
  • Tempy wrote:
    My kink goes unsatisfied once again!

You really got me!
  • Anybody who says MoHan doesn't deserve to call themselves a Monster Hiunter fan ;-)
  • Monster Hiunter
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Anybody who says MoHan doesn't deserve to call themselves a Monster Hiunter fan ;-)

Me and Elm called Generations MoHanGenDon so we must now insert ourselves fully in the bin I guess.
    We regret nothing.

I've been using the easy mode armour and dual blades to Peng my way through the PC version of this - not particularly feeling any guilt as I'd done most of it on Xbox. Another pining wish for cross gen save transfers. Hi hum. Anyway, it's great. That's all.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's great. Looks fantastic maxed out on PC. Just a bit time consuming and demanding on some hunts but I guess that's what you sign up for.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    These cutscenes look silly when your handler is wearing the space outfit and your cat is dressed up as a Chinese Dragon with a loose jaw.
  • Nina wrote:
    These cutscenes look silly when your handler is wearing the space outfit and your cat is dressed up as a Chinese Dragon with a loose jaw.

I really like the absurdity of how earnest a lot of the cutscenes are and how ridiculous everything the player touches looks. It’s a built in belly-laugh generator.

Dropped the 2 most recent monsters so now it’s on to a, seemingly, big fight. Those fights were fantastic and I think Cappers did a great job (from what I’ve seen so far) with this expansion. I can’t imagine how long it takes to bring these monsters into World - yes, many of them are old monsters, but there’s clearly loads of work done per beast.

Weapon and armour design is better too, albeit still a relative weak spot for this game. Seems a slightly minor complaint though, given the wealth of content, tweaks and additions overall.
  • Jeez. Most recent mission was brutal and very frustrating with a hammer. Victory wasn’t fist-pumping joy, it was just a deep sigh of relief. Hardest mission in the entire game so far, besides maybe the Teo + Leo mission.
  • Genuinely exhausting.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was it the expedition in Hoarfrost? That one was horrible with SnS too, and I'm surprised no controllers or tv broke while playing.
    Spoiler:
    ^expedition monster

If it's the mission after that, I would be sad as I'm looking forward to it.
  • Nina wrote:
    Was it the expedition in Hoarfrost? That one was horrible with SnS too, and I'm surprised no controllers or tv broke while playing.
    Spoiler:
    ^expedition monster

If it's the mission after that, I would be sad as I'm looking forward to it.

It was the expedition, yeah.

Felt better eventually, though, when I did a bit of reading online and saw so many people raging at it. Made me feel better to read so much salt.

Such a troll mission. Hated doing it. Loved reading other people raging about it. :D
  • The mission after is good fun.
  • So I stupidly thought Iceborne was PS4 only for the time being. Grabbed it for £25 last night on PC, woo.
  • Just finished 4* LR village shiz on MHGU. Right back in the mix. Will get on world later in the year, maybe after a pc upgrade.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Tempy wrote:
    So I stupidly thought Iceborne was PS4 only for the time being. Grabbed it for £25 last night on PC, woo.

Nice - enjoy it, it’s a really fantastic expansion.

Makes me wish even more that this game was cross-play. Had 2 fights against seemingly tough opponents with @Nina and we made very, very smooth progress. Would love to have some PC and Xbox folks in there too, if only to show off my leet hammer skills (spoiler: I have one move. Find slope, then spin. Repeat.).

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You're also good at sleep!

Even cross save would have been good for this game, so that I could have jumped around between versions. Wouldn't mind playing on pc as well, but I'm not gonna do the story twice, that's just too much. My game clock hit 400 hours the other day. I currently have a Sword and Shield ready to upgrade in almost every path (there are a couple very late diversions, so I need to make doubles of some. Will figure that out once over gotten one to the end, too reduce confusion of what I'm actually doing).

I should also look up what the new things are in Iceborne. I was sure that when I fought new Anja I saw a move I didn't know about in the hints in the upper right corner. No clue what I did to get there. Might have been the same for the base game, who knows. I just hit triangle a lot and do jumps to try and mount or bash.
  • There’s deffo some new clutch claw moves that you can use after attacks. Will be a big thing for taking on flying enemies, I think, especially for weapons like SnS and Hammer.
  • And 400 hours is some commitment. I just went past 350 recently.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Plodding through when I get time, just using the cheap and easy gear. That zorah magdaros mission early on fair goooooeeesss
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Aye cross-save would have been nice. Working through all the necessary optionals again is a bit ughhh, painful.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Whiffing charge attacks with the hammer then pressing L1 for the clutch claw grapple attack is indeed useful against mobile/airborne mons, extra points if you get a really long grapple for the kill.  Make sure to pick up some decent slinger ammo as well (ie: stuff wot staggers 'em) so you can do charge>slinger burst>release charge for the big bonks.
    Also if you equip the glider mantle and then claw onto the monster, you can drop down with X and go into the glide, meaning you can mount without needing a ledge or slope.  Again good for annoying airborne monsters.
  • Had a run through of that meaty event quest. Still need more mats but I’m now on my way to getting a meat hammer.
  • In terms of MR - you don’t need to have done the campaign. Getting up to that fight is enough. I’ve not completed yet, but I can do that quest.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    Whiffing charge attacks with the hammer then pressing L1 for the clutch claw grapple attack is indeed useful against mobile/airborne mons, extra points if you get a really long grapple for the kill.  Make sure to pick up some decent slinger ammo as well (ie: stuff wot staggers 'em) so you can do charge>slinger burst>release charge for the big bonks. Also if you equip the glider mantle and then claw onto the monster, you can drop down with X and go into the glide, meaning you can mount without needing a ledge or slope.  Again good for annoying airborne monsters.

Some nice insight there, cheers!
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Dubs wrote:
    Whiffing charge attacks with the hammer then pressing L1 for the clutch claw grapple attack is indeed useful against mobile/airborne mons, extra points if you get a really long grapple for the kill.  Make sure to pick up some decent slinger ammo as well (ie: stuff wot staggers 'em) so you can do charge>slinger burst>release charge for the big bonks. Also if you equip the glider mantle and then claw onto the monster, you can drop down with X and go into the glide, meaning you can mount without needing a ledge or slope.  Again good for annoying airborne monsters.

Some nice insight there, cheers!

Aye - Dubs with the good stuff.

A lot of these clutch claw moves are gonna be essential on super high-level stuff, I’d imagine, especially as things like flash pods are much less effective on MR beasts. Can’t reliably drop them anymore so the old flash’n’bash is out the window.
  • Cinty is back on Hunter?! How did I miss this? I’d been thinking of giving it some more time
  • Cinty is back on Hunter?! How did I miss this? I’d been thinking of giving it some more time

Aye bud, been smashing Iceborne with Nina. Was wondering about getting you and the other Aussies back on. But especially you. If you get it, I can guarantee some good game time as I’m still on hols right now.
  • Probably clocked 20+ hours on it in the last week.

Edit: 2nd thought, probably a fair bit more.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    The guys I play with on PC are insane. I just can't keep up with them. 101+ hours the last two weeks. I dunno how they do it with jobs and kids.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!