Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @Liveinadive: I just tried the AMC site and I could watch anything on it so it would appear that Media Hint is working on a lot of stuff.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    @Liveinadive: I just tried the AMC site and I could watch anything on it so it would appear that Media Hint is working on a lot of stuff.

Will check that out.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Yup, the pads aren't compatible with each other.

The XB1 pad uses a new high speed data transfer protocol which the 360 doesn't understand, and the 360 pad gives out a signal the XB1 doesn't recognise.

"Xbox - change pad"

"Xbox?"

(In all seriousness it's a neat idea)
  • Does the Xbox add anything or is it just hdmi through?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It's got the overlaid stuff, Skype, TV guides, fantasy football, etc.
  • n0face wrote:
    Does the Xbox add anything or is it just hdmi through?

You can get invite spammed while watching a film.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I don't think you've thought that through.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    In other news

qqxDa5J.jpg

OHHHHH MYYYYYY GGGGGODDDDDDDDDD
  • That wasn't a serious post btw. It's a nice feature, not hugely useful to me personally as I just use built in freeview on my TV. I suppose I could use it to route my lappy's HDMI through, but I usually want to concentrate when I'm on it. But I can certainly see it's appeal if you have loads of media boxes or summat.
  • What are you Oh My Godding Mod?

Heard during the show that PS said the machine was only 3 times more powerful than a 360.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Look at his T-shirt.

I heard it was 6.4 times as powerful. But Reese in 4C reckons it's more like 9.4.
  • I really enjoyed Crackdown, I think I traded my 360 for the PS3 before the second one came out though.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Look at his T-shirt. I heard it was 6.4 times as powerful. But Reese in 4C reckons it's more like 9.4.

What I said wasn't a dig, but he really needs to check what he's saying when he's presenting.
    Not everyone watching Jimmy Fallon is going to be following him on Twitter looking for his clarification.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Will it do that for anything logged into the hdmi or just the Xbox?

• Crackdown was excellent. Crackdown 2 wasn't.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Look at his T-shirt. I heard it was 6.4 times as powerful. But Reese in 4C reckons it's more like 9.4.
    What I said wasn't a dig, but he really needs to check what he's saying when he's presenting. Not everyone watching Jimmy Fallon is going to be following him on Twitter looking for his clarification.

In your face Phil!

I'm not even sure what the problem is. 3x as powerful might sound a fantastic leap to someone watching Jimmy Fallon.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    What I said wasn't a dig, but he really needs to check what he's saying when he's presenting. Not everyone watching Jimmy Fallon is going to be following him on Twitter looking for his clarification.
    In your face Phil!

I'm not even sure what the problem is. 3x as powerful might sound a fantastic leap to someone watching Jimmy Fallon.

Until someone chatting to him at the watercooler says 'I hear that new fandangled PS4 is 10 times more powerful than a 360.'
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Will it do that for anything logged into the hdmi or just the Xbox?

It'll do it for anything.

You can have the XB1 interface and fancy functions, one of its functions is to display whatever is coming in through the HDMI in. That could be your Sky box, or a 360.
  • Even a PS4? ZOMGCONSOLECEPTION
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    In your face Phil! I'm not even sure what the problem is. 3x as powerful might sound a fantastic leap to someone watching Jimmy Fallon.
      Until someone chatting to him at the watercooler says 'I hear that new fandangled PS4 is 10 times more powerful than a 360.'

Yeah but Rich in Accounting said Xbox One is 17 times as powerful as the PS4.

Seriously, who gives a fuck, stop looking for reasons to have a dig.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    Crackdown was excellent. Crackdown 2 wasn't.

So Crackdown 3 will be excellent again.

Sweeeeet.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    In your face Phil! I'm not even sure what the problem is. 3x as powerful might sound a fantastic leap to someone watching Jimmy Fallon.
    Yeah but Rich in Accounting said Xbox One is 17 times as powerful as the PS4. Seriously, who gives a fuck, stop looking for reasons to have a dig.

You could try not being a prick. Might help. Was just highlighting the fact that it doesn't help the XB1's cause when the box is being misrepresented in the media by the very people meant to promote it.
    Really don't get your problem at times. Kind of picturing you like Kenneth Williams in Carry on Caesar.

Anyway.

In other news:
    Game are to open an Xbox only store in London
  • I saw that Eurogamer story; interesting - signalling a cozying up perhaps.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Kind of picturing you like Kenneth Williams in Carry on Caesar.

Mod baiting is so last week, besides, we all picture you like a guy who posts on a forum under the name of a character from fucking Naruto.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If I didn't know it was a naruto character does that make me COOL AS FUCK?
  • No it does not Reg, no it does not.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Xbox One price defended by Microsoft: "We're over-delivering value"

The Xbox One 'over-delivers value' and provides 'thousands of dollars of entertainment', Microsoft has suggested.

Defending the Xbox One's $499 (£429) price point, Don Mattrick told Bloomberg (via Gamespot) that the cost is lower than some analysts predicted.

"It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick explained.

"We're over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get. Any modern product these days you look at - $499 isn't a ridiculous price point.

"We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they're going to love it when they use it.

"We're really making the living room your centre of fun for your family."

The Xbox One is $100 more expensive than the PS4 in North America and £80 dearer in the UK.

Microsoft has come under fire over the system's daily internet requirements and for its used games policy.

The firm also caused a stir with comments on Twitter, suggesting that users who are banned from Xbox Live will have all of their Xbox One game licences revoked. Microsoft has since stated that the remarks were a "mistake" and apologised for the confusion they caused.

Analysts have since called Microsoft's Xbox One strategy "deeply flawed".

The Xbox One will be available in 21 countries from November.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a490850/xbox-one-price-defended-by-microsoft-were-over-delivering-value.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=dsuk&utm_campaign=twdsuk
  • What Mattrick really wants to say:

Ah c'mon guys, this is still $100 cheaper than a PS3 was at launch! SO UNFAIR.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    No it does not Reg, no it does not.

I tried.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I don't think Mattrick would stoop to referencing a competitors mistakes for cheap PR.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!