Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Just started the final episode...
  • Lock's Quest (DS)
    Nice variation on the tower defense type of game. Some skill required, which makes battles more tense and fun. Nice 2D animation. A couple of difficulty spikes, but nothing extreme. The plot is not too bad and has some nice twists.
    8/10
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Right, done with Life is Strange (PC).

As per what others have said, Episode 5 is an odd one.  Lots of goodness before that, but it ended up outstaying it's welcome.  Lots of love though: soundtrack, general premise, strong female lead x 2, etc.  Stealthy sections though?  Fuck off.  All good a bit silly.  Kinda wished it just ended at the end of E4.

In terms of the very ending...
    Spoiler:

I think it's #6 on my GOTY list, so not getting any points. An honourable mention though. Solid [7] butters for a fly, but feels like it could have been a [9] without too many changes.
  • Yeah, I did the other thing. :)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    So yar Undertale.
    The game I think has three separate endings, depending on whether you decide to be friends with everyone and win battles by having a chinwag or doing a genocide playthrough which is self-explanatory. There's one in between the two but apparently it's a bit dull if you don't go one extreme.

I decided to go for a pacifism run early on because the game does such a handy job of making you feel a shitbag for killing most monsters. Some have major anxiety issues, some are victims of bullying, some are steroid heads who are easy to tempt into a flexing contest instead of killing them while others just need you to hum along to their singing. It goes hand in hand with the simple but consistent portrayal of the monster's culture being trapped underground for ages. I've no idea how long my genocidal run is going to last with this in mind as apparently the world reacts to you essentially being the angel of death.

Combat even if you decide to be a softie is basically a shmup. With you having to avoid attacks just as if you were playing Ikaruga. The fact attacks are always unique depending on the monster is great and lends just as much character to them as much as lines of dialogue.

Bit of a weak ending imo that red herrings itself one too many times but it's satisfying and doesn't particularly ruin anything. Also music is buff throughout. If you're going to buy you may as well get the soundtrack pack.

[8] latest?cb=20151202211124  out of afa8ac181cee52115efb4d7bbfb85c78.gif
  • Erm spoilers? FFS BOLLO EVEEY FUCKING TIME
  • I didn't read your post btw incase there was spoilers.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Classic bollo
  • Bollo thinks i chat to him on steam but really I get an intermediary to read his messages and i dictate my responses back, for fear of the spoil
  • Classic Hulka Tempy Bollo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Classic Hulka Tempy Bollo.

Classic forum
  • Limbo. On my got to finish list. Super late to the party but it is brilliant. Mopped up all the achievements aside from finish in one sitting with 5 deaths or less. Think I'll leave that for now and maybe attempt one lazy afternoon.
  • Bloodborne Old Hunters:

More gothic Wunderbar-ness. With my NG char I'd give it an 8.5. Majestic, if it ended slightly abruptly.

On my NG+++ char it was so frustrating to complete (at points) that I'd mark it down a bit, but that may be more telling of my own limits, rather than poorly judged difficulty-scaling.
  • Finished FFVII, for the third time ever, the first time in about 12-14 years. Going back as an adult makes it easy to see the issues with it that were hard to see as a kid. I understand why people like VIII more, it was translated more than incompetently for example, but the main story is so fatalistic and full of uncertainty that I was quite surprised. Can't think of too many 'save the world games' that end with the characters having no idea if their plan will even work, and them being told to abandon the pretence of 'saving the world' to instead focus on personal, selfish motivation. Even the ending is suspect (later cleared up by Advent Children) as you don't get to see anyone's fate other than Red XIII and the grassy wreck of Midgar. I found its downbeat but pragmatic nature quite endearing, the goofy humour less so. As ever, the star of the show is the music. Those midi compositions are so evocative, so perfectly pitched, that I am dreading the remake - no amount of HD fussiness or detail will improve on them - as evinced by Advent Children arrangements. I wrote about how much the soundtrack resonates with the themes and moods of the game, here, if you so fancy a short read.
  • Cool stuff I might give that piece of yours a read on the way home. I'm a hue fan of the OST and have that big limited edition of the soundtrack.

One Winged Angel, Main Theme, and Aeris Theme are my faves. Tifa theme is great too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You guys should get on that theatrhythm
  • Did the first one, was fun
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well I'll just FUCK OFF then
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yer Da was asking where the ff14 songs were
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Better late than never! Pretty stonking stuff. My only two grips are: 1) it's a bit short. I started up my last save and went straight into the final boss, not realising I was that close. The post-credits stats screen told me I had 10 1/2 hours on the clock. 2) There's no Medium difficulty. Easy has you start with infinite ribbons, three first aid sprays, and a huge arsenal that'd make the US Army blush. On Hard you have a pea shooter and three ribbons. Something in between would have been nice. I chose Easy to avoid frustration and ended up with over 100 grenade rounds before the credits rolled. I never touched the original three first aid sprays and never used the magnum. There's easy and there's a cake walk.

I may also reload my last save and have another go at the final boss.
    Spoiler:

This just leaves Resident Evil 6 and I'll have done all the main sequence Resi games.

[8] shuffling zombies out of [10] bio-weapons gone wrong.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • If I remember correctly, if you "defeat" nemesis after each encounter he drops weapon parts.
    Collect them al to assemble a new beefy weapon. I think it was a desert falcon?

Make sure to bring the grenade launcher to every nemesis encounter otherwise you'll have a bad time.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Make sure to bring the grenade launcher to every nemesis encounter otherwise you'll have a bad time.

I did the one prior to the final confrontation with nothing more than a shotgun. :D
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I played RE3 more than any of the others, even though it's probably not as good as 2 in that original series. Just got into repeated playthroughs and trying to do it quicker and with fewer saves.

I did it with 1 save in the end (around the middle where you're first forced to fight Nemesis) - although I should've just gone for it - and knew the game inside out by that point.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I reckon I could have a damn good shot at a Nemesis speed run, it's so short.
  • I'd like to see a Resident Evil game where the boss's weak spot was it's testicles.

steel toecaps ftw

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Chris would punch them
  • FIST.
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!