The British Politics Thread
  • Rishi arriving at the 1922 office on Monday.
    Goodfellas_-_Tommy_Gets_Whacked.jpg
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not their best work, but not bad guys.

• Oh I like that :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Rishi arriving at the 1922 office on Monday. Goodfellas_-_Tommy_Gets_Whacked.jpg

Amazing
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Depressing result for Solihull. Seems the attempt at tactical voting didn't make a difference, with Greens (the tactical vote) actually losing 2 councillors and Lib Dems eating their lunch. I'm surrounded by cunts.
  • Absolutely smashing it now, broken through the 300 barrier.
  • Labour took the PCC role here in Bedfordshire.
    I voted for the Lib Dem guy as we had a long conversation and he shared the same priorities as me.
    Still, at least it's not a Tory cunt.

Festus, the Tory PCC left his role to try and get elected as the MP for Central Bedfordshire. He lost to Labour.
    He then tried to get reelected to PCC and lost THAT to Labour.

Haha. Fuck you Festus
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I think the Tory candidate retained the police commissioner role for Devon and Cornwall.

That worries me for the GE now.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I voted Lib Dem for PCC when I was in Bedfordshire, dunno if it's the same guy. He seemed to actually understand the issues.

Glad the Tory bloke was hoofed out, had him marked as a careerist from the off.
  • Thats your Greens hitting 100 seats.

Bigger news though is that Reform have taken 1 (one) seat.
  • Were Reform gunning for many?
  • Labour have managed to take the seat for Mayor in North Yorkshire which is a fairly big deal, given this is Rishi’s patch. (And is partly so because it was considered about as safe a Tory seat as you can have. Farmers traditionally vote Conservative…)

The new Mayor himself is deeply uninspiring, but here’s hoping he’s better than his flyers made him sound. (His Conservative opposition was a Grade A prick, even by Tory standards, so I’m delighted to see him lose…)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Rev wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Sunak's speech with Houchen was hilarious. All cheers as he congratulated Houchen, fair enough the guy won after all. Then Sunak says Labour were relying on winning this one to have a hope of winning the GE. Then says he knows the people will stick with the Tories. The crowd go silent while he's running full David Brent energy. Of course he has to be positive, has to big up his own party but he looked like a swivel eyed loon. Totally delusional. The really scary thing is I think he believes it.
    I've seen commentary that because he's never had to deal with not getting his own way and not having to actually worry about anything, that's he's built this belief that he's never wrong as everything works out for him. Even in the face of him being ridiculously wrong, he thinks he's doing the right thing and that other people are mistaken. Which is why under all the evidence that the Rwanda deal is unworkable he doesn't listen and ploughs ahead. It's one of the reason's you aren't going to see any regret from him once this is all over. He's a textbook privilege rich boy sociopath, who'll end up on the board of several companies once he fucks off to the US. He genuinely believes like Johnson that none of these failures will be his fault.

I've experienced these types of utterly self assured individuals numerous times in my work. They are infuriating to work with.
  • Likewise.
    Half of the organisations I have to audit and approve are managed by those very people.
    And it seems like when I say no, it's the first time anyones ever said it to them judging by the amount of tantrums I get
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • London Mayor turnout is somehow incredibly low 100% handing the election to Hall and statistically just 1.5% lower than last time.

There are a lot of people desperate for Khan to lose it seems.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gotta feel sorry for London badgers if that daft twat gets in.
  • She would be Truss levels of bad.
  • It could be interesting having an apparently global city like London led by an unhinged racist dinner lady
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    BBC reporting on this is absolutely shameless in that Tees is getting a mention in every major headline
  • The twitter kuenssberg gurning memes are excellent despite my discomfort at the shit she gets
  • I had BBC news on for 5 minutes this morning and had to change to Sky.

Their bending over backwards to make today a Labour disaster was insufferable.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    The twitter kuenssberg gurning memes are excellent despite my discomfort at the shit she gets

But she deserves it. She’s gone way beyond just a Boris groupie to a full on Tory shill.

• Yeah she is just the worst. I Remember an interview she did with Rishi before he was PM about how great he was and how much potential he had. Fucking lunacy.
  • Sunak is deluded.
    Thursday’s results showed that voters are frustrated and wondering why they should vote. The fact Labour is not winning in places that they admit themselves they need for a majority, shows that Keir Starmer’s lack of plan and vision is hurting them.

We Conservatives have everything to fight for – and we will because we are fighting for our values and our country’s future.
  • He doesn't give a fuck. He's set the family up with some tasty Infosys deals then he'll fuck off to the US and end up as an executive somewhere.

And then one day, I'll pitch the little cunt off the top of a roof..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Within 27 seconds
  • John Curtice

"There is nothing in these results to suggest contrary to the opinion polls that the Conservatives are actually beginning to narrow the gap on Labour, and that so far at least, Rishi Sunak’s project which has tried to recover from the disaster – from the Conservatives’ point of view – of the Liz Truss fiscal event, that project has still got very little to show for it. That in a sense is the big takeaway.

Now the Conservatives, as when all parties do badly in elections, they always want you to focus on the exception rather than the rule, and Tees Valley and probably the West Midlands are the exceptions not the rule"
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Within 27 seconds
    exactly.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • These London borough results aren't following the narrative. Oh No!

3 declared. Khan comfortably won two improving his vote count and gap between the Tories when compared to the first ballot choices last time.
    The third was closer but he lost it to Shaun Bailey last time, so close but still a win, still improved his vote count while reversing the gap.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!