Plastic Instruments
  • Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • X
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Okay HOPOs deffo need patching in GHL. A quick google shows many people calling for the same. Power up notes are blue, HOPOs are blue, when in PU mode all notes are blue. Kinda makes thing tricky.

The google also took me to a few *shudder* GH forums. So much salt.

"I've played EVERY gh since the START. I play EXPERT. I got this and it's confusing as FUCK, I can't play EXPERT it fucking SUCKS. I don't want to relearn this shit"

"Why is there Hillary Duff on this POS? 99% of gh fans like METAL and don't want to play FUCKING GAY SHIT"

hah.

The first one in particular - wtf did these people expect? That they can pick up an entirely new control system and go straight onto top tier expert? Children.
  • Feel free to use this:

8f6f64454a6b933331962c2e4d647766.jpg
  • I have Miley Cyrus on Rock Band. I'm open to Hillary Duff.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I favour click over sponge, always.

We just can't seem to agree on anything :(

I am 100% a clickboy

The fgc approves of these sentiments.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Giving RB 4 a decent thrash and it's all coming back to me.  Software is a bit boned still, connectivity issues when accessing the and calibration issues, but seems to have settled.  Want more Interpol and disappointed that More Than a Feeling is only available via a $13 pack.

@Shabby can I borrow your mic?  I seem to have lost mine, unless it's you what has it.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    Giving RB 4 a decent thrash and it's all coming back to me.  Software is a bit boned still, connectivity issues when accessing the and calibration issues, but seems to have settled.  Want more Interpol and disappointed that More Than a Feeling is only available via a $13 pack.

@Shabby can I borrow your mic?  I seem to have lost mine, unless it's you what has it.

All songs are available as single tracks.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Really?  The only song I see available under Boston is the pack.  Enlighten me.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Thanks hanks.  Found it on the PSN store via a browser, not in the in-game store, oddly.
  • Ah, you PS4? Not seen how the store works on that.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Not very well.
  • Shit’s all falling into place now - no chords themselves providing problems anymore; changing between them fluently can, them tricky barre+single chords, but in general ain't no chords no phasing no mo.

Getting there on the solos too now, confidently dancing fingers around on harder advanced and easier expert solos. Face melters still out of bounds currently.

Enjoying muchly. Good to have the satisfaction of a new rhythm game controller. Those moments of zen when fingers do without being asked.

New channel added to GHTV too but fuck doing TTF&F currently, hah.
  • I had a rival thing today. Pooped my pants. Pressure was ON.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Ah is that back? I heard it was disabled due to stability issues. Are you ps4? What's the deal, how to access etc?
  • Also this is the second day in row I've had Handlebars stuck in my head.
  • Im XB1. 

The rivals thing just spontaneously pops up. 
    I think it's triggered when someone else is at the time playing the same song as you and i think they score historically on that song similar to you. 

It's quite funny that Flobots song. 

Luke Bryan is my guilty pleasure at the moment, that and Centipede.
  • Hah, yeah he's that redneck style tune about having a pickup and giving the girls a good time innit. Tends to stay in my head longer than it has any right to.
  • Treat the girl to a Catfish dinner. Works every time.
  • Rock Band 4 with guitar for £60.00 or Guitar Hero Live with guitar for £45.00? Any recommendations? I haven't played Guitar Hero since PS2 days and I haven't played Rock Band since Beatles on 360.
  • Depends what you're after I think.

If you want more of the same, good music game you enjoyed back then, probably RB.

If you want a similar but different feeling, good music game, probably GH.

If you plan on playing with friends, probably RB.

If you plan to challenge yourself solo, probably GH.

I'm really enjoying the new challenge of GH. It's great having that rhythm game discovery again, fingers slowly doing what they need to automatically. I tend to like rhythm games a lot though so the new challenge really appealed. I don't think I'd have bought either if it weren't for a new controller layout.

(I went GH).

Oh, and RB has the larger music catalogue.

Watch some vids of both and see what you think.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Rock Band 4 with guitar for £60.00

Where? The Guitar is £70 on its own.

I'd say Rock Band, but then I would.

Just downloaded all my old tracks, then cried at how much I'm planning to spend.
  • Ok, having now played it, to say RB4 is just more of the same is bollocks. New solos are gamechangers.

It's evolution, rather than revolution, but definitely not just more of the same.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Agreed.  I'm feelin' this RB Mkre than any previous and can manage a few 3 dot songs on expert which I never could before.  New controller helps.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Where? The Guitar is £70 on its own. I'd say Rock Band, but then I would. Just downloaded all my old tracks, then cried at how much I'm planning to spend.

Erm.....Game.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Where? The Guitar is £70 on its own. I'd say Rock Band, but then I would. Just downloaded all my old tracks, then cried at how much I'm planning to spend.

Erm.....Game.

Haha

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I got GH with guitar from Smyths toys for £35 I think.
    I think ive also seen Rb cheaper than £60 but not with guitar - with the legacy controller.

I get that RB has new solos added to it but you dont know how different GH is until you play it now.
    It's the same old rhythm game like RB but its so very, very different at the same time.
    So glad I bought it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!