NieR Automata - New game from PlatinumGames
  • Yeah I really liked it. The moment to moment action never got boring and the writing made me look forward to finishing each mission. Hence why I played for 6 hours today.... Didn't mean to.

Played through the opening of run 2 as well. Me likey.

I also managed to get the
    Spoiler:
  • Argh, how good is this game!!

One of those things that made you wish as much love went into all other games. For me its just all the little details of how everything is playing out.
  • One of the metacritic reviews:

Put simply, NieR: Automata is the greatest game ever made. It’s not just that it is the deepest and most narratively potent game ever developed - and it is a truly deep narrative experience - but more than that, Yoko Taro has finally found perhaps the developer on the planet capable of doing his visionary work justice. This game is a true, genuine work of art, and anyone who wants to prove that gaming does possess an equivalent to the greatest novels, operas, theatre plays, or paintings, now has that very game to point to. Yoko Taro is gaming’s Shakespeare, Da Vinci, and Welles, all rolled into one.

Now I doubt I'll feel quite the same as that, but even so the fact that somebody out there does is a very good sign.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Argh, how good is this game!!

One of those things that made you wish as much love went into all other games. For me its just all the little details of how everything is playing out.

Yup! So glad you're loving it. :D
    JRPC wrote:
    One of the metacritic reviews:

Put simply, NieR: Automata is the greatest game ever made. It’s not just that it is the deepest and most narratively potent game ever developed - and it is a truly deep narrative experience - but more than that, Yoko Taro has finally found perhaps the developer on the planet capable of doing his visionary work justice. This game is a true, genuine work of art, and anyone who wants to prove that gaming does possess an equivalent to the greatest novels, operas, theatre plays, or paintings, now has that very game to point to. Yoko Taro is gaming’s Shakespeare, Da Vinci, and Welles, all rolled into one.

Now I doubt I'll feel quite the same as that, but even so the fact that somebody out there does is a very good sign.

I think, given that you're going for the gameplay, you'll like it a lot but, yeah, maybe not as much as above.

As a P* game it's very, very good. But the Nier side makes it magic. If you want pure platinum you're better off with Bayo.

• I also managed to get the
    Spoiler:

I'm not sure but I've seen...
    Spoiler:

• My order is being packed. Excellent.

I've only just started Zelda and I haven't finished Yakuza Zero yet.

• I also managed to get the
    Spoiler:

I'm not sure but I've seen...
    Spoiler:

Yikes I think after this playthrough I'll start playing around a little bit with that.
  • I'm guessing
    Spoiler:
  • no place for hideo?
  • I'm guessing
    Spoiler:

I don't think so because...
    Spoiler:
  • Oh okay, for some reason I thought it was the same. Me and my bad memory
  • I just did a search to see how many endings there were. My word...

If you want a number:
    Spoiler:
  • Are any of them as good as the SH2 dog ending
  • Tempy wrote:
    Are any of them as good as the SH2 dog ending

There some good 'uns but one of them is especially, especially incredible.
  • A damning indictment of the state of modern games if ever I saw one!

Edit *furiously* FUCKING CINTY
  • And wowzer Child. I think I'll be YouTube-ing most of those later.
  • *sexually* fucking cinty
  • Nothing will ever be that good

Just you wait.
    And wowzer Child. I think I'll be YouTube-ing most of those later.

I might do the same. But hold off for now.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    It's now preordered. Have no idea when I'll actually have time to indulge but what the hell. At least I got a "static forest theme" to stare at in the meantime.

Edit: Oh. It plays beautiful music as well.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • I wish more dynamic themes were dynamic. Too many seem to be still image with music. The Rez one is the most dynamic I've seen.
  • Boughted. Steelbook edition with gorgeous art.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Boughted. Steelbook edition with gorgeous art.

:D
  • For those of you allergic to Solanum, I wouldn't recommend going Nier Automata.
  • Nice. Enjoy it, Crayon.
  • 3GB patch, wtf?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've got this now. Doubt I'll get a chance for anything more than a few hours over the weekend though.
  • This is next on the list after Zelda. By the time BOTW is fin, should be able to get this for around the 20 sheet mark I hope.

Saying that tho, if I don't start making some serious progress with Z, it will probably be free on plus by the time I'm done.....
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    3GB patch, wtf?!

It's already had a handful of updates - there were a few nasty day 1 bugs but that's all sorted now. I suffered, so you could enjoy it. You're welcome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!