REAL hobbies, not virtual ones........
  • Wait, does he spin the wheels with so much force the friction causes the tyres to over inflate!?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I think that's the centrifugal force on the tire, as they go back to the same shape when the wheels stop turning.
  • They're not inflating, there's no air in them, just a foam ring insert to stop them squishing in too much. They are just stretching from the centrifugal force of being spun at 60mph. You can reduce this effect by taking the tyres off, turning them inside out and running a strip of thick duck tape inside the tyre. This stops the rubber stretching and keeps them from turning into 8" pizza cutters when you floor it. It really is amazing how much POWA brushless motors and lipos can produce.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I'm enjoying the RC car chat! I was into them when I was younger and went through a few models that I built from kits, starting off with a Kyosho Hi-Rider Corvette monster truck followed by a Mardave Mini-Stock flat-track racer. I picked up a second-hand Mardave Meteor which I started racing at a local buggy club, before upgrading to the Schumacher Cougar II which I raced fairly successfully for a few years before it suffered a terminal speed controller meltdown that co-incided handily with the run-up to my A-level exams. I also had a Schumacher Nitro 10 racing truck, but mostly just had problems with the engine with it, although it was fun when it worked :-D
  • I remember all those cars, blimey, I haven't heard the words Mardave Meteor in a looooong time!
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I remember all those cars, blimey, I haven't heard the words Mardave Meteor in a looooong time!

its handling wasn't great, but it was very quick in a straight line and jumped a fair distance :-D
  • coincidentally (as no one on the mk forum has ever mentioned RC cars before in over ten years) someone created this the other day -

Made me chuckle and is watchable for a few mins
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I went to archery at the weekend and actually shot quite well.
    Not great but got a few 3 arrow 1 inch groups, which is always a sign of doing something right, I don't hate it completely right now, I might in another week.

Anyway another hobby has crept in to my schedule but it is more of a hobby for the missus and not me.
    Rock climbing. Indoor wall stuff, but yeh the ropes and belaying etc... good fun but I am awful at it as I am a bit big, not fat just big, everyone else is razor thin and wiry and they scurry up the walls.
    I had a go last week and I was pathetic but I am happy to watch and belay (the safety guy), but it is easy to lose concentration when on the ground because, this is no word of a lie, there was not a single over weight woman in the place and there where about 30-40 of them, the tight ass on display was mesmerising.
    If you are single get yourself to a rock climbing centre, they are literally draped in ladies.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • With a bit of practice you can belay just from feeling the tension in the rope, then you are free to ogle all the harness bound bums while your misses concentrates on the wall.
  • Paid a visit to my archery clubs new ground last night. It's a bit of a dump. There's a bar though, so it's not all bad. 

Contrary to what you may think, alcohol and archery go perfectly together.
  • Up to a point, perhaps, beyond which they most definitely don't.
  • True enough. I know someone who shot himself in the hand while drunk. Longbow archer, naturally.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!