REAL hobbies, not virtual ones........
  • Sometimes luck happens.  Fuck me you do talk some shit.
  • Yes, sometimes luck happens.  Sometimes also taking a break helps.  Both are perfectly legitimate reasons why performance may have improved.
  • You are both right. A couple of lucky arrows make a difference but not 34 points.
    Sometimes when you take break you forget some bad habits that crept in to your shooting.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yup, I've seen this more than once. Was hoping it'd happen for me when I had a break to do some Longbow shooting, but nope.

34 points is a massive increase for a Portsmouth. Congrats to Missus pantyfire. I've been chasing my Portsmouth score for three years, I can get to within a point or two, but that's it.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Archery - be warned. It makes no sense. Missus pantyfire hasn't shot for about 2 months. She went to the club thursday night and blew her Portsmouth (type of target and comp) personal best out of the water by about 34 points.
    Sometimes a break helps to clear out the psychophysical detritus.

I find this with golf.   In other RC related news I think i might get one of AR Drones that you control with you iPad, they look like fun.

• Oh man.... this little RC car with lipo batteries is comically, absurdly fast. It's been fully waterproofed so took it out on tarmac in the rain just now with treaded road tyres and it fucking screamed around, doing 20 foot powerslides. My god I've missed RC!!!! Next stop BMX track!

photoon20120610at20035.jpg
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • I made a cardboard and duck-tape phone holder for my Galaxy SII and stuck it on the wing on my Mini 8 and made a lil video :D

Youtube video quality is awful, the original is really crisp but was 44meg and I aint hosting that.

"Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Great stuff, also quite impressed your phone survived that.
  • The cardboard case I made is really effective.

img6264a.jpg
    img6267oy.jpg
    img6268c.jpg
  • No wonder the front kept lifting. I thought your car was shit.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Loving the car turtle, more vids please.
  • I'm going on holiday for a week as of Friday, but will be making more vids at the BMX track when I get back. Fuck knows how it's gonna handle jumps with that thing on the wing, but I guess we'll find out. Also got a 3 cell lipo on order to make it even faster :P
  • MD80 mini dv camera I had one for bottle rockets and they're pretty good for a tenner.

The onboard footage uses one.

Pay day on Friday and I can feel a scourge coming on.
  • Sweet! £10 well spent and I dont have the risk wrecking my £300 phone!!
  • Why is your car black, needs more stickers.
  • If any of my fellow DJing forumites are interested in giving Ableton a go Dubspot are giving access to their course away free until the end of June. I've just done the first module which was really clear and concise, some of it was a bit over explained for myself but would be essential for people who haven't DJed before. Ableton 30 30 course
    It's a doddle. Set default warping to complex, make the first hit 1. Check 5, 17 and so on, make sure the markers 'on' after any breaks... save. Track warped. I don't bother any more, I just do it 'on the fly' in about 6 secs.

Cheers man, really enjoying Ableton at the mo
  • n0face wrote:
    Why is your car black, needs more stickers.

I like plain bodies. I was thinking of getting a generic decal sheet of motorsport logos off ebay, I dunno. Probably gonna get another clear shell and spray it neon pink :P
  • I've also cut some air vents in the shell, cause the esc was getting kinda hot doing endless speed runs.
  • Some ESCs come with fans now. Fans! Certainly has all come a long way; I've enjoyed reading up on how things have advanced and am kind of tempted to get something just to fanny around with in the back garden to see if I'd still enjoy it.
  • Try this?

Or one of these lil buggers. You can use them indoors, they are really well made and they come up on ebay regularly too.

Neither have brushless motors though :( But the Bandit will still do 35mph.
  • If any of my fellow DJing forumites are interested in giving Ableton a go Dubspot are giving access to their course away free until the end of June. I've just done the first module which was really clear and concise, some of it was a bit over explained for myself but would be essential for people who haven't DJed before. Ableton 30 30 course
    It's a doddle. Set default warping to complex, make the first hit 1. Check 5, 17 and so on, make sure the markers 'on' after any breaks... save. Track warped. I don't bother any more, I just do it 'on the fly' in about 6 secs.

Cheers man, really enjoying Ableton at the mo

Put a Saturator and a Limiter on the send for each channel for a loudness boost without clipping (getting in the red). Ableton can seem quite low compared to a DJ mixer or Traktor. Also, avoid Ableton's native effects for DJing with, you can spot the flanger a mile away.
  • All good stuff.
    Only touched on sends so far. Mainly been doing drum rack stuff, patterns and the like. It is much tidier and more immediate than Logic.
  • For producing it's much less faff than Logic, it's just a different way of working and it can seem like a pile of shit at times, but the methods for getting the maximum use from Ableton make a lot of sense. It's a great tool, as you can play an arrangement live into it, then go back and edit your work, so you're not sitting there for hours copying and pasting. It really is so much quicker, it's just less methodical, but requires a rethink if you're in the Logic or Cubase 'way of thinking'.
  • Yeah it seems a lot less A to B than Logic. more make A B C and D then mix it up. 
    In a way it is more free. I like how the filter and effects are just drag and drop rather than busing and all that shit.

Do you have any good places for intermediate level tutorials? Think I know my way round the software enough now to begin to experiment.
  • Sonic Academy in Belfast are the best. Much more direct and more clued up than Dubspot.

• Turtle, your car sounds like an enraged demonic boar.  It's awesome.
  • Nice, cheers. Gonna stick through this dubspot thing as its teaching me the basics well, if a little ott at times, didnt really need 5 minutes on what low end is.

Will get on sonic academy next week sometime I reckon.
  • more RC stuff please!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Just ran it at the local BMX pump track. Pump tracks are really tightly spaced (cause they're for pumping not jumping) so the 2s lipos were a bit much. I could only ride them smoothly on about 1/4 throttle. I clered a double a couple of times but it was messy. Still, next to the pump track is an aaaawesome wide dusty area for doing donuts on and speed runs :) 

I shot some vids, just need to edit them now.
  • "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!