REAL hobbies, not virtual ones........
  • You get much the same effect puttin tobasco on a cats arse
  • Wow!!! My order is in.
  • Sick!

I got this charger by the way, it does a 2200mah 2s lipo in 70 mins. The charger that comes with the kit will take about 6 hours on the battery included in the kit.  Also, you really should do the simple battery tray/tab mod (cut off a small bit of plastic) so you can fit larger battery packs in. if you do get some 2s or 3s lipos, make sure the battery dimensions don't exceed 101 x 35 x 17mm or it won't fit. I'd go for a 2200mah 2s (any larger than 2200mah won't fit) I'm looking at this for a 3s, although I've done a second mod to allow higher packs in up to 101 x 35 x 23 :P

Have fun!

I also have these upgrades:

hi tec 225 servo £17.50

Kimbro servo saver £6

T-Bone Skid plate £8.26

Front bumper £7.65

Shock cap £5

Shock ends Traxxass £5

Diff Shim £5
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Dude, don't start tempting me with more mods already. It's been 20 years since I last had a go on a rc car and by the look of yours it may take some time to tame it. Battery mod for now and I'll see where I end up.
  • Batteries ordered, will sort the charger in the morning.
  • The charger comes with "deans" connectors. My batteries have "EC2" connectors, so I bought some extra EC2 connectors and chopped off the deans ones from the charger cables and soldered the EC2 ones on. Common thing to do, as there are 3-4 different standards for battery connections, annoyingly.

If you only get one mod, I'd recommend the T-bone front bumper. Life saver. I'll also pm you another little tip that will help.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Right, charger and front bumper ordered. I've been reading about the servo issue so think that'll probably be next on the list. Please pm away with any advice or mod tips. My misses is going to shit a brick when this all turns up.
  • ahaha, you can always sell it!

Will pm you now with a pic of the mod you need to do to protect the front shock caps.
  • Another video

Good Lordy Moses that thing is fast.
  • It's gonna be even faster with the 3s lipo battery :D

Here's a fast RC car...

• Within 30 seconds of unleashing my new toy.
    20120615_131838.jpg
    20120615_133946.jpg
  • Oops, there goes your NCB ;(
  • Oooooooooh dear!  you can fix that with super glue!

What happened, hit a parked car or curb?
  • Full speed drift into a curb. I really should learn a little restraint! I'll attempt a temporary fix and order a new set of suspension brackets, they're only £3.50. What's the deal with servo savers might jjust take a punt on a new servo if I'm goingto pay delivery any way.
  • Im off on holiday for a week now so can't be of much help but i have a beefier servo installed with a chunky servo saver on.

was the 30 seconds a fun 30 seconds?
  • Oh and the T bone bumper would have stopped your breakage. order one!!
  • Brushless Lunchbox cuteness:

• Dropped the AR drone and went for these two little fellas.  Excellent fun albeit that I crashed the big one and now need to fix bits. 

And the little fella...

• hi, i want something small and light but its not really practical when 2/3rds of my garden is grass. If I go for a monster truck type thing what are these like?
    http://www.modelzone.co.uk/radio-control-rc/rc-cars-and-trucks/off-road/tamiya-midnight-pumpkin-radio-control-car-model-kit.html
    http://www.modelzone.co.uk/radio-control-rc/rc-cars-and-trucks/off-road/truggy-2-4gz-w-battery-and-charger.html

they're about my price range.. unless you honestly think they're shit at that price and Its worth spending a bit more.

i only picked that retailer because its near me but if you have better alternatives let me know please!!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I don't know about the second one but the Midnight Pumpkin uses the same chassis as the Lunchbox so is more meant for fun than crawling; very bouncy suspension/tyres and a high centre of gravity has it wheelie-ing and bouncing around and is generally cute as hell but maybe not what you'd want from a monster truck.
  • I need something which will handle lawn grass ideally.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Fixed my mini 8ight and put lipos in it today. It absolutely flies, I'm going to have to find a bigger space to practice.
  • n0face help me!!!
  • I can't, I know nothing about rc. I only bought the mini 8ight because turtle told me to. It's a steep learning curve I'll tell you that much.
  • ahh ok turts.. halp!
  • mk64 wrote:
    ahh ok turts.. halp!

Think turtle is on holiday...
  • awww maaaaan

anyone else in the know about this stuff? Looks like a great summer toy
  • Tarmac over your lawn.
  • So, after repairing, or so I thought, my mini 8ight I took it out for another spin only to have a back ball cup come off and the rear t bone drive shaft to come out. I reassembled it and gave it a spin and there was a horrendous crunching noise. After all the hassle I was feeling a little pissed off by this supposed ruff and ready car that keeps breaking, so I drove the 35 minutes to Cannock where the shop who I bought it from is. After showing the car to an assistant they informed me in my initial crash i'd not only broken the front suspension mount but also bent the rear drive shaft stripped the thread of one ball cup and cracked another. I bought a new hitec servo and servo saver and Tbone front bumper and with replacement parts ordered and installed I'm ready to go. However I can't get the fucking thing to go in a straight line messing with the trim and tweaking it always pulls one way or the other and I cant figure out how to fix it. Soon i'll be able to enjoy my new toy!
  • Oh Lord, sounds like you got rather unlucky on that initial crash. I've run mine about 25 times now and had some spectacular cartwheels at 30mph down the road and then slamming into a fence/car/curb and nothing has snapped, the ballcups just pop off and the dog bone falls out a bit.

I have the hi tec servo and haven't had any tracking problems at all, I occasionally adjust the steering trim on the controller but it seems fine. One thing you may have done is severely over-tightened one or two wheels, meaning that the wheel can't spin freely in the hub, thus making the diff spin when you floor it and more power goes to the free spinning wheel and it veers wildly off course. There's so much power on lipos that the diff will spin if there is a difference in traction or friction between the wheels. The diffs have thick grease in to stop it spinning madly all the time, but over tightening one wheel will do it.

I bought two 3s lipos last week, but shorted them both out when soldering on new connectors the day I got them thus destroying them. £20 down the pan! I have two of these in the post now. Can't wait to run it on Insane-o-speeds but I'm guaranteed to snap something now...

I'm also painting up a new body shell, but 15 coats of spray paint takes aaaaages. Pics will follow when it's done.

The T-Bone font bumper is a life saver, as are the cable ties on the front shock towers. I've bent my front and rear shock towers about 5 times actually, but just remove the shocks and bend them back with pliers. I'm not gonna buy carbon fibre shock towers, as they snap, they dont bend. 

I hope you get some trouble free running with it soon, I'm totally addicted to mine and run a couple of packs through it every day if I can. The woman up the road came out and basically told me to fuck off somewhere else today cause the noise is driving her mad. I think she wondered why a staggeringly attractive (and lean) 30 something was playing with a childs toy in the street every day :(

Upgrades can go on forever with the mini 8, RC cars can get expensive! Check out what this guy has done to his.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!