REAL hobbies, not virtual ones........
  • You said "arvo"!!! Neighbours wasn't a lie!!! 

Throw a chook sanger on the barbie you dag!

heh. Neighbours is 100% accurate. trufax.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Stormy speaks wise words.
    When you have to, you buy the bestest most expensive riser you can (the handle bit) BUT don't spend big on the limbs, as it is very likely that you will be upgrading those to more powerful ones very quickly, as your strength increases. For instance on my beginners course I was pulling a 32lb bow (the limbs where 32lbs at my maximum draw length), then when I bought my kit I got really cheap limbs that where about 36lbs, (for about £60) as you get stronger you dump the cheap limbs, usually onto someone else that is beginning and upgrade to your ideal limb weight, which for me is around 40lbs, that's when you buy big. Limbs that are carbon fibre/carbon foam, fast, spanking graphics all over them and sometimes rather beautiful in their own right.

@Stormy
    Does anyone in your club have Border limbs?
    A couple of guys have bought them in mine and they are incredible, they have a huge recurve on the end and go off like gun shots. Cost an arm and a leg though.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • When I first joined the club there was a guy shooting Border limbs, he swore by them. Since he left a couple of years ago I've only ever seen the odd person at competitions using them.

I've always liked the look of them, and they've got a great reputation, but my local archery store (Bowsports) doesn't stock them and I won't buy anything without trying it first.

Not that that's foolproof. My current bow's a right bastard to shoot.
  • Do you only shoot at targets or do you get to do some robin hood style moves?
  • Just targets.
    But we did shoot at a beach ball that wondered across the field one night.

There are some odd competitions, Longbows can do field archery where you wander through the woods on a pre-set course and when you see a blue flag (or whatever) on the ground you have to put a certain foot touching it and then find the actually target which might be up a tree or behind a log, partially obscured, or something, and you have to try and hit it from standing with at least one foot touching the flag. So they often contort to try and get the shot off. If they miss they usually take a swig from a hip flask and move on to the next one. Longbow archery is mostly an excuse to get pissed.
  • Now that sounds like a day out I'd enjoy.
  • A crowd of people wandering around in the woods shooting at stuff with potentially lethal weapons, whilst getting steadily inebriated... nope, can't see that going spectacularly awry.
  • I drank for 12 hours straight once then found the keys to my friend's dad's gun cupboard. There were two 12 gauges in there and a box of shells. Man, that was a good weekend.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • If any of my fellow DJing forumites are interested in giving Ableton a go Dubspot are giving access to their course away free until the end of June.

I've just done the first module which was really clear and concise, some of it was a bit over explained for myself but would be essential for people who haven't DJed before.

Ableton 30 30 course
  • currently painting a mural for a client. Right now. Just doing the pencilling. He is severely physically impaired and makes me realise how lucky we are to be able to play games, then bitch about them when some people can't and never will.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • If any of my fellow DJing forumites are interested in giving Ableton a go Dubspot are giving access to their course away free until the end of June.

I've just done the first module which was really clear and concise, some of it was a bit over explained for myself but would be essential for people who haven't DJed before.

Ableton 30 30 course

It's a doddle. Set default warping to complex, make the first hit 1. Check 5, 17 and so on, make sure the markers 'on' after any breaks... save. Track warped. I don't bother any more, I just do it 'on the fly' in about 6 secs.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Christmas morning, Hobby-bitches!!!

photoon20120609at12193.jpg
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • I'm really hung over.
  • MAKE THAT CAR GO FAST AND POST VIDEO
  • I can't play with it until tmrw as gf's parents coming down and boo hoo hoo mummy why can't I playyyyyyyyy?!?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    And put that on youtube too.
  • The community wouldn't stand for it. I'm not getting my account suspended but yes, I will shoot them.
  • Running videos aplenty to come complete with narration.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Is your face in the videos I like your face can I have your face
  • I won't be appearing in the vids. Disembodied voice only. The car is the star.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    well fuck you then :(
  • Did you get lipos yet?
  • He's not THAT fat.
  • Got the lipos and charger and just had a quick run outside. Damn, this thing is more fun than incest!
  • Yeah, I've seen your sister.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Nice turtle, pay day next week so I think I'm going to jump in. Which batteries did you get.
  • Archery - be warned. It makes no sense.
    Missus pantyfire hasn't shot for about 2 months. She went to the club thursday night and blew her Portsmouth (type of target and comp) personal best out of the water by about 34 points.
  • Zippy 2200mah 2cell. Although I don't know where you'd buy them in the UK. Mine were from a guy off ebay.

The battery tray needs a slight mod to get them in though, simple job.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Archery - be warned. It makes no sense. Missus pantyfire hasn't shot for about 2 months. She went to the club thursday night and blew her Portsmouth (type of target and comp) personal best out of the water by about 34 points.
    Sometimes a break helps to clear out the psychophysical detritus.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!