The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I try to learn something new every day as well, today I'm trying to learn WHY THE FUCK EVERYONE IS POSTING ABOUT STAR WARS IN THE MCU TV SPOILER THREAD GET OUT
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Still none the wiser.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I try to learn something new every day as well, today I'm trying to learn WHY THE FUCK EVERYONE IS POSTING ABOUT STAR WARS IN THE MCU TV SPOILER THREAD GET OUT

welcome to thread terrorism baby

879e679d22a7666dc60ca4048bcde8a95a3d71df.gif
  • I can’t stop looking at that gif and it’s making me dizzy now
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's slightly vomit inducing actually.

So MCU then.  Who was cancelled in that?
  • James Gunn. He has been uncancelled now though.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ah that's OK then.

Isn't it?
  • I dont know anymore.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    From a certain point of view.
    Davy would like a certain point of view of Gina C I fucking wrote Gina G and then deleted it.
    Spoiler:

I'd like both.
  • Tempy wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:

welcome to thread terrorism baby

879e679d22a7666dc60ca4048bcde8a95a3d71df.gif

What an amazing gif. One of the finest I’ve seen in quite a while. What’s the name for future reference?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • If you search "golden kamuy sugimoto gif" you'll find it in the image search eventually. There's another similar one too
  • davyK wrote:
    Looks like I pissed people off here. Sorry..

I just meant I thought that anyone who was influenced by a tweet would be weak minded.....certainly if it is taken on its own.

People say shitty things all the time but they have a right to that in the most cases. And if those people earn a living by playing "let's pretend", singing, punching people , showing the size of their arse off or dressing up - then I'd hope the weighting given to their comments is appropriate.

I don't live in the Twittersphere as it seems to be an echo chamber of bile and hatred with little in the way of any benefit. So I come from a position of ignorance with respect to Twitter and its impact on people's opinion. However I find the taking a view on anything of importance by social media to be somewhat lightweight.

Don’t be sorry. You’ve been algorithm’d.
    Just a little word of advice re The Quartering.
    EVERY time one of his videos pops up in your YouTube feed. Delete and say not interested.
    He’s the gateway to the blue/red pill, incel outrage far right conspiracy wankers.

I promise you that if you start watching his stuff then YouTube will start to feed you, slowly but surely, more and more extreme videos about women and the right.

I know because it happened to me just before Xmas last year, and at first it was stealthy/insidious but then, when you noticed it, it was really really interesting to peek behind the algo curtain.
    The whole thing took a couple of weeks to ramp up and took roughly the same couple of weeks of diligently deleting recommendations for them to go away again. And like you it started with searching for some gossip on the Mandalorian or a Marvel show or something.

Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Stop searching for Cara Dune tiddies
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh.

That Quartering guy started rambling and I zoned out. In retrospect I'm not even sure why I picked up on it and posted here. Just recently finished S2 of Mando and perhaps it was in the back of my mind. Shrugs.

I have learned my lesson that's for sure. Should be practicing what I preach - I always tell my buddies and family not to watch any of that crap and especially not to comment on it. Too easy to get embroiled.

It's amazing how quickly your recs get gnarled up....watched a Joe Rogan video about boxing and my YT got polluted with that. Watched a James O'Brien one about Brexit on LBC too.

It may be best just to log out of the google account and knock that crap on the head.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I won’t log into a YouTube account, and anything that I do watch YouTube on is regularly cleared. Fuck Google, and in particular, fuck their algorithm.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. Have just cleared my history down and a lot of "feminist destroyed by logic" and other various shit has cleared out of my home screen. Not even sure why that was there - maybe because I watched some mad "Karen" video..
  • I don't get recommended anything alt righty at all on Youtube. 

I watch debate shit, science and engineering shit, woodwork shit, biology and fitness shit, trainer shit, warhammer shit, D&D shit, videogame shit, watches shit, cooking shit, music shit, I don't think it takes long for the system to work out stuff that you don't want to see? But I dunno since Youtube has basically replaced my normal TV watching time so it's got a pretty lengthy history to work off. 

Like the only time I see Benny Shabibo, Quartering, Doomcock and other useless fucking chud channels is when they're being covered by a different channel pointing out how shit they are.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve had Jordan Peterson recommended to me. Can’t remember quite what I’d watched before that, but I do recall that it was soon after having cleared all data from the YouTube app on my TV, and very shortly before I did so again.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I don't get recommended anything alt righty at all on Youtube.

warhammer shit, D&D shit, videogame shit

That alt-right algo's sure rejecting you!

I don't let YouTube have my cookies, so I have to tell it I don't want to log in every time.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve had some stuff which I can spot now but initially didn’t recognise it. For example I like various people like Chappelle and Gervais and over the couple of years there are alt rights who use their complaining about jokes causing offence to conflate that to killing freedom of speech videos. Think I started one once. Now I just remove em from my feed on phone. Can’t do it on TV. I don’t want to clear my history as for the most part I like what is suggested.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I’ve had some stuff which I can spot now but initially didn’t recognise it. For example I like various people like Chappelle and Gervais and over the couple of years there are alt rights who use their complaining about jokes causing offence to conflate that to killing freedom of speech videos. Think I started one once. Now I just remove em from my feed on phone. Can’t do it on TV. I don’t want to clear my history as for the most part I like what is suggested.

I had the exact same recommendations, due to watching comedians like Chappelle, Gervais, Bill burr etc.

It’s mostly just kids rubbish, videogames and Gundams now. I mostly only watch the same few channels and Sterling, but the kids jump on and like Ryan/peppy clips etc. I deleted it off the tv and my phone/iPad and the kids are now watching adventure time all of a sudden instead, so that’s a massive win.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I tend to watch AGDQ, some retro and shmup related channels, film reviews etc. Every so often I go on a trawl and that's where you pick up the flotsam. One or two  clicks can be enough to trigger the algo it seems...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My current recommendations:

Could jurassic park really happen?
    PS5 Steelseries Arctic 7P headset
    Xbox Series X goes big on 120 fps
    How to match iPhone 12 Pro to Blackmagic
    Star Trek Captain Sisko vs Picard
    Surface Latop 4's vs M1 Macbook Air
    Building the Ultimate PS3
    Edward Snowden "The Worst conspiracies are in plain sight" (I blame Hair for all the UFO vids I've been watching)
    Innuendo bingo with Cool Kirkwood
    How to rescue Lord Rydell
    The Mitchells vs. The Machines - Official Trailer
    The Best Soundbars you can buy
    The Jeff Bezos Dogecoin Rumors
    Big Playstation Event Coming This week
    Mask-holes like Tucker Carlson Undermine Efforts
    iPhone Hidden Features! iOS 14.5
    Hood: outlaws and legends
    #nextleaderofscotland Debate
    Game of Thrones - The hound shows wight to Cersei
    Words aren't enough. We need action

Not too bad
  • ERE is going to be so mad with you guys
  • What's he gonna do? Cancel us?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Larks.

"If Barbie Girl was written in 2021"
    "Gestapo Muller - Hunting Hitler's Secret Police"
    "Cho Ren Sha 86K review"
    "Ricky Gervais and Richard Dawkins in conversation"
    "Jeremy Clarkson reveals what he thinks of Top Gear"
    "Adorable puppy loves his duck buddy"
    "Relaxing Video Game Music - N64"
    "The Void - transcending the void - Bella Tarr"
    "Roadtrip to TNT Amusements"
    "A Kerry man gives directions"
    "Crawley Cottage Shooting"

Fucking hate the sight and sound of Clarkson...

What is actually happening with the MCU anyhow?   The old big Thanos thing is over now. Are they starting something anew?
  • davyK wrote:
    It's slightly vomit inducing actually. So MCU then.  Who was cancelled in that?
    Woah there, thought it was made clear that you arent allowed to mention cancel culture? Get out. *Mad Max sitting backward on an ass.gif*

No idea who this Quartering person is. I did see a couple of Doomcock's videos. And its abundantly clear he talks pure shite. Put that in your woke pipe and smoke it.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Larks.

What is actually happening with the MCU anyhow?   The old big Thanos thing is over now. Are they starting something anew?

Yup.
  • I think there's another spidey film coming, a venom film, something with the eternals in it, another doctor strange, guardians of the galaxy 3 and another film I can't remember. Dunno what the big climax is going to be (if there is one for this set of films, but I think in the comics it was the eternals stuff and galactus that came after Thanos so maybe they'll introduce the silver surfer or something and the end films will be about dealing with Galactus.
  • There's another Thor coming at some point too.

And another Captain Marvel.

I've seen Secret Invasion popping up but no idea if that's speculation based on Nick Fury hanging out in space or what.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!