The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • It makes sense that Disney would sack her for it, but its still funny.

It can't just be that though because Bree Larson didn't get sacked.
  • monkey wrote:
    The toy stuff is just idiots finding the last of the stock line still on sale here and there.

Like I say, anything that comes form Pirates and Princesses should be treated with a saltmine's worth of scrutiny. 

Also can't understand why someone would care if someone is being "uncancelled" if they don't care what they said to get them in hot water in the first place? Unless you're already assuming bad faith on the idea of someone being criticised for what they've said.
  • First person to link to a doomcock video itt is going to get the smoke.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    There's a show with Bear Grylls in which she appeared. He called for it to be broadcast and it's scheduled for next week. Rumours of the toys re-appearing too.
    That's exactly what I said in my post. Without the whole sucking up to Daily Wire cos she's a big moron with a tendency to run her mouth bit, which is also pretty important really.  You don't need your hand holding for a wank, but you also don't need to buy into this dumb idea of "cancelling" either and "uncancelling" either.

This. I really hate it. People don't get cancelled. They chat shit in a public forum and obviously get called on it. If they then turtle down it's their choice. Look at Trump, do you think he gave a fuck about people complaining about him? If you're gonna be an offensive tosser, own it.
  • People absolutely can be whipped up into an outrage over minor stuff, and social media/24hr news can rapidly flatten context beyond usefulness, but a if it quacks, its a duck, and the Daily Wire are all mallards.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Quick google - she said something that was akin comparing the US Republicans to 30's Germany Jews or some such thing. 

Heh.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It makes sense that Disney would sack her for it, but its still funny. It can't just be that though because Bree Larson didn't get sacked.

Bree Larson is kept on retainer purely because she generates so much traffic to disney websites off the back of The Quartering's one man weird crusade/deffo obsession with everything she does being bad for some reason.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbours … even by children … Because history is edited, most people today don’t realise that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbours hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views.
  • davyK wrote:
    Quick google - she said something that was akin comparing the US Republicans to 30's Germany Jews or some such thing.  Heh.

Well, that's going to add to the challenge rating next time at least, keep things interesting.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm not sure that Jews were rounded up so easily because of neighbourly hatred, more neighbourly fear of SS men taking them away too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyhow. I like to ogle.
  • booba
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Apparantly she also listed her preferred pronouns on Twitter as "beep, bop, boop".

Also shared tweets about the election fix and laughing at mask wearers during COVID.

Heh.
  • davyK wrote:
    Apparantly she also listed her preferred pronouns on Twitter as "beep, bop, boop". Also shared tweets about the election fix and laughing at mask wearers during COVID. Heh.

Hilarious!

Hope she gets her tits out on her Daily Wire film.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I find it all hilarious, Who gives a shit what she (or anyone else who dresses up and pretends for a living) thinks or says?

But then I don't give a toss about Twitter or any of that other shit. So I suppose it does have an influence on the weak minded.
  • davyK wrote:
    I find it all hilarious, Who gives a shit what she (or anyone else who dresses up and pretends for a living) thinks or says? But then I don't give a toss about Twitter or any of that other shit. So I suppose it does have an influence on the weak minded.

I think Disney gave a shit.
  • Tempy wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Apparantly she also listed her preferred pronouns on Twitter as "beep, bop, boop". Also shared tweets about the election fix and laughing at mask wearers during COVID. Heh.
    Hilarious! Hope she gets her tits out on her Daily Wire film.

I mean, I'm in favour of that.
  • Only the weak minded care, which is why you brought it up in the first place?

It's gotta be one or the other, guy.
  • Guys can we all put Davy out of his misery before he posts any other terrible takes Gina Carano has committed to social media or in interviews and all confirm that he can wank over without worrying that it makes him alt-right adjacent?

Dude, you have my permission to go buck wild in the confines of your own mind.
  • Davy's alright. He just doesn't live in the outrage-sphere of Twitter
  • Don't think there's anything wrong with Davy at all, but you can't call people weak minded a page after bringing it up in the first place, without doing a jot of research around the matter.
  • Well, you can. But you're shooting yourself in the foot a bit.
  • I wont deny there is a rough charm to Gina in the Mando (talking ogling here). But I've weighed up the practicalities of engaging in some horizontal sparring with her and I think its too risky. She would destroy me like crisps under bison (one for the Boosh boys, heeyooh).
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Let's all just calm doon and have a nice cup of tea.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • How’s she end up in this thread anyway? You could argue she counts as a Disney princess, but calling her a Marvel character is a bit of a stretch.
  • (Cue some smartarse posting a Marvel Star War comic.)
  • She has Marvelous boobs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!