The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • I really enjoyed that finale too.
    Spoiler:

On thinking on the previous episode did everyone else enjoy how they kept cutting to alligator Loki like he was another human character in the scene to show his reaction to the conversation? Made me giggle every time.
  • 100% agree with your spoilers Shabs, and yes the cuts to the alligator made me smile too. For my money, Loki as a series has had the best writing in the entire history of the MCU. Big character growth and all the emotions, coupled with brilliant casting and universally great performances have put it at the top of the Marvel pile for me. It's up there with Infinity War for me, but for different reasons.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Also regarding Black Widow, and moving forward...
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Also regarding Black Widow, and moving forward...

As far as I know …
    Spoiler:
  • Overall Loki has been the best Marvel output since Endgame (Im including Black Widow in that). Totally agree with Shabby's spoiler up there too about the ending. This series has been a breath of fresh air. Really loved it. 
    Delighted to hear S2 is coming. Thats not been confirmed for Witch or Capn Falcon?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Re: BW - Aye
    Spoiler:
  • Black Widow / Hawkeye
    Spoiler:
    Loki
    Spoiler:
  • So far above Flying Cap and Metal Arm though. That seems even dumber in retrospect.
  • What's next on Disney+ for MCU?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think it’s Hawkeye, no?
  • 'What If...?' I think but by definition I wouldn't have thought that would tie into anything.
  • Here is the list.
    Might be Ms Marvel before Hawkeye. Both are "Late 2021"

https://www.marvel.com/tv-shows
  • What if? = August 6th
    Hawkeye = Late 2021
    Ms Marvel = Late 2021

She-Hulk = 2022
    GotG Holiday Special = Christmas 2022
    Loki S2 = TBC
    Armor Wars = TBC
    I am Groot = TBC
    Ironheart = TBC
    Moon Knight = TBC
    Secret Invasion = TBC
    Untitled Wakanda series = TBC
  • I can't say Im especially interested in Ms Marvel or Hawkeye.

She-Hulk could be interesting and I'm all in for that GOG Holiday Special.
  • Doubt I’ll watch What If. I’ll give the others a chance.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I can't say Im especially interested in Ms Marvel or Hawkeye. She-Hulk could be interesting and I'm all in for that GOG Holiday Special.

You should be, Kamala Khan is an amazing character.
  • Loved that big finale to Loki.
    I found it so refreshing that most of the big engaging scenes were simple conversations. I'm think the whole Mobius/Loki interview scenes as a highlight.

As my wife said "that's what you get when you use female writers!"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I can't say Im especially interested in Ms Marvel or Hawkeye. She-Hulk could be interesting and I'm all in for that GOG Holiday Special.
    You should be, Kamala Khan is an amazing character.

I'm so hoping they don't screw Ms Marvel up.  Both of my daughters grew up with her as their hero.  Partly because she looked like them, and shared that pull between cultures (my wife and I aren't Muslim, but their Nana and Nani most definitely are).  Partly because she's great.
  • I am enjoying the highly produced shows though, it's nice to have them even if the quality is a bit variable.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The actor used at the end what very very good. Gives me hope for his spin on the phase 4 big bad. He was very watchable.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Hawkeye has the potential to be great if they're adapting the Matt Fraction run 'My Life As A Weapon'.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Minkymu wrote:
    The actor used at the end what very very good. Gives me hope for his spin on the phase 4 big bad. He was very watchable.
    Hmmm I wasn't sold on him. Then again he had a very difficult part to play.
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I feel like he was probably asked to do a pretty Yoda-ish expectation-subverting take for this iteration of the character but presumably auditioned for the full-on Quantumania version.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I loved his performance.
    Spoiler:
  • I worry that we’re heading beyond fun blockbuster stuff towards crazy complex comics stuff, and that Marvel could lose a lot of its audience going too far into geek territory. Me included.

Hope they can prove me wrong though.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    The actor used at the end what very very good. Gives me hope for his spin on the phase 4 big bad. He was very watchable.

Is he the lead from Lovecraft Country? Either way, I liked him in this - it's hard to do bored and unhinged well.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I worry that we’re heading beyond fun blockbuster stuff towards crazy complex comics stuff, and that Marvel could lose a lot of its audience going too far into geek territory. Me included.

Hope they can prove me wrong though.

I do wonder if the cinema-only audience is gonna be doing a lot of Maul-in-Solo-style WTFing at the screen in the future. There's a big chunk of the audience that isn't interested in franchise extentions and just consume the core stuff.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Gremill wrote:
    Is he the lead from Lovecraft Country?

Yes.
  • He's great in Lovecraft Country and Da Five Bloods too.
  • I highly doubt any of the Disney Plus stuff will be necessary to watch the films. It's there to flesh things out for people who want that. Anyone who watches "that new Marvel film innit" will be fine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!