The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    That's really interesting. I wonder if they were a bit concerned about the CGI for the Deviants at the time they were filming? It's kinda weird cos there are bits were there are no light sources falling on the characters at all and no light highlights anywhere in the image... a bit odd.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm watching now with Nate. Is Icarus a wrong un? I'm getting bad vibes. They've just found Ajak by the way
  • I'm watching now with Nate. Is Icarus a wrong un? I'm getting bad vibes. They've just found Ajak by the way

You know a movie has griped you when you are posting on the forum during the film...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well Nate was bored but I loved it. They laid on the Icarus is lying thing way too strong at the start and I'm amazed after 7,000 years that Cersi didn't cotton on to those pork pies but I'll give it a pass. Top film with a bit of breathing space for the characters and gravitas, loved the flashbacks through history and the frustrations of the eternals
  • Hearing a Dublin accent was nice too.

Representation matters.

This guy lived for millennia, and decided working class Dub is the accent for me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I thought Eternals was dull as dishwater. It’s pretty much the film I originally feared Thor or Guardians of the Galaxy might be. Too much pompous space/epic nonsense and not enough humanity.

Totally disagree. Plenty of humanity throughout, especially in their motivations and questioning their purpose. Humanity was the entire point of the film
  • Yeah I didn’t mind it at all really. Lots of the usual moral uncertainty, like if you’re quasi gods the kinds of moral questions you face are different. Cersi one spends lots of time with humans falls for one lives with them and is all like “omg this is wrong these humans are well good” and ikarus is “yeah but whole solar systems vs one dodgy planet of primates really bro”

One of them never even changed his mind!

Some beautiful astonishing shots. I did have to boost the old telly contrast.

But you know probably a bit long and a bit slow and a bit predictable but no worse than a few other of these MCU things and a darn sight better than most action comic drama things
  • As someone who finds something good in most films, I could see some cool moments and understand what was trying to be achieved.

It was all undone, however, by how VERY VERY BORING it was.

So many people and times and places and powerful CGI monsters it was hard to give a shit about literally any of it. Then…
    Spoiler:
  • Just finished Hawkeye. Meh. Just never grabbed me to be honest. I’m not hugely invested in Hawkeye, the new Hawk girl or any of these characters. Very well acted and top tier cast though. I can see how some will like it, it’s very well done, but now that the MCU has multiverses and wizards and witches and Loki zapping around I’m not so interested in the more grounded characters like Hawkeye and Falcon etc. WandaVision and Loki definitely the better TV series for me.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I’m completely the opposite. Multiverses and wizards and immortal aliens and giant planet sized CGI statue monsters … it’s boring me to death. Hawkeye felt like a return to form with human-sized problems.
  • poprock wrote:
    I’m completely the opposite. Multiverses and wizards and immortal aliens and giant planet sized CGI statue monsters … it’s boring me to death. Hawkeye felt like a return to form with human-sized problems.

I think I'm sort of the same. I'd prefer if the majority of marvel stayed more grounded. That way something like guardians stands out for the better.

I'm guessing they can't go fully back to that and keep continuity. Even now, earth has had invasions, blips etc. MCU has done great at keeping such a timeline going but at some point I reckon they will have to do a full reboot to bring things back.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I dont mind things being galactic scale but it needs to build.
    That is where Marvel got it right before. Iron Man to Infinity War was a decade of growing that scale.

I dont think they need to completely reset that dial back to zero again but I would rather they turned it back down a bit and built up to something again. Eternals turned the galactic mumbo jumbo up to 11. Combined with introducing 10+ characters left me uninvested.
  • Well Nate was bored but I loved it. They laid on the Icarus is lying thing way too strong at the start and I'm amazed after 7,000 years that Cersi didn't cotton on to those pork pies but I'll give it a pass. Top film with a bit of breathing space for the characters and gravitas, loved the flashbacks through history and the frustrations of the eternals

Yeah, totally agree with you on this. I really enjoyed it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • There's no reason you can't have both. In a world of galactic threats, there are always going to be human sized problems as well.

TV is a great ground for the street level heroes.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I like the street-scale stuff and appreciated Hawkeye for it but I think for stuff that doesn't really sit standalone - and a lot of these TV series seem to be setting up plot points for future projects rather than being top-tier TV series in their own right - then the set-up for phase arcs and multiverse stuff is a bit more exciting than 'look forward to the next street-scale TV show!'.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Eternals - more Thor 2 (my least liked, but still enjoyed MCU flick) than Infinity War.
    Things can only get better.
  • I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Quite liked the trailer, was kinda disappointed to be reminded it's gonna be a TV series. Could have been an interesting movie, will probably be a bit dragged out as a TV series.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sleeping issues, London, Cairo. This should be renamed Yoss Knight.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I prefer Moon Yoss
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You keep your arse to yourself.
  • Looks interesting (until the costume reveal, when it dives back into ‘silly’). I’ll give it a chance.
  • poprock wrote:
    Looks interesting (until the costume reveal, when it dives back into ‘silly’). I’ll give it a chance.

I was the same - not sure what Moon Knight is meant to look like but that didn't impress. Otherwise there looked to be enough meat on the bone to interest me and Oscar Isaac deserves a proper marvel turn after Apocalypse did him dirty.
    SFV - reddave360
  • 630643.jpg

So, pretty much what they've done.
  • Hawkeye was good fun. A really enjoyable watch. I still prefer Loki though. 
    Im currently 1 hour 15 mins into the Eternerals...fucking hell, the title refers to the run time I presume. Still got over an hour left. Ill finish watching it but its quite, quite boring.
    Major gripe for me has to be the deviants. They couldn't be more generic, cookie-cutter, run of the mill throwaway monsters. Maybe that changes later in the movie but ffs they are shit.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • 630643.jpg So, pretty much what they've done.

It might be accurate but some designs don't transfer well to the screen. Wolverine is an obvious one and recently I think Falcons Cap America outfit looked pretty awful even if it was the same as the comic.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah Moon Knight can look great with the right inking and all that white flowing around the page. But it’s difficult to see how that could look good on screen. Can take them a few goes to get these things looking right. See original Cap needing a couple of full-length motion pictures before they found a look that worked.
  • Ep 1 was ok, eh?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I didn't even know Ethan Hawke was starring, so that's a big plus. Yeah episode one was quite good I have to say.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!