Returnal - on PC now
  • 65,037 (167)

Actually really liked the gun...fluffed a hook shot grab though and got myself killed. Tough run, for sure.
  • And a request:

Can people who take part make sure to add me on psn as a friend (ID: michaelbritten). That way I can check leaderboards and keep this updated.
  • I'm not doing too bad then. I actually died by falling down a hole in the end, when under no pressure. Just misjudged the jump. After scraping through so many battles too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Oh. So I’m not that bad at the moment then. :) Yep. Shit gun. Made short work of the big wolves. It was the flying automatons that killed me. Lots of them and I couldn’t effectively target them. Tried running around and hiding and doing one by one but then a Severed sneaked up behind me and killed me. Fucking warping bastard.

Pretty much the same.
  • So, I think I mentioned before that I actually quite like the Rotgland Lobber.

1,481,379. (Rank 3)

Don’t know how that happened! Was annoyed with myself because I missed an area...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    MadSkillz up the house! My god!
  • Holy shit! Well played!

Fucken lol at my effort - 11,609!  Back down to earth.

Cheers Minnesanger I’ve sent you a friend request.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Wow, tin. You da man.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I got 654,577.

Now why aren't my friends appearing?
    Can-of-sprite
  • Tin in May: I’m slow, too old for these games and will inevitably fail.

Tin in June: Pew, pew, 3rd in the world motherfuckers.

Honestly really like the fact that Wario and Tin were both “I’ll struggle” people and they both end up smashing it. Will update once I’m at work, but well done all.

EDIT:

OP and title updated.

2nd post now contains updated info for ranking - using best global rank, not score. Score will only be used as tie-breaker if two people get the same rank.

3rd post contains previous results. But there will be no table and running rankings, so don't ask (elf!). That is just part of the cycle.
  • So here we are gents with the best scores across 2 days this week.

1. tin 1,481,379
    2. Wario - 1,011,788
    3. b0r1s - 875,257 
    4. Skade - 654,577
    5. Minnesanger - 553,747 
    6. Elf - 551,360 
    7. Jon B -  70,013

First up, congratulations to tin_robot for absolutely bossing that 2nd run. It was a tough run, in the hardest biome, with a weapon a lot of people hate. Some serious skills here. Kudos. 

Also want to shout out Wario for a fantastic day one run, too. Without that masterpiece from tin, Wario would be the innaugural pewmaster. But, alas, it wasn't to be. 

Jon B rounds out the bottom, but that's more him missing day one and the fact the second day gave far fewer points. That run of his was super solid, and actually one of the better day 2 runs, so some credit where it's due.

Next week there will be a couple of changes:

1. The days will be mixed as they will be every week. I'm just rolling a dice twice to pick days right now (1-6, Monday to Saturday, with Sunday excluded). Roll brought us Monday and Thursday next week. I'll update the thread title any time dates change, so just keep an eye out for that. 

2. From next week, we will be using overall highest global ranking, rather than score (credit to Jon for the suggestion). I still want people to post their score and rank when they do it, because it's fun to chat and compare, but I won't be updating winners 'n' stuff until the day after when I can sit down and check the final rankings. 

Not everyone has eveyone on their friends list, which can make comparing ranks tricky. If you're missing people, just drop your ID in here and hopefully we can get everyone added. I'll accept the Friend Requests from tin and wario tonight. Anyone who hasn't added me, add PSN ID michaelbritten.

Finally, thanks all of you - really happy with the turnout. 

I want to finish this post with a quote from our 1st PewMaster. He said some inspirational words back at the beginning of May and they've stuck in my mind ever since. Our leader, ladies and gentlemen:
    tin_robot wrote:
    For anyone concerned by the much vaunted difficulty. I can guarantee that none of you will be worse at this than me.

PEW PEW!
  • Nice stuff Minnesangar; great work.

Literally everyone is worse at this than Tin Robot!

PS my ID is guss3000
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tin well and truly hustled us!

Thanks for organising Cinty.

Doubt I’ll ever be that high up the table again (unless Reg joins) so I’ll take that result and be happy. Well done to all.

Will add Wario now.

Edit - ib0r1s is my PSN.
  • Skade wrote:
    Now why aren't my friends appearing?

There’s a button you have to press to see your friend’s scores (square, maybe?), do you mean that you pressed that and nothing showed up? If so, not sure what the issue is.

And @b0r1s - yeah, hustle is exactly the right word.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Doubt I’ll ever be that high up the table again

I can pretty much promise I won't!

Thanks for arranging this Cinty, I am both delighted and baffled. I continue to attribute my success to being the only person on the planet who thinks the Rotgland Lobber is A Pretty Great Gun.  

Giddy with my new found power, I spent the rest of yesterday evening introducing my youngest daughter to the delights of Pew Pew and she is suitably smitten. She got to Phrike on her second go dammit. God knows if she'll ever let me back on myself now.

Anyway, thanks again, and may the Pew Pew be with you.

(My PSN id is tinautomaton)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    Giddy with my new found power, I spent the rest of yesterday evening introducing my youngest daughter to the delights of Pew Pew and she is suitably smitten. She got to Phrike on her second go dammit. God knows if she'll ever let me back on myself now. Anyway, thanks again, and may the Pew Pew be with you. (My PSN id is tinautomaton)

This makes me smile. I recall introducing my daughter to Mario and now she's smitten for life, we're planning to pass this down to her daughter in the next few years :-)
  • I got my Boy into Street Fighter recently. After much faffing and lying about his age on another new PSN account (for which he/we may get suspended!), he played ranked yesterday. Won 4 out of 14. He is only 8.  Imagine he will whoop my ass in a year. Maybe.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Sorry I missed this week Cinty. I'll be in next week. Will need to practice though!

I've sent it a few friends requests too so expect a message from a Shrimp
  • Just used the shared screen feature in party chat to watch Shabby pew through biome 4. Some good pew pew, ladies and gents.
  • Jumped back onto screen share and watched Shabby smash through the rest of the game. I’ll let him post full stats and stuff if he wants tomorrow but for now I’d just like to say congratulations to Shabby.

You did good, lad.
  • These challenges are a great for making you learn the weapons you avoided during the campaign!

Translation: I die instantly using guns I haven't used much
  • These challenges are a great for making you learn the weapons you avoided during the campaign!

Translation: I die instantly using guns I haven't used much

You did the one yesterday with the Coilspine Shredder? Good weapon, that, but yeah...it takes a moment.

Also, it is now Monday here and will be Monday when you all wake. What does that mean? It means Week 2, Day 1 of the challenge. Get those scores in today when you can peeps. Scores and ranks both (ranks will be confirmed tomorrow for final position).
  • That's the one!  Doesn't have enough pews for my panicked shooting technique.  Cool to play a different way though.
  • Jumped back onto screen share and watched Shabby smash through the rest of the game. I’ll let him post full stats and stuff if he wants tomorrow but for now I’d just like to say congratulations to Shabby. You did good, lad.

Thanks for the support throughout that. Finished at 2:30am so definitely played longer than I originally intended but the run was going so well!
    I think it was 19 deaths and 21 hours at the end from memory. Certainly felt like more deaths than that.
  • Ugh, not a great run with a fun weapon.

502,531 at 89th place.

Probably shouldn't give tips on how to beat my score but it seems health pickups aren't counted as items for taking damage with the malfunction. Wished I'd realised that earlier.

Someone’s cracked the 2 million point mark today!  Fair effort
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Rank 65

Didn’t really do anything wrong except get hit once and not be quick enough as I’m a wuss in the Abyss.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I should have had a million really but those bloody pink rings.
  • Another sloppy run. But it’s all good - will make up for it on Thursday.

280610 / 334th

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!