Returnal - on PC now
  • Only had one go on the Tower update but fuck me this is a good time.

I was very, very rusty - got halfway through phase 3, and a score of just shy of 500k. But doesn’t matter, will try again.

Delighted with this.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ok son. I get ya. Like the slight soft challenge there.

Cinty - “so yeah I like beat your score, I wasn’t playing well but just you know telling you like it is”

Passive aggressive motherfucka
    Spoiler:

Seems like we’re gonna need a Pew Pew leaderboard lads.
  • Pew pew!

Also, wasn’t being passive aggressive at you…was being passive aggressive at Tin “I’m no good oh lol just near topped world leaderboards” Robot.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha
  • Only just found out Edge gave this an 8. That's the closest I've come to a YOU WOT MATE reaction to a review score for years, had to wobble my head.
  • They gave Resogun and Nex Machina 8s too, didn’t they?

They’ve given plenty of GoaTs 8s. Like ICO, SotC, Last Guardian, and the “super easily a 10” Journey.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Only had one go on the Tower update but fuck me this is a good time. I was very, very rusty - got halfway through phase 3, and a score of just shy of 500k. But doesn’t matter, will try again. Delighted with this.

I told you - it's good innit?
    Pew pew! Also, wasn’t being passive aggressive at you…was being passive aggressive at Tin “I’m no good oh lol just near topped world leaderboards” Robot.

Once.  That happened once.  (And it was great.)
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    They gave Resogun and Nex Machina 8s too, didn’t they?

They’ve given plenty of GoaTs 8s. Like ICO, SotC, Last Guardian, and the “super easily a 10” Journey.

Yeah. No drama, glad whoever reviewed it enjoyed it enough to give it a good score, but the childishness in me made me do a grumble.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I remember holding EDGE’s opinion in high regard when I was younger and then obviously you realise it’s all just opinions. These reviewers can ponce it up with some flowery words and pretences of art but ultimately we’re still playing with digital toys.

Plus…
    Spoiler:
  • Did a couple more runs earlier, nearly cracked 4 million. Friends aren’t showing up on the friends leaderboard, though, for some reason, so maybe you have to do a few runs first.
  • I don’t have returnal any more I moved it on.
  • I don’t have returnal any more I moved it on.

Can’t believe you abandoned the game.
  • Don’t worry I’m sure it’ll come back.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    They gave Resogun and Nex Machina 8s too, didn’t they? They’ve given plenty of GoaTs 8s. Like ICO, SotC, Last Guardian, and the “super easily a 10” Journey.
    Yeah. No drama, glad whoever reviewed it enjoyed it enough to give it a good score, but the childishness in me made me do a grumble.
    Yeah, it was a bit off. I think the main criticism was that it didn't have enough of a Roguelike long game, which was missing the point a bit for me, but there you go.
  • An 8 is fine. I’ve always been an advocate for diverse review scores as I wanna see what appeals to different people rather than forming a critical consensus. Text copy is far more important for me, and will hopefully remain so.

Focusing on the rogue like long game is, agreed, a weird way to look at it. Seems like such a restrictive way to evaluate media. Funnily enough, the tower dlc does address that, adding a whole bunch of more trad rogue like staples, so people finally have their endless game, I guess.

Overall, EDGE’s view gets a big shrug from me. An 8 is a good score, and they’ve rarely actually known the proper greats when in front of their face, but that’s to be expected. A lot of these things don’t get their status until a community has formed around them.
  • And, for me, this is best action game ever made, up there in terms of perfection with the likes of Bayonetta. I also understand why those looking at it as a trad rogue like might be disappointed.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Only just found out Edge gave this an 8. That's the closest I've come to a YOU WOT MATE reaction to a review score for years, had to wobble my head.

Edge. Dead to me.
  • The tower mode is aces
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Still on the first biome :D
  • Don't be surprised if you're there a fair bit longer!! Took me a long time to get anywhere on this...
  • Olimite wrote:

Given timezones, may be better for someone else to offer, but I'm happy to try and find some time in the next week or so to co-op - likely Sun / Mon /Tuesday as I have 3 days off. Happy to help you get over that biome 1 bump.
  • Olimite wrote:

Given timezones, may be better for someone else to offer, but I'm happy to try and find some time in the next week or so to co-op - likely Sun / Mon /Tuesday as I have 3 days off. Happy to help you get over that biome 1 bump.

I’ve said I’m happy to spend some time in co-op and have installed the game ready for it. Just need to know when works.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I’m good most evenings. Not really familiar with PS chat etc but happy to participate/learn.
  • Olimite wrote:
    I’m good most evenings. Not really familiar with PS chat etc but happy to participate/learn.

I've got no idea about playing online on PS anymore, but I'm sure we can make it work! Add me as: Syph79 and we can go from there. I've been playing this most evenings, and will likely be again tonight from 8ish.

On a related note, I saw the ending of the Ascension update yesterday. I'm aware there's a 'true' one, so I guess I will keep going for a bit.
  • Nice work, Syph.

Will give peeps a little more time to have a go at this, then probably organise some competitive forum pew pew leaderboarding.
  • First off Elden Ring,
    then try Pew Pew
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’ll be back on this when I get ps plus plus.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'll be back on this at some point soonishmaybecouldbeshoulde.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!