Returnal - on PC now
  • It's not really called PS Plus Plus is it?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's not really called PS Plus Plus is it?

Of course not. Official names are PS Plus, PS Pluser and PS Plusest.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    I’m good most evenings. Not really familiar with PS chat etc but happy to participate/learn.

I've got no idea about playing online on PS anymore, but I'm sure we can make it work! Add me as: Syph79 and we can go from there. I've been playing this most evenings, and will likely be again tonight from 8ish.

On a related note, I saw the ending of the Ascension update yesterday. I'm aware there's a 'true' one, so I guess I will keep going for a bit.

I did ages ago. You’re one of the few here I have. I’m OlimiteToo now because Sony are gits.
  • Choked on the floor before the ‘true’ boss, but managed a healthy score of 4,379,320.

Neil - Sorry mate, I had no idea. I’ve messaged now and we can catch up another night. I’ll be around.
  • Did a co-op session with Shabs and it was a blast. Was expecting it to be a bit laggy but was actually pretty flawless. Couple of moments of slowdown, but other that that we didn’t really have any issues. Well done, Housemarque.
  • Does it add extra enemies to each room? How does enemy targeting work? Really intrigued with the addition but haven't read any feedback yet.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Does it add extra enemies to each room? How does enemy targeting work? Really intrigued with the addition but haven't read any feedback yet.

Some rooms felt very busy, but I don’t think it’s dramatically more than SP, if there is an addition. Re. Enemy targeting - enemies seem to pick aggro on one of the players. While this may make the game seem easier, it also means you have projectiles flying in more directions, so you can get caught out if you’re not careful.

Also, some big boys will aggressively pursue and teleport after a single player, but can then switch.

Also, some other stuff about how items and stuff are split:
    Spoiler:

Honestly, it felt like it worked really well. We never felt overpowered but it deffo had a different feel to the Single-player mode. Less oppressive Metroid-like and more trad couch co-op arcade title, like Nex Machina or Alienation.
  • The host effectively pulls a partner into their SP mode, so the host can pick up scout logs and stuff. The partner can’t, but they get a separate levelling system that rewards ether.
  • I’ve always said that The BAFTAs knew what was up. In my fact my most common expressions to say out loud to myself are:

BAFTA? More like BEST-A!
    The only better bait than masturbate is BAFTA-bait!
    This pancake is gorgeous. From pancake batter to a a cake BAFTA!
    And
    Sending a serious lack of BAFTA chill in your voice, Steven.
  • Just beat 2nd boss with a slither of health left.
    Pew pew.
    (Grapple get!)
  • Nice work! 2nd is a real toughie.
  • Nice work! 2nd is a real toughie.

Aye but I got my grapple of him.
    Pew pew.
  • https://youtu.be/jZ61abVfRfo

This is me just beating him, thought I'd funked it when I fell of a ledge fighting him.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one Davie! Watching that was great and took me back. I didn't find the second boss as tough as cracking the first, but I really think the 3D headphones helped a lot for positional awareness.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Nice one Davie! Watching that was great and took me back. I didn't find the second boss as tough as cracking the first, but I really think the 3D headphones helped a lot for positional awareness.

The 3d headphones worked a treat on 1st but I had wife in my ear and kinda cheering me on with that one.
    3d sound out the TV was great too.
    Can't believe how close it was at the end there.
  • I one-shotted half the bosses in Returnal, maybe four of them even. I'm not saying this because I'm a bellend (the Muzzys who ruin advice threads on reddit), just because I've never hit close to that kind of ratio in any tricky game ever. I was in tune with this and I'm proud of myself for once.

I'm also chuffed because I'm due to start it again in co-op this weekend.
  • b0r1s wrote:

Yeah, 3D audio so useful for that second one during the dive bomb phase.

And yeah, great vid.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I one-shotted half the bosses in Returnal, maybe four of them even. I'm not saying this because I'm a bellend (the Muzzys who ruin advice threads on reddit), just because I've never hit close to that kind of ratio in any tricky game ever. I was in tune with this and I'm proud of myself for once.

I'd be really interested in watching and gathering tips etc if your gonna be streaming or anything?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I one-shotted half the bosses in Returnal, maybe four of them even. I'm not saying this because I'm a bellend (the Muzzys who ruin advice threads on reddit), just because I've never hit close to that kind of ratio in any tricky game ever. I was in tune with this and I'm proud of myself for once.

I died to 1, 2 and 3 at least once, found 2 the hardest. The rest of the bosses all one shot, though the same can’t be said for the biomes they reside in.
  • Funnily enough, when I watched shabby complete the game I watched him one shot the last boss without ever figuring out what the mechanic was.

#pain
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    When the fuck is this coming to PC itsliterally the only game out right now I wanna play
  • I've never streamed anything and I never will, sorry :)

I was late to the party so hoovered up advice in here when I was starting out. Will dig out the best tips I was given later this evening. Looking back I got lucky with level 3. I thought it was way beyond my skill level when I reached it but somehow managed to get through after a handful of attempts. I reckon without that bit of luck on that particular run I'd have floundered there for a good few hours. The levels are MUCH harder than the bosses, imo.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I one-shotted half the bosses in Returnal, maybe four of them even. I'm not saying this because I'm a bellend (the Muzzys who ruin advice threads on reddit), just because I've never hit close to that kind of ratio in any tricky game ever. I was in tune with this and I'm proud of myself for once. I'm also chuffed because I'm due to start it again in co-op this weekend.

I had a similar experience, though not quite as accomplished - I one shotted all the bosses in the latter half of the game, and emerged from all the trial rooms unscathed in the that half too.  I guess it may be that they got easier, but I like to think that I simply got much better, having properly tuned in.

(I pretty much cheesed that second boss by using one of those barrier things...)

Also, grapple is a game changer.  Use it!
  • Funnily enough, when I watched shabby complete the game I watched him one shot the last boss without ever figuring out what the mechanic was.

#pain

Pfffft, mechanics are for whiney bitches. Real gamers use brute force and stupidity.

Still pretty chuffed I managed to do the last two and half biomes first go. Was a sweaty affair but was helpful having Cinty by my side.

• When the fuck is this coming to PC itsliterally the only game out right now I wanna play

It’s all but announced, afaik. Pretty sure it is in the next batch of PlayStation games to be announced for PC ports.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moistness intensifies
  • Moistness intensifies

Will be worth the wait, bud. It’s stupidly good.
  • Finally started this since it became available of Plus Premium. Boy oh boy, what a game! I can't believe I didn't pick this up sooner.

I'm still early in, but it's been well and truly worth the praise bestowed upon it so far.
  • kestla wrote:
    Finally started this since it became available of Plus Premium. Boy oh boy, what a game! I can't believe I didn't pick this up sooner.

I'm still early in, but it's been well and truly worth the praise bestowed upon it so far.

Enjoy kestla.

Think it’s a game a lot of people would have skipped and relies a lot on word of mouth. If you have any issues, there’s a lot of decent pew pew-ers in this thread. And Elf.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!