ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    It's a weird one, judging whether actions are sexually motivated or not. I used to get naked in public pretty often, never for a moment did I consider I might make people uncomfortable, beyond the obvious "eeewwww"-factor. It's not something that has happened recently and certainly never was deemed sexual by me, but yeah, just eyes to think that others might have seen it that way, or been genuinely upset by it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • There are places you can go to be naked in public, Cocko. Worth a look.

One thing I'll always find funny (and I think most people do) are streakers. Got to love a streaker, stewards dashing on frantically trying to throw a coat over a maniacally grinning bloke. Also shout out to the lesser spotted female streaker.

I heard that a bloke did a streak at the tennis once when the empire said "new balls please". Don't know if true but I hope it is. I also hear that my uncle did a streak at Bloomfield Road many years ago. Best uncle.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    It's a weird one, judging whether actions are sexually motivated or not. I used to get naked in public pretty often, never for a moment did I consider I might make people uncomfortable, beyond the obvious "eeewwww"-factor. It's not something that has happened recently and certainly never was deemed sexual by me, but yeah, just eyes to think that others might have seen it that way, or been genuinely upset by it

Immediately thought of Lightyear when I read your post there. (For other Badgers - an old band we both knew/know who had a habit of getting naked on stage.)

Nudity for them was never sexual. But it’s still amazing they got away with it for so long. And probably still would now. It was absolutely, positively, 100% not a sex thing, and they managed to never offend or scare a single audience member. I think the aura of camaraderie and silliness played a big part in that. But you know … if one band member, even once, even for a moment, got a hardon? It would have changed the dynamic in an instant and could easily have destroyed their careers.
  • Nudity in itself shouldn't be a problem really, we're all naked underneath. I went to a nudist village in France once, walking around completely starkers in a regular village with the gf at the time. Quite liberating tbh. It's out of context nudity that's the problem, don't subject unaware / unwilling folks to it.
  • Context is king here.
    It was in a place of work, Barrowman holds power as the star, he physically put his dick on people. It also sounds as though on occasions he might have been alone with the person.

This doesn't make him a monster, I believe his intentions weren't sexual. It is easy to see how it could make people uncomfortable though.

He doesn't need the full crucifixion by media but it is probably a joke that shouldn't have happened and I don't think would now.

edit: When I say it wouldn't happen now I mean not in the same way.
  • Deffo. People at work shouldn't be put in that position.

Unless they're footballers or similar, again, everyone loves a streaker, right? Right?

(am I cancelled?)
  • The position of power is also a factor ofc.
  • Lightyear, christ, that's a blast from the past.
  • nick_md wrote:
    The position of power is also a factor ofc.

It is a key thing in many of these cases. Physical, workplace, emotional all types of power.

Its why streakers fall into the funny category. They hold no power and are if anything vulnerable.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah there's many a Lightyear show I've stage dived and crowd surfed in the nuddy. You're absolutely right about the boner issue though, dynamic shifts and it becomes very creepy
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Seems John Barrowman has been shoved out of the Whoniverse by the Beeb after his backstage shinanigans came to light - he's been removed from the upcoming interactive Doctor Who experience he was announced to be involved with and Big Finish have cancelled his upcoming Torchwood audio play.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Context is king here.
    It was in a place of work, Barrowman holds power as the star, he physically put his dick on people. It also sounds as though on occasions he might have been alone with the person.

This doesn't make him a monster, I believe his intentions weren't sexual. It is easy to see how it could make people uncomfortable though.

He doesn't need the full crucifixion by media but it is probably a joke that shouldn't have happened and I don't think would now.

edit: When I say it wouldn't happen now I mean not in the same way.

Wha? Putting your dick on someone isn’t sexual? Even if the guy doing the dick flapping isn’t getting a sexual kick from it, I find it hard to imagine a reason that doesn’t have some form of sexuality to it, no matter how ambiguous. Even if he’s thrilled he’s got a big dick and he’s just showing it off, means it’s kinda hard to argue there isn’t a massive sexual power grab to the whole thing.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Context is king here. It was in a place of work, Barrowman holds power as the star, he physically put his dick on people. It also sounds as though on occasions he might have been alone with the person. This doesn't make him a monster, I believe his intentions weren't sexual. It is easy to see how it could make people uncomfortable though. He doesn't need the full crucifixion by media but it is probably a joke that shouldn't have happened and I don't think would now. edit: When I say it wouldn't happen now I mean not in the same way.
    Wha? Putting your dick on someone isn’t sexual? Even if the guy doing the dick flapping isn’t getting a sexual kick from it, I find it hard to imagine a reason that doesn’t have some form of sexuality to it, no matter how ambiguous. Even if he’s thrilled he’s got a big dick and he’s just showing it off, means it’s kinda hard to argue there isn’t a massive sexual power grab to the whole thing.
    This is what I meant by that.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Too many hards in Uncle’s getting your dick out observations for my liking.
    Things can only get better.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    *makes mental note never to put my dick on my favourite uncle*
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    *makes mental note never to put my dick on my favourite uncle*

Normally the other way round.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    *makes mental note never to put my favourite dick on my uncle*

Normally the other way round.

Like this?

• This thread is making me feel uncle dick.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
  • Jesus fucking tucker gif. It will be easier to compile a list of rich people who aren't utter shitters at this rate.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Jesus fucking tucker gif. It will be easier to compile a list of rich people who aren't utter shitters at this rate.
    Duh.
  • Shit, does this mean we have to cancel xbox as well?
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Shit, does this mean we have to cancel xbox as well?

This why they never made any games for it.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Jesus fucking tucker gif. It will be easier to compile a list of rich people who aren't utter shitters at this rate.

I mean - can we not be 100% crystal clear that anyone who has a personal fortune of $1B+ is morally repugnant? No matter what pledges they make for their future fortunes (check the Ts&Cs), no matter what pet projects they decide to take on with their money. Be aware that a few billion can genuinely solve huge long term problems in various 3rd world countries just like that; that you could take every homeless child off the streets of the US in an instant and provide them with life chances with a fraction of that.

Billionaires are deeply morally suspect - it is surely only the protection that their money affords which prevents more horrible stories of their depravity going public
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Shit, does this mean we have to cancel xbox as well?

Imagine if we had to cancel Windows.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Jobs for the boys.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • in this case it just sounds like Gates is your common or garden lecher, not by itself worthy of so-called cancellation (but I would welcome an explanation of how one cancels a billionaire). The mere fact that he is a billionaire, and has been for decades, tells you all you need to know about his moral compass
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Jobs for the boys.

Not him too
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    in this case it just sounds like Gates is your common or garden lecher

I read elsewhere that he stopped the night at Epstein's and that it was this Epstein/paedo link that finished off the marriage.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Jobs for the boys.

Not him too

Chuffed you got it Reg!
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!