The Elden Ring progress chat and help group (using spoiler tags)
  • I absolutely love how you can avoid the castle completely and just go round it if you wish.. Fantastic design.
    What??!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I absolutely love how you can avoid the castle completely and just go round it if you wish.. Fantastic design.
    What??!

You can go round the entire side of it and bypass it. You still have to do it at some point, but yeah.
  • Rev wrote:
    Wonderful Jon. I must admit I panicked when you were down to zero health.
    Yeah, I thought I was dead for a second. I always need that bit of luck.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I killed a giant as he took me out same time. Comical. I smiled until I realised the game didn’t give me the runes for killing him.
  • I absolutely love how you can avoid the castle completely and just go round it if you wish.. Fantastic design.
    What??!

You can go round the entire side of it and bypass it. You still have to do it at some point, but yeah.
    Yep, this is what I did. Will go back at some point but there is plenty to explore in that direction. And the other direction.

And every other direction.

• This game is soooo good, i'm really glad I took the plunge despite not getting on with prior From games. I've just been warped to another area on the map, everything is fuck off nope... but sneaking/running through it all is just as exhilarating. 

That was an awesome video to watch JonB... just shows how patient I need to be during combat more than anything... I haven't really tackled anything bigger than me yet lol. 

Where do you find the wolves summon (or any?)
  • Gamermike wrote:
    That was an awesome video to watch JonB... just shows how patient I need to be during combat more than anything... I haven't really tackled anything bigger than me yet lol.  Where do you find the wolves summon (or any?)
    I'm sure those no need to take it that slow, but I tend to figure out a couple of openings and wait for him to do the right moves. The rest I'm just trying to stay back. I'm sure it's possible to get stuck in.

I can't remember where the wolves were from, but it must have been somewhere quite early on. Maybe after beating a mini boss in one of the caves?
  • JonB wrote:
    Gamermike wrote:
    That was an awesome video to watch JonB... just shows how patient I need to be during combat more than anything... I haven't really tackled anything bigger than me yet lol.  Where do you find the wolves summon (or any?)
    I'm sure those no need to take it that slow, but I tend to figure out a couple of openings and wait for him to do the right moves. The rest I'm just trying to stay back. I'm sure it's possible to get stuck in. I can't remember where the wolves were from, but it must have been somewhere quite early on. Maybe after beating a mini boss in one of the caves?

Ah I think i know where you mean actually - I've activated the checkpoint there but not ventured in yet. Will try that tonight, cheers.
  • The wolves were from the witch at the Church - can't recall the name, but it's on the map not too far from where you start out. Think you need to be able to summon Torrent before she appears though?
  • Nah, that’s the bell. Probably in the catacombs nearby? The cave around there had the flamedraje talisman.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Oh damn, a quick little session this evening had so much content. It started with me hunting down the Twinblade after seeing a few articles about it online…
    Spoiler:
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • So glad to hear my jellyfish buddy is getting some love.  I'd be lost without him.

Amazing game.  So much better than my day job.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • 9 hours in, level 41 and this game just keeps getting better and better
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Jesus level 41 after 9 hours Wooks???? I'm level 25 and 20 hours in, and just beaten Margit tonight. I've been everywhere man.
  • 20 hours. Level 30. Beaten first main mission and did some exploring now doing jolly co op.
  • Question about co-op spoils. 
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Had a good sesh. Got to the
    Spoiler:
    But also did some caves and got my first two
    Spoiler:
    so now can buy upgrade stuff.

Can't believe it missed so much best the start ...
    Spoiler:

Scenes were had
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Question about co-op spoils. 
    Spoiler:

Until you die I think.

• Castle is huge innit
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yeah I’ve played 20 hours and a lot of that was in the castle! I think think I’ve got everything from it though. Ran past a badass enemy but will go back and fight it at some point.
  • Is that the
    Spoiler:

Lots of wind attack enemies. Like the eagles and their knives. Then I got down into the basement of the castle after doing some parkour. I'm really liking the lack of tunnel forced direction in this game.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Nope. It’s the
    Spoiler:
  • Jesus level 41 after 9 hours Wooks???? I'm level 25 and 20 hours in, and just beaten Margit tonight. I've been everywhere man.

Yea I found a cheese spot to farm some runes.
    Spoiler:
  • Ha ha that's fucking classic cheese souls Wook I love it! I've been to that place too but the fucking
    Spoiler:
    shit the life out of me and then I got smacked up by some
    Spoiler:
  • Ha ha that's fucking classic cheese souls Wook I love it! I've been to that place too but the fucking
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    How did you get there? There's a whole quest line that
    Spoiler:
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Ha ha that's fucking classic cheese souls Wook I love it! I've been to that place too but the fucking
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Just use the amazing dagger Miséricorde (found in Stormveil Castle), with the 140 crit modifier they practically go down with one backstab. It's the perfect secondary close quarters weapon, always ready to riposte and backstab everyone stronger than you to death.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's enormous. Discovered a whole new massive bit near the start which I'd somehow missed!
    Spoiler:

I also now seem to be wielding six stone key things. Been past one for ages ago but can't remember where... but hopefully useful stock for later!

Gonna keep on this but cos I'm vaguely the right level for it, then the other castle boss...
  • JonB wrote:
    Ha ha that's fucking classic cheese souls Wook I love it! I've been to that place too but the fucking
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    How did you get there? There's a whole quest line that
    Spoiler:

I've no idea how I got there but I walked for a very long time through lots of
    Spoiler:

Anyone explored
    Spoiler:
    yet?

Chiefly the
    Spoiler:

This game just doesn't stop.
  • What are the chances of this? Not having a photo mode, I resorted to taking a screen capture on Xbox. Only just noticed that it’s the same scene as the painting I found! Great minds etc.
  • Cleared Fort Haight and got a second half of a medallion.
    So went back because I thought I would farm the place to get some upgrades so I can use pyro, and the place is now empty. No enemies at all. Kind of freaked me out a bit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!