The Elden Ring progress chat and help group (using spoiler tags)
  • I’ve got this weird head that says “hello”. What’s the use for that?! Spoiler tags if you need to. Thanks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I’ve got this weird head that says “hello”. What’s the use for that?! Spoiler tags if you need to. Thanks.

It’s an item, use it when in coop and your partners will hear “hello”. They’re from DS2.
  • Orly? Forgot DkS2, lol. I was expecting something more than that!
  • You need to be given a bell before you can summon ashes as well. But you should have got it early on.

I've just reached Godrick (?) and had a quick go. Managed to beat phase one on my second try, but didn't get much of a look at phase two. He's got some of those really annoying attacks which I hate in these games where it delays unnaturally to throw you off your timing. Like a stuttered run up when someone's taking a penalty - there's a reason those were banned.

The castle though
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, this is pretty much everything I could have wanted. Unless some of the bosses start to piss me off, it's probably going to be a new best game ever for me.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've been pegging it everywhere on the horse today. Clearly areas I'm way underlevelled for. Lot of deaths but scalped a lot of good things as I rode by spamming Y.

Game is ridiculous. Utterly fucking ridiculous. Scale is hard to wrap my head around.
  • @JonB lol I didn’t have the bell! But just stumbled across it when I just went back to fight the Tree Sentinel (and still got pwnd).
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I feel like I’m tip toeing around compared to everyone else. I’ve only just got up to the Storm Shack. Haven’t met a proper boss yet. I have been bumbling around a lot. Was offline and still got invaded. Went back to pick up my runes and realised it was an NPC invader as it reappeared at exactly the same spot.
  • NPC invasion fucked me too. I’m offline on SeX cos it refuses to log into the game server for some reason. 

Got invaded after I beat a boss and went somewhere else, died, and couldn’t get back there to reclaim all those runes I got from beating the boss! CUNT!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Shoulda just beat the npc lololol
  • Got my first boss soul equivalent. After that I managed to figure out how to
    Spoiler:
  • I've been pegging it everywhere on the horse today. Clearly areas I'm way underlevelled for. Lot of deaths but scalped a lot of good things as I rode by spamming Y.

Game is ridiculous. Utterly fucking ridiculous. Scale is hard to wrap my head around.

That Yak is pretty much essential for any new area. It's almost like From intended for you to have a tear around on your mount to get a guage of the gaff before you start exploring. That Yak is also just fun as fuck to double jump about without it feeling gamey or silly. I dunno how, but From have somehow mastered getting about at a good pace without it feeling cheap. There is platforming involved with Torrent and it's actually fun to try to get places but also scary as fuck. You probably don't need to do any of it. Ever.

I'm struggling to find where the borders of the map are. It's extremely intricate and gigantic.I feel like I'm missing stuff just charging through places but you definitely can and the game doesn't penalise you. You can come unstuck if you're foolish enough - even on your yak. You will get stamped. If you keep on, the further you go the more crazy it gets. I wonder what a no fast travel speedrun would look like in this game. The problem I'm having is actually killing things to get runes because most of the time I'm running away lol. Everything is terrifying. :)

I wonder what Miyamoto would make of this game. There are occasions where they've nearly cracked that feeling here. Hard to say what it is but it's a thing for sure.

It's magic.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cunt would put an insta fail stealth section in.
  • Tree knight thingy down, after around 6 hours (I did other things and came back). Was a good battle.
  • I’m not particularly far in, spent a few hours just exploring etc.

So I don’t know if people are alluding to the same place, but there’s a transport to ‘further place’ on the map and…

Holy fucking mother of god. Just rode around on the mount but it was terrifying.
  • This game is great. I thought I’d hate it but so far so good. Reminds me of Zelda Botw in terms of how I play (sneak about, running away, exploring) and the world.

After 3 hours of mostly pottering about I’ve got my horse and just used it to blast around quickly and holy shit did I stumble on things. Just spent some runes levelling up HP, no idea what I’m doing stats wise tbh.
  • Anyone else got the
    Spoiler:

I'm just happy to be wandering about.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah, it's my go to right now Rev. Love it.
  • Weapon stuff. Finding it hard to decide between...

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Think I’m just gonna stick with my starter weapon and upgrade it. Can’t be bothered with other weapons.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s what I’m doing. Gone for the strength and dex scaling. Taking a hit initially on base damage but the gains with XP are better.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm using my DkS friend
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I can't remember all the vendors I've found & what kinds of things they were selling.

I've used my stone keys unlocking stuff that's but great for my build.

Schoolboy stuff on both counts, really...
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    NPC invasion fucked me too. I’m offline on SeX cos it refuses to log into the game server for some reason. 

Got invaded after I beat a boss and went somewhere else, died, and couldn’t get back there to reclaim all those runes I got from beating the boss! CUNT!

If you quick resume, that’s the reason as I think it loses con tot the servers. I have to shut the game down all the time.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    To the surprise of absolutely no one, I can confirm that our favourite backstabber
    Spoiler:
    is alive and well.

The encounter itself, however, is one of the best yet.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Silke wrote:
    To the surprise of absolutely no one, I can confirm that our favourite backstabber
    Spoiler:
    is alive and well.

The encounter itself, however, is one of the best yet.
    Oh those conts at Kotaku decided to spoil that in an article on their site. Wnakers.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Godrick down. That was a great fight. Much more fun than Margit.

I've also done another proper boss today, which was quite straightforward, although I assume it's optional. In the 'river' area (don't want to say more than that):
    Spoiler:
  • I’ve done that spoilered one, and have also been
    Spoiler:
    a second time. Fought and eventually beat a fairly tough boss there.
  • @JonB hmm I somehow found Margit more fun although much more of an actual cunt. Also… Goodrick was just disgusting!

I did go back to check an area I skipped. Jumped down to a place with rats and a giant swamp thing type beast thing that killed me pronto.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Currently at Soul Level 46 and rocking a Guardian's Swordspear +12, which i made Keen so i get 'A' added parameters off my Dexterity stat.

Been hunting down Giants just for shits & giggles. I even managed to '1-shot' a Catacombs boss with a Sword Dance combo (although that was definitely aided by the Magic Grease i applied based off a tip before the fog door).
  • Sounds like some of you lovely people aren't bothering to sleep.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!