The Elden Ring progress chat and help group (using spoiler tags)
  • Glad I missed the network test tbh.

I'm not sure on the fast travel just yet. So far I've been just noping out of a place if I feel like it's getting hairy and I'm gonna die. It's kind of taking away a bit of the peril. I'm aware that there are places where you can't do that but out in the open world it's a bit too easy to just warp back to a bonfire and level up. We'll see.

Has anyone actually managed to parry anything yet? My starting shield does the animation and it says it can parry, but I can't for the life of me parry even standard enemy soldiers. Not sure what's going on there...

I’ve not been bothering much with parries, much prefer the guard counters so far. Quick block followed by an R2 makes shield builds feel so much more proactive. Super impressed how they’ve seemingly brought back build variety after the melee dodge focus of previous games.
  • Loving the way bonfires are placed at the beginning of little dungeons / catacombs in this. Only done one, and got absolutely wrecked by a boss, but the speed to get back meant that I just kept trying. Took a good 10-15 tries in all, but finally downed the fucker. Probably could have gone elsewhere and figured out how to level up but…was just so easy to have one more go…

Good times.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    CHARACTERS PLEASE GUYS

I went Wretch. Undies and a big bastard sword so far.

d70c027ea83096ae5ce8828339ca04a9.png
  • CHARACTERS PLEASE GUYS

I went Wretch. Undies and a big bastard sword so far.

d70c027ea83096ae5ce8828339ca04a9.png

Does he do hen parties?
  • I've also gone for Confessor. No reason really, just liked the look of it.

I managed to reach one of the small islands off the main chunk and found something there that I'd definitely like to give a try, though, and it requires reasonably high faith, so maybe it was a good choice.

At the moment I've just gone right back to the start
    Spoiler:
  • Early days but I'm getting my arse kicked as a wretch with no shield, 1 piece of armour, and the club.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just found my first 'loop' back to an area I'd already been, which was completely unexpected. Nice loot too. Fucking love From's design.
  • I only managed to play an hour of this but loved what I played. Vagabond with the classic sword and shield combo for me.

Had a few goes on the big horse guy at the start and got him to half health which I was proud of. Little bit of exploring. It’s incredible-just an incredible game.

Off away now but already, I cant stop thinking about going back to it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Axe bloke with axe for me. Dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I have to talk about what just happened to me...
    Spoiler:

Absolutely mental.

I've also discovered an area...
    Spoiler:

I had to click your spoiler as I felt it was going to be exactly what I did.
    Spoiler:

Feel like I’m fucked now. Thought this was supposed to be more accessible!!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Here’s my dude. He looks depressed because of where I’ve ended up.

9-FC3-FD86-3483-45-F4-986-B-335-E5-B0-CFDE0.jpg
  • Just did a proper roadblock boss. Think he was in the network test, not sure.
    Spoiler:

Jesus fucking Christ, that was tricky.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ok it possibly is a bit more accessible. Looks like as long as you are in the right area you can teleport to previous Graces.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've been doing nothing but exploring all day (maybe 8 hours on my main build) and i've uncovered (but only seen a tiny fraction of) the entire map. 

To say its massive is an understatement! The amount of crazy looking monstrosities i've bumped into, then hastily galloped away from is almost comical. There's soooooo much content here its hard to comprehend! 

Only now, as i'm resting and thinking about it, its dawning on me how immense this game actually is.
  • I haven't even bothered with the first main boss yet, and I'm over 5 hours in. Just gone off in completely different directions to the network test and found all kinds of fun stuff.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Pretty much the same here five hours exploring, only one dungeon boss down. I’ve collected so much stuff and the much of it I don’t know what to do with.

I can see the Breath of Wild comparisons, running into camps is a lot of fun.
    Things can only get better.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Spoiler:

Absolutely mental.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah, I’ve been there and
    Spoiler:
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    I've been doing nothing but exploring all day (maybe 8 hours on my main build) and i've uncovered (but only seen a tiny fraction of) the entire map.  To say its massive is an understatement! The amount of crazy looking monstrosities i've bumped into, then hastily galloped away from is almost comical. There's soooooo much content here its hard to comprehend!  Only now, as i'm resting and thinking about it, its dawning on me how immense this game actually is.

It is the best game.

I've wandered outside the network test area and subsequently had my arse handed to me by a boss that I'm, ridiculously underpowered for. Will be an incredible fight soon though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I…
    Spoiler:

So not all bad.

@Kernowgaz
  • I don't know whether to click on these spoilers or not. Some kind of context would be useful.

I just stopped for the day after going all the way down one of the later main paths, having not done the first one yet. Met the boss and decided to leave that for now.

One thing I'm noticing is how difficult it can be to level up. Even when you go to a later area, regular enemies aren't dropping many souls (or whatever it is now - runes?).

Anyway, this is stunningly good, in a way that didn't fully come through on the network test. I already have so many different possible set ups and styles of attack. Summoning wolves, chucking fireballs, special attacks and so on. And you can just pick and choose what kind of challenge you feel like at any given time, or take a break and explore in relative calm.
  • When I start I’m going to start a non spoiler tag thread. I suspect it will be on my own but id like to try to be part of a game where people approach spoilers less as ruination but adding mystery and flavour to others experiences.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    And here's my Wretch now, after an hour of particularly awesome battles:

i6nDJcY.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gotta be called The BatMan
  • Well... What I assume is the first proper boss
    Spoiler:
    is a total and utter bastard. Going elsewhere for a while now
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Just to the right of the opening area...
    Spoiler:

Which I legged it from, but then went through an area and opened a chest...
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    kestla wrote:
    Spoiler:

Do you actually want help? :D
  • kestla wrote:
    Spoiler:

Do you actually want help? :D

Lol, I certainly would've done if I'd been there much longer! :D

Managed to find an exit in the end! Love finding myself in the deep end! This game!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Forget what i said before. The map is even bigger than i thought.

Although I have definitely hit many "complete the story" roadblocks. And by roadblock i mean a gargantuan castle.

The scope of this game is hurting my brain.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Spoiler:

Absolutely mental.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Just realised that's where I ended up. Completely forgot about fast travel ffs! Spent half hour of hell in that place!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!