The Elden Ring progress chat and help group (using spoiler tags)
  • Yeah I went to bed at 1am!

(I got up at 10am though.)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Rev wrote:
    Sounds like some of you lovely people aren't bothering to sleep.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Rev wrote:
    Sounds like some of you lovely people aren't bothering to sleep.

And I'm starting to feel it too. Won't be getting much done gamewise next week so I'm living in the moment, at the moment.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • I have the week off work. Except I have two bits to still do which I’ll try and do tonight. And then I’m free. Except I decided to book myself a trip into London on Tuesday to see The Godfather in 4K. And off to see the in-laws. And then there’s The Batman on Sunday. 

This game is going to take me all year.
  • Holy Fuck.
    I seem to have been
    Spoiler:
    and I can't get back.
    The whole area is way beyond my skills however I have discovered
    Spoiler:
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Uncovered more East, all of South, and did the second major boss today.

Never been so in love with a game.
  • Holy Fuck.
    I seem to have been
    Spoiler:
    and I can't get back.
    Spoiler:

Found that as well myself. But like to know about the farming spot.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Rev wrote:
    Holy Fuck.
    I seem to have been
    Spoiler:
    and I can't get back.
    Spoiler:

Found that as well myself. But like to know about the farming spot.

There's a
    Spoiler:
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So met the “first” boss and yep, I’m not ready for him yet. But I got him to second form with help from the wizard. Then stupidly forgot to summon the wolves. Still don’t think I’d have fully taken him but I’d have been close. Off to level up once I get back home.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So met the “first” boss and yep, I’m not ready for him yet. But I got him to second form with help from the wizard. Then stupidly forgot to summon the wolves. Still don’t think I’d have fully taken him but I’d have been close. Off to level up once I get back home.

He's a bastard. Spent ages laying down my summons sign to help others try and beat him and in an hour not a single person survived.
    So many stupid decisions...
  • Yeah, he was fun times.
  • Helped a bunch of people do him - seems to be a proper roadblock for a lot of people.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Spoiler:

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Easy to miss, but if you head down the path away from the castle and towards the lake, you'll meet
    Spoiler:
  • Helped a bunch of people do him - seems to be a proper roadblock for a lot of people.

I think there was a similar character in bloodborne. Maybe it’s a point of design.
    I think there was a similar character in bloodborne. Maybe it’s a point of design.

Yar - Father Gasgcoine was defintely a parry check. Sure you could brute force him without using your gun but...you make the game harder for yourself overall. Thankfully in this you can go and grind a bit, go elsewhere, try out more stuff. Lets players set their own pace and level of challenge. Think it works really well overall. It's still hard, but not exclusionary or punishing. Super easy to try again, super easy to head in a different direction.
  • Rev wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Spoiler:

He is an utter bastard. Trouble is so many players I tried to help last night
    Spoiler:
  • lol I was scoping out the rooftops in the castle for some more hidden / off the track areas. Accidentally fell down and landed and died deep down in some area… I think it’s the other side of where I died last night. Looked… weird. 

Anyway. I can see a particular rooftop in the distance that might have something but need to figure out how to get there…
  • Rev wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • This game is incredible. I'm thinking about it all the time.
  • It works really well because of the choice factor. Yeah, you have to go ahead and face some bosses, but unlike the previous games where you where having to follow a distinct path, you are able to NOPE things until you feel more confident.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A bit annoying to be at work rn
  • Still exploring the castle. So many nooks and crannies! Got a good talisman. Now need to try that rooftop. And there’s still a locked door that doesn’t open from this side. And the bottom area of a lift that I can’t call. Died when I jumped down.
  • So met the “first” boss and yep, I’m not ready for him yet. But I got him to second form with help from the wizard. Then stupidly forgot to summon the wolves. Still don’t think I’d have fully taken him but I’d have been close. Off to level up once I get back home.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Ok. Think I’m done here. I ran past the
    Spoiler:

Also, can someone tell me if there is anything to the white light coming from
    Spoiler:
  • I think it’s just Some Lore Thing
  • Rev wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    That jellyfish is a badass.
    Here's me taking it slow and steady, slow and steady, then release the hounds:
    Spoiler:
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Played this way too late last night, first two bosses down, used jolly co-op to do it and helped others too. Lots of fun, as my reward I went exploring.
    Spoiler:

What a game.
    Things can only get better.
  • Wonderful Jon. I must admit I panicked when you were down to zero health.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I absolutely love how you can avoid the castle completely and just go round it if you wish.. Fantastic design.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!