The Elden Ring progress chat and help group (using spoiler tags)

• Anyone explored
    Spoiler:
    yet?

Chiefly the
    Spoiler:

This game just doesn't stop.

Yeah I did that a little while back, I quite enjoyed that area.

• acemuzzy wrote:
    It's enormous. Discovered a whole new massive bit near the start which I'd somehow missed!
    Spoiler:
    I also now seem to be wielding six stone key things. Been past one for ages ago but can't remember where... but hopefully useful stock for later! Gonna keep on this but cos I'm vaguely the right level for it, then the other castle boss...

I missed that too!  When I did eventually find it I was a little overlevelled for that area, but it was a nice change after struggling elsewhere.  

It's a huge and consistently great map.  I keep waiting to come across a shit bit but it hasn't happened.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • [/spoiler] Anyone explored
    Spoiler:
    yet? Chiefly the
    Spoiler:
    This game just doesn't stop.
    Yeah, I beat him last night after rather too many deaths. There seems to be much more to that area too, but I need to figure out how to access it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    It's enormous. Discovered a whole new massive bit near the start which I'd somehow missed!
    Spoiler:
    I also now seem to be wielding six stone key things. Been past one for ages ago but can't remember where... but hopefully useful stock for later! Gonna keep on this but cos I'm vaguely the right level for it, then the other castle boss...

I missed that too!  When I did eventually find it I was a little overlevelled for that area, but it was a nice change after struggling elsewhere.  

It's a huge and consistently great map.  I keep waiting to come across a shit bit but it hasn't happened.

Yeah definitely feeling easier than some other bits. Question:
    Spoiler:
  • JonB wrote:
    Ha ha that's fucking classic cheese souls Wook I love it! I've been to that place too but the fucking
    Spoiler:
    shit the life out of me and then I got smacked up by some
    Spoiler:
    How did you get there? There's a whole quest line that
    Spoiler:

I found a
    Spoiler:
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • JonB wrote:
    Ha ha that's fucking classic cheese souls Wook I love it! I've been to that place too but the fucking
    Spoiler:
    shit the life out of me and then I got smacked up by some
    Spoiler:
    How did you get there? There's a whole quest line that
    Spoiler:
    I found a
    Spoiler:
    It's probably the same way I got there. But I was told how to get there after
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Yeah definitely feeling easier than some other bits. Question:
    Spoiler:

Castle Morne spoilers:
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fuck knows, basically. Could be owt with a From game. Might need a trinket from the other end of the map, might have played out the way it has to and there's nothing to be done
  • Is Castle Morne supposed to be main part of game or side quest? Cos it was way too easy and not much happened. Got a great weapon though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Finally, some decent faith weapons! Started to feel like every area was full of nerds with blue lasers. Still haven't got a big holy mace but it's gotta be close.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I wandered all over the place properly for the first time last night and had some wonderful sights and scary moments. Still haven’t done the first boss but only tried twice and was lower level than I am now. Strength is up, weapon is upgraded as much as I can. Maybe a bit more stamina and I’m good to go me thinks.
  • So this is fire of frenzy taking down one of the minor bosses in Caelid.
    Spoiler:
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Is Castle Morne supposed to be main part of game or side quest? Cos those winged fuckers on the flaming mound keep kicking my arse and eventually i just ran past them. Got killed further on though.
    fixed that for me ;)

also castle morne has a great example of the unhelpful nonsense From seem to delight in - not resetting the lift at the grace sight. I wasn't even silly enough to accidentally fall in the shaft, just bored and frustrated having to call it each time (and usually triggering a message first since people spammed them all around the lever).
    I am getting into the game and getting enjoyment from it, but i do worry some of you have been in this abusive from relationship so long that you don't mind the odd punch in the ribs so long as it keeps bringing you flowers and telling you it loves you really but you deserved it. ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • On to my second big boss
    Spoiler:
    One of those where there's two phases and the first one is easy once you know how, but still takes a while. And for no reason at all there isn't a Marika statue outside the room, so we're back to the old days of having to run there every time.

Seems like a winnable fight otherwise, but stuff like this makes it a pain.
  • Help. I’m down the well. 
    Spoiler:
  • Maybe later in the game. But there’s also a huge area higher up to the east Northeast that I’m hoping to try and reach.
  • So victoire, onto the next 
    Spoiler:
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Lifts: if you respawn before one, make sure you send it back before you get off
  • JonB wrote:
    On to my second big boss
    Spoiler:
    One of those where there's two phases and the first one is easy once you know how, but still takes a while. And for no reason at all there isn't a Marika statue outside the room, so we're back to the old days of having to run there every time. Seems like a winnable fight otherwise, but stuff like this makes it a pain.
    Done. Wolves to the rescue again.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Help. I’m down the well. 
    Spoiler:

Question mark: Later
  • Cheers
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Please tell me someone is actually gonna sell smithing stones at some point.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Silke wrote:
    Spoiler:
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Silke wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    After an embarrassingly high number of tries Magrit is down. The castle definitely now feels like a proper souls game.
  • It’s a-maze-ing. See what I did there? SEE?!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!