Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm not sure I've ever been as insulted in all my years of posting with you lot. Congrats Liv, I'm impressed.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Here's most of my collection. Planning on getting some fitted shelving this year to replace the crappy old IKEA bookshelf. We have really tall ceilings so can make use of the space much better I reckon, and finally rid the living room of the games that Mrs Pea hates being in there.*
    Spoiler:

*see also the ones...erm...in my wardrobe and...erm...the loft.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Criterion films.

Folio Books.

Poetry.

Music on vinyl.

I am being very selective - it's very easy for me to lose control. My poetry "collection" is more of a by-product of my reading habits now.

I have actually stopped collecting retro videogames. I'm now a custodian of a collection. I don't forsee me buying much more for any old console. I can think of 2 or maybe 3 games I'd like to buy - one of them being stupidly priced (Battle Garegga for Saturn).
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like buying most tat that is connected with Asteroids. Mugs, keyrings etc.
  • The worst thing to do with collecting is try to be a completionist.
    That leads to spending silly money on what is more often than not utter crap you would never normally bother with.
  • We’ve also got a handful of Folio Society books, funnily enough we purchased our first one after I read DavyK’s post a while back about his copy of A Christmas Carol…

…just need to post the invoice over to you for reimbursement right, DavyK?
  • I watched this the other day. Jonathon Ross' toy collection. Pretty nuts. It's an hour long but even jumping around you'll get an idea of how massive the collection is.

https://youtu.be/ZvhtsYP-_wI
  • Watched that last week. His enthusiasm for it is great.
  • Yeah I thought so too. Infectious enthusiasm.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's a collection or an addiction though.

I wasn't aware there was a difference. ;)
    LastAnt wrote:
    Absolutely pointless collection really, but hey ho!

Totally useless. Unlike my Dreamcast collection, which heals the sick. Tru fax.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's a collection or an addiction though.
    I wasn't aware there was a difference. ;)

In that case it's definitely a collection.

• lastant wrote:
    Realised during lockdown that I wasn’t too far off having a full run of home shirts, then realised it wasn’t that much further to get a full run of aways (and thirds) too…

FXZtKKgXoAE_ry7?format=jpg&name=large

…need to add this year’s three, but once done will have every home, away and third shirt from the 1992/93 (need a few more to get every home shirt since I was born).

Absolutely pointless collection really, but hey ho!

Do you wear them?
  • God help ant if Norwich ever get Castore. Fuck me.
  • God help ant if Norwich ever get Castore. Fuck me.

They were heavily tipped to be taking over from Errea this season but we ended up with Joma. Sounds like we dodged a bullet all things considered.

Do you wear them?

Have worn some of them over the years but tend to not often wear colours at football to save any issues with getting into pubs etc. 

Nice to have them, but I'm not convinced they'll be much of a pension...pretty sure the market for retro shirts is purely down to people like me reaching their forties with disposable income combining with nostalgia for their youth!

Dad's got decades worth of the old Norwich Pink 'Uns up in the loft back at home...long term plan there is to scan them all so they're saved for posterity - social history as much as anything else.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    lastant wrote:
    We’ve also got a handful of Folio Society books, funnily enough we purchased our first one after I read DavyK’s post a while back about his copy of A Christmas Carol…

…just need to post the invoice over to you for reimbursement right, DavyK?

Heh.....there's a revision of that now that comes in a slipcase but I'm not biting!!!!!

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I have lots of…stuff. Books and games especially, but never really thought of myself as a collector. I suppose the closest I’ve got to anything specific is my Legend of Zelda stuff (which is a long way from exhaustive) and my Clive Barker comics, which I started picking up in the early nineties, and have only recently started working to complete. I’m actually looking to de-clutter now. It’s all just a bit much and I’ll never properly appreciate it all.
    Get schwifty.
  • For the last 4 years, I've collected the odd Nintendo game - not obsessively, but definitely on the look out more often now than I used to as a guilty hobby.

It all began when I found a couple of N64 games in spiffing condition in a local charity shop about 5 years back. I sold them on for a decent amount which encouraged me to invest in more when I can, with the idea of seeking out bargains, sitting on them for 10 years or so and selling on.

I've now amassed 48 sealed games - the criteria being; Nintendo main line games only (so Mario, Zelda, Metroid + their many spin offs, and then to a lesser extent Kirby, Donkey Kong etc) and definitely no tears/splits in the plastic. These are all Gamecube - Wii U era including handhelds plus some SE/LE big boxes (but less fussed on those). I only really have 10-15 more that I really want to get hold of. I buy these, bubble wrap them up, and store them away. In terms of value so far, some have significantly increased (Gamecube, Wii U and some 3DS) but I'm in no hurry to sell them. 

More recently, I've began collecting/searching for absolute mint condition N64/SNES games... peoples idea of 'Mint' wildly vary but I've been quite strict with them looking very clean/brand new. I've been less fussy on the type of game - but so far they are all either games I had as a youngster or games I really wanted but never got to play. N64 is at 12 games now. SNES is at 5 but A LOT harder to find. I refuse to pay silly money so this is a slow burner; but I display/play these and generally find the process a lot more enjoyable.

And just recently - I started collecting sealed Zelda amiibos. No real reason other than I think they may go up in value over time and they will look good bundled with some of the collection when I come to sell them.
  • I own lots of clothes but I wouldn't call it Collecting. Just being profligate.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I can report on my games collection breakdown in different ways due to the software I use.

Wii = 76
    Saturn = 68
    Dreamcast = 55
    PS2 = 49
    SNES = 48
    Gamecube = 48
    MD = 31
    PS1 = 27
    N64 = 25
    360 = 23
    Switch = 16
    GB = 9
    GBA = 7
    2600 = 6
    7800 = 5

shooters = 96
    puzzle = 90

11 Tetris games
    10 Mario games
    7 Mario Kart
    7 Street Fighter

71 Nintendo
    26 Capcom
    19 Sega
    15 Taito
    12 AM2
    11 Team Sonic
    11 Konami
    10 Cave
    8 AM3
    6 Amusement Vision
    6 Treasure
    6 Namco

127 EU
    93 JP
    17 US.

...and so on.
  • Where do you find the space?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Thats an awesome collection. 

My nans spare room is an absolute treasure trove of NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube games that I always keep meaning to pick up and go through, theres definitely a decent value in games sitting there... but my grandad was an absolute chain smoker, I'm almost certain those games will be caked in musty smelling tobacco which would put me off buying let alone selling.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Where do you find the space?!

Ikea shelves. It's actually quite neat but it is a dedicated room. It's down to just half of what I used to have.

Meant to say - all boxed with manuals etc apart from the 7800 games , and the GB/GBA games.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The inevitable picture

games2023.jpg
  • Very nice Davy.

See if I had shelves like those I would HAVE to fill them lol.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Beautiful.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nice. I've got two storage dreams that will never happen. 1. A big enough room to store stuff that requires a slidey ladder to access all of it. 2. A bookcase covering (hiding) the stairs to my loft conversion that's also a door.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!