adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Played a lot of this today - honestly think it’ll end up being a proper marmite FF, but I’m loving it.

I honestly think every FF will end up being a marmite FF if they keep making them at the current rate. I think it’s a series that’s really ill-suited to a once-a-generation release cadence. Get multiple teams churning out games every two years. Reiterate on a few different ideas for gameplay formulas instead of chucking it away each time without any attempt at refinement. Accept that stories won’t always land and to a certain extent you need to hit lots of pitches to score home runs regularly.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m enjoying it. But having said that I’ve only pointless around the hideaway and done the side quests. About to head to continue the main quest now. Whoever said the ATL system is good was right. With my old memory it’s a great QOL idea that all RPGs should now copy.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This just plays so well. Love the way Clive moves around the combat area when you are surrounded. I’ve not found anything particularly tricky yet but I’m sure that will come.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I died in the first fight, but I am playing with one eye thanks to allergic conjunctivitis. Look that up, pulling white mucus threads from my eye is absolutely great fun
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm going to really struggle with Cid's voice
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    * puts mucus threads in ears *
  • When you get a chance to name a character (is that still a thing?), please make it Mucus.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I know why that Famitsu guy knocked a point off now. There's a guy with a mackem twang in the hideout. Rotten
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The graphics are fantastic in the forest area - it’s lovely for Final Fantasy to feel cutting edge again.

Sounds like the day one patch didn’t fix performance mode. Apparently the reason the framerate stops tanking in battle in performance mode is because the resolution reduces to 720p. 720p!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Switch port time?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I think I need to go back to some older FF to see what they used to be like.
    I'm enjoying this but it feels like a slower story-focussed Devil May Cry than an RPG. FFVII remake had a similar feel too in how linear it was for the most part.

The spectacle when things kick off in this is insane though. Top work there
  • When you get a chance to name a character (is that still a thing?), please make it Mucus.

There’s a character in the game called Gav, fyi.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    30fps? 720p?

BURN IT.
  • First post-demo act was pretty high octane. I am really all over this music.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    The graphics are fantastic in the forest area - it’s lovely for Final Fantasy to feel cutting edge again.

Sounds like the day one patch didn’t fix performance mode. Apparently the reason the framerate stops tanking in battle in performance mode is because the resolution reduces to 720p. 720p!

Well they did say only the Ps5 could run it, if it was on Series X it would be 480p.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Vela wrote:
    First post-demo act was pretty high octane. I am really all over this music.

Soken is an actual genius - a proper heir to Uematsu and, imo, the best composer in games today.
  • Dude made more than 230 tracks for this game!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Been back and forth on Graphics vs. Performance and have decided to stick to Graphics for now. Even in the hideaway when you head to the bar the frame rate really tanks in performance mode.

Also, VRR is not proper VRR, it's the same issue Elden Ring had, as VRR on PS5 has to be between 48fps and 120fps to work, when it drops below this, you get stuttering. Good devs (Insomniac) have created patches to extend this range, SE are the vast majority of devs who haven't.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2022-ps5-vrr-update-tested-and-discussed
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Almost bought it. Fomo'd

Didn't. Still an alpha. Can smell the thread from here.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    30fps.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    30fps.

Combat is 60 in performance mode, which is enough for me. Frame rate could be better during world traversal which is a shame but I’ve had zero issues during the parts where frame rate matters.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    30fps.

Combat is 60 in performance mode, which is enough for me. Frame rate could be better during world traversal which is a shame but I’ve had zero issues during the parts where frame rate matters.

I'm on performance mode (always) only noticed it chugging a little once.
    Never noticed it drop resolution or anything but I am getting old.
    PlayStation says iv done 13 hours so far!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I managed to squeeze in a little time on this this morning, just about making it to the hideaway before I had to pack it in. Was pretty disinterested in the mass of cutscenes, and that first eikon battle was all show and next to no gameplay. Still, I feel like I may yet grow to really enjoy it. The jury for now is out. Should get a decent chunk of time on it tomorrow.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Got to be a bit of Monster Hunter lineage in here too? Just had a scrap in the forest and I might as well have been playing MHW
  • DUE FOR DELIVERY TODAY! I'll get to play it tonight after all, yippee!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    I managed to squeeze in a little time on this this morning, just about making it to the hideaway before I had to pack it in. Was pretty disinterested in the mass of cutscenes, and that first eikon battle was all show and next to no gameplay. Still, I feel like I may yet grow to really enjoy it. The jury for now is out. Should get a decent chunk of time on it tomorrow.

This was Skillups main complaint - he basically said it's like A Realm Reborn's un-filtered MSQ which yeah, if you know you know - it ain't good :P
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    When you get a chance to name a character (is that still a thing?), please make it Mucus.

There’s a character in the game called Gav, fyi.

Got a shan fake Geordie accent though
  • Are folk enjoying this?

I thought the demo was 'okay' and I always like something new to play, but my concerns around the world being hollow and some of the action being all show (see above), is something that's being reported by some, whereas others are saying it's very good. While I guess it's subjective, I can't see how it can be both when RPG's rely on world building and combat.

Which side of the fence does this fall on for you?

Edit: When I mean world building, I don't mean the story/world, that looks really good, I mean what you 'do' in the world when exploring.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm enjoying the feel of the combat, it's certainly more button bashy, so far, than even FFVII Intergrade, but the feel of the movement of Clive is spot on. As for the world, it's too early days to tell, but not a lot to do yet except follow the main quest, do some side fetch quests, and pick up some trinkets along the way. It sure looks pretty though.
  • Let’s go!

D5-A79095-196-A-4-DE8-B9-B7-54-DC97547011.jpg
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!