Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Definite tension in the scene I just watched.
  • Stayed up very late playing this last night, but it was worth it. Managed to get a fair chunk of time in thanks to a 3-day weekend (though I'm working today and got thursday off instead and, anyway...). 

Currently sitting at 65% story completion and so i'm quite a way through the game and ahead of most - trophy completion stats seem to corroborate this. I felt that after a roller coaster first several hours, that it sagged a bit. The side-quests didn't help much and there was a lot of to and fro. That, for me, was probably the weakest part of the game thus far and I can imagine some people feeling disappointed coming off the back of the first act and demo content. 

It gets its hook in, though, and the last 10 hours or so have been utterly wild. The set-pieces, the plot, the character moments, THE SET PIECES AGAIN, the dialogue, the voice acting, THE SET PIECES. Just so fucking good. Love it.
  • This game man, it just outdid god of war in the god of war games!
    It's a rollercoaster.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s me done for two weeks :-(

Holiday calls.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I fitted an hour in this morning and got to Kaer Morhen or whatever it’s called. Mostly at the moment I’m just bored.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well I guess I need to buy this for the pile now
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Well I guess I need to buy this for the pile now

Yes, you do.  Great stuff so far.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Frame rate gets on my tits at times. Seems fine in battle at 60, which is the important thing I suppose, but between that and the aggressive motion blur it's not as nice as it should be.

Loot drops are still cack. 10Gil or less? Scarcely worth tilting the stick from the main path is it?

And how many super special secret club badges am I supposed to be wearing? Feel like a cub scout, both my sleeves will be full soon.

Everything else is cock on though, just a few grumbles
  • Yeah, the entire item / weapon / armour economy is utterly pointless. World pickups and chests feel like they’re included because otherwise they cut too much? I dunno.

Rest of the game is solid.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just got a blue sash in a chest which is better than my purple one, could have knocked me down with a feather. You keep your purple stuff though right? For crafting and stuff?
  • Yeah, I keep everything that isn’t tagged as good for selling. Even though Gil seems to be mainly useful for orchestron rolls and the “valuables” sell for fuck all.

Also sell green weapons and armour.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Without spoiling, if I'm buying this this weekend, anyone know the rough hour time sink?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Without spoiling, if I'm buying this this weekend, anyone know the rough hour time sink?

I’m at 30 hours and it feels like things are moving on but there’s still a bit to go. Maybe 35-45?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    OK, I can do that this summer
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If anyone clears and wants to sell their copy etc etc
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Things I'm reminded of while playing this:

The Witcher 3
    Elden Ring
    Devil May Cry
    Castlevania

Not in any order and not that they play exactly like this, but there's definitely echoes here and there. And it's all in that comforting, nostalgia tickling FF style. Winner
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Definitely should have kept my trap shut about loot. Just had a chest give me a better sword stats wise, but it doesn't match my outfit as well as the old one. Pain
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Within the spoiler is a boss name, fuck all else is spoiled if you want to peek at it to see if you've beat it then back out if not. The rest of the spoilery stuff is behind another tag.
    Spoiler:

Summoning an enormous amount of willpower, I managed to stop there and not carry on the rollercoaster ride, as much as I wanted to. I need me bed
  • Within the spoiler is a boss name, fuck all else is spoiled if you want to peek at it to see if you've beat it then back out if not. The rest of the spoilery stuff is behind another tag.
    Spoiler:
    Summoning an enormous amount of willpower, I managed to stop there and not carry on the rollercoaster ride, as much as I wanted to. I need me bed

Yup, that entire section from tops from start to finish.
  • Was getting a bit confused by a cutscene. And then I remembered the Active Time Lore. What a godsend
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It is a great feature.
  • This is Thronesy as fuck innit? Just met wor Gav and played through to the start of Caer thingy. Lots to like so far but chomping at the but for the game to open up.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gav is chomping at the but too
  • Just competed the Caer bit
    Spoiler:

Not had too much time to play this but really enjoying it considering how linear it is, reminds me of The Witcher 2 of it being linear but with some side quests.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Fuck me these side quests are fucking garbage, is it worth doing any?

Just got to
    Spoiler:
    all the quests involve going to an area kill enemies and come back or give people plates of food - are they taking the piss?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!