Final Fantasy XVI - an all-action RPG - June 22nd - PS5
  • Iv just rolled credits.
    Game progress 100% played 71 hours according to psn.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What does psn show time played?

I've now had my second sesh and really enjoying it so far. Only just doing stuff in Lostwing, so very early days, but thumbs up so far. Trying to be sensible with upgrades, no really hard battles so far but they still make you work a little.
  • acemuzzy wrote:

To the right below the game on home screen.
  • Also, can go to Profile and then Games and see time played for all games.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 12 hours played. Just did a ‘pivotal moment’.
  • acemuzzy wrote:

I've now had my second sesh and really enjoying it so far. Only just doing stuff in Lostwing, so very early days, but thumbs up so far. Trying to be sensible with upgrades, no really hard battles so far but they still make you work a little.

I have not been sensible with upgrades, and have just got stuff I can afford.

This is great. Thought having
    Spoiler:
    to heal would mean end of potions but he just tops up the bit of bar you've just lost. Still means having to use some in the bigger fights.

Game looks gorgeous too.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • digi wrote:
    To the right below the game on home screen.

Yeah, this is how i do it. Home button, head to main screen and have the game up at the one selected - look for little box on right side with the number. Also, congrats on finishing it! Final thoughts? 
    hylian_elf wrote:
    12 hours played. Just did a ‘pivotal moment’.
    Yeah boi! That part was great and, for me, was the "The real Dark Souls starts here" moment for the game.
    MattyJ wrote:
    What does psn show time played? I've now had my second sesh and really enjoying it so far. Only just doing stuff in Lostwing, so very early days, but thumbs up so far. Trying to be sensible with upgrades, no really hard battles so far but they still make you work a little.
    I have not been sensible with upgrades, and have just got stuff I can afford. This is great. Thought having
    Spoiler:
    to heal would mean end of potions but he just tops up the bit of bar you've just lost. Still means having to use some in the bigger fights. Game looks gorgeous too.

Yeah, the heal isn't super strong there, though i usually have it up as my default rather than haver potions immediately available - i just keep clicking the heal button between hits and attacks whenever possible. Doesn't do much but maybe saves me a potion over the course of a longer fight.

That's actually the only timely ring I use
    Spoiler:
    as it just avoids faff on the d-pad. Then i'll manually ping heal on top of that if necessary.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Exactly what I decided to do yesterday. Haven't quite understood the shades of green in the health bar tbh, hopefully that'll get a bit clearer over time. Stuff you get back after the fight, maybe?
  • I've died plenty of times. You're not playing with those starter trinkets on are you? They play the game for you.

Would still say it's on the easy side though, I just get greedy and forget to heal

I only had the slow down time but now I’ve taken it off it’s made it a lot harder now - doh.

But I might put it on for the boss battles as I’m shite and want to enjoy the story and put hours into the fights as I don’t have enough time as it is.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I’m playing without any AIDS but might put on the one in Cinty’s spoiler. I end up pressing wrong button on wrong menu sometimes so auto will help.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Even if a boss turns you over it puts you straight back in the fight with full potions, it's still pretty easy
  • Yeah, bosses have checkpoints too?  I've died twice, once cos it seemed hard and I was rubbish, and once because I had no clue what the enemy was doing or going to do and just stood there during a mega attack!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Yeah, bosses have checkpoints too?  I've died twice, once cos it seemed hard and I was rubbish, and once because I had no clue what the enemy was doing or going to do and just stood there during a mega attack!

Yeah, i've managed to avoid boss deaths (though died against one mark) but when things get proper crazy there's a lot of FF14 mechanics they use and it seems a lot of 14 players have a slightly easier time with it - all that AoE marking on the floor, danger areas, DPS checks etc...that's pure 14.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Still early doors, but scenes have happened.
    Spoiler:
  • I also did Caer last night.
    Spoiler:

I am very much enjoying this so far.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep, will be interesting to see
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yep, will be interesting to see
    Spoiler:

Depends on
    Spoiler:

• Game is so good y'all. Last night did the battle in the spoiler above, Clive came to the realisation we all knew from the demo, that the person who beat up Joshua was
    Spoiler:
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Game is so good y'all.

Yup.
  • Clive and Cid banter is the best.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Clive and Cid banter is the best.

Don’t forget Gaaaaaaav.
  • Gav is a great character!
  • Thanks guys, means a lot <3
  • Gav wouldn’t be out of place in a Xenoblade game.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Does it seriously need to keep the current Quest and Local Map button prompts on screen at all times? Can’t find an option to turn them off but I may have missed them.
  • But if you take them off how will you know where to take the meals to?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The Daddy wrote:
    But if you take them off how will you know where to take the meals to?

For a decent game there are some stellar annoyances.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Slight lull after the dramas that Matty mentioned. Heading
    Spoiler:
    and out in the field. Some classic fetch quests. Hopefully it will great up again before too long!
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Gav wouldn’t be out of place in a Xenoblade game.

You mean Gav or Gav?
  • Are enemies scaled to you, or is it just because I'm not going back and grinding anything that they are always one level-ish below me? Any point in doing any grinding at all?

Think the replay level on the stone thing let's you keep xp?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!