Final Fantasy XVI - an all-action RPG - June 22nd - PS5
  • I must have been sniffing glue at some point, because this last cutscene has me stumped.

Spoiler for those that have finished, can't really get more specific than that unfortunately.
    Spoiler:

It's starting to become a bit of a mess, this

I’ve just done the first bit of Paul’s spoiler
    Spoiler:
    I’m really enjoying it but starting to grate a bit now.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I still find them decent. Those two for example
    Spoiler:
  • Fuck me. I just did a Minotaur mark and parried every swing of his Big Swing attack and hit him in between each swing. How satisfying was that?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Fuck me. I just did a Minotaur mark and parried every swing of his Big Swing attack and hit him in between each swing. How satisfying was that?!
    Yeh that's so good when you get that rhythm going.
  • I've just got through the return to
    Spoiler:
    and the subsequent MAJOR STORY bits that happen. Including the sad case of
    Spoiler:

The Eikon fight with
    Spoiler:
    was great, and really felt I was actually using
    Spoiler:
    a lot more to the best of his abilities. A step up from the first Eikon fight.

Very much still enjoying.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • So I just got an additional Eikon
    Spoiler:
    . Any thoughts on the powers? I'm not sure about best set up currently with the ones I have.
  • You’ve still only got three so just equip all three. No need to start messing with Mastering the powers so you can equip them cross-Eikon right now. The all have damage and stagger ratings, I recommend having a good damage and a good stagger ability for each Eikon so you can stagger folks and then burst them with the other abilities.
    The second counter ability on your new Eikon is good. Triangle when you’re selecting an ability on the level up
    menu gives you the details, if you need that.

Edit: oh wait sorry you have four, haha. I forgot the third because literally only used one ability from it during the whole game. Pile Driver is good, but really you probably want Phoenix, Garuda and your new Eikon, unless you really like the third Eikon. I don’t, I think it is bad. You might not!
  • Yeah I swapped out Garuda but really missing the quick stagger from them. Probably see about swapping the third and fourth over and see how I go
  • Ehhhhhh Garuda has great abilities!!! I always use the skill when a stagger bar is halfway. And the attacks have good stun and damage output. It’s Ramuh who I swapped out as soon as I got my fourth Eikon.
  • Just got to the final boss (i think it is).

I know I’m crap at these games but most have been ok but the
    Spoiler:
    any tips for a noob? It’s crap I can’t change my Eikons mid fight as I want to change my attacks and techniques
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Just got to the final boss (i think it is).

I know I’m crap at these games but most have been ok but the
    Spoiler:
    any tips for a noob? It’s crap I can’t change my Eikons mid fight as I want to change my attacks and techniques

Well i finished it. Enjoyed it some it did drag.

The ending
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I'm trying to get back into this now I'm home again. Still feel slightly low on mojo for it tbh, but kinda want to see it done...
    Spoiler:
    , says I'm over 60% of the way through and hire that's true, though only seem to have half the powers.
  • You’re no where near 60% through, I’d say you’re coming up to a third of the way, maybe a little past that.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's disappointing... Oh well, hopefully I'll start enjoying it more soon!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Time to see the end of this game tonight.

Tempy has been my barometer and I'm about 2 hours from the end. I was a bit raging that before the point of no return around 15 side quests popped up, but they were genuinely good ways of tying up loose ends. I just wish the game designers had figured earlier points to do so

Anyway, I'm in the shit now, so let's see it out
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And it's done. My favourite since XII and the best playing.... ever?
  • Fuck, I've done 30 hours so far, seems I have as much if not more to go!  Feels like I've been playing for a lot more, mainly because I only have small gaming sessions.

Gotta keep going and finish this so I can get back to Zelda!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Fuck, I've done 30 hours so far, seems I have as much if not more to go!  Feels like I've been playing for a lot more, mainly because I only have small gaming sessions.

Gotta keep going and finish this so I can get back to Zelda!

Where you at?
  • For those that have completed... Feel like I'm on the back end now and here are the story beats I've encountered :
    Spoiler:

On the tail end now, right? Rough hourage left to go?
  • MattyJ wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Fuck, I've done 30 hours so far, seems I have as much if not more to go!  Feels like I've been playing for a lot more, mainly because I only have small gaming sessions. Gotta keep going and finish this so I can get back to Zelda!
    Where you at?

Just had a STELLAR battle.  Did a 3-part quest just after.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    For those that have completed... Feel like I'm on the back end now and here are the story beats I've encountered :
    Spoiler:

You're in the tail end. If you're just doing main quests... 6-10 hours maybe? If you do sidequests, maybe more.
  • Tempy wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    For those that have completed... Feel like I'm on the back end now and here are the story beats I've encountered :
    Spoiler:

You're in the tail end. If you're just doing main quests... 6-10 hours maybe? If you do sidequests, maybe more.

Sweet. I want to finish it before Starfield so good to know I'm on track!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Fuck, I've done 30 hours so far, seems I have as much if not more to go!  Feels like I've been playing for a lot more, mainly because I only have small gaming sessions. Gotta keep going and finish this so I can get back to Zelda!
    Where you at?

Just had a STELLAR battle.  Did a 3-part quest just after.

I enjoyed that battle quite a lot, more than the mechanics would incline!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just jumped back into this after quite a bit of time away and have to say, event with all the fetch quests, I'm still enjoying it. Now that I have more powers it's real fun to unleash and gives you more to do rather than just bash away while waiting for cool downs. Knowing how FF7 Remake went I'm sure I've still got a long way to go, but really haven't fatigued on it as I thought I would.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The aesthetics and combat are the best things about the game. I was such a fan of the stone mechanics because it just felt like Bayonetta.
  • So I'm close to the end now. I have
    Spoiler:
    and now face the choice of exactly how am I going to set up my Eikons. Anyone willing to share their set ups?

So far, not sure if
    Spoiler:
    is doing it for me, the damage output is surprisingly low, at least with standard moves. Feels like it's all about building the
    Spoiler:
    ?
  • Zantetsusken is amazing!
  • It’s all about building that damage, when it’s upgraded you’ll be able to do 80-100k damage during a good stagger without issue.
  • Hmm not quite feeling it yet. I need to play about with the set up, but need a bit more AP to master everything I want.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!