Ask the Bear & Badger
  • I have never had a beard.  Or moustache.  I have had a headache though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Have you ever had a page turn?
  • I’ve been clean shaven for a total of a couple of weeks since I hit 20 or so. Shaved it all twice in past 20 years, I think. One of those was an experiment during lockdown over last Xmas I think and I posted a pic on here, was horrible. 

Light beard and tache for life!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    And a mohawk?
    Hmmm, bout seven or eight years with that look.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've had a beard since I was 16 (a lot of steroids in my youth led to quick and thick hair growth). Literally grew it just after I left school.

Never, ever going clean shaven. Hate the feel and the look. Accidentally left the trimmer on 2mm the other week so had to do the whole beard that short. Freaked the missus out as I looked about 10 years younger than usual.
  • I used to hate a clean shave but I've embraced it in recent years - it's my face, it's who I am etc. I 100% look 100% better with some facial hair, but I like the fuck you of it when I clean shave, weirds people out.
  • My view may be tainted by past relationships where I was prohibited from a clean shave tbf.
  • I went for a clean shave during a week's holiday earlier in the year and got ridiculed incessantly in my own house. Tilly led the charge with merciless lols.
  • That's the big concern. You are your beard.
  • My kids laughed at me when I shaved. They still say “do you remember that time when you looked weird?”
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've always loved a clean shave. I shaved 6 days a week and I really liked the Monday morning shave.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Does it sound like I have a virus on my laptop?

I noticed something strange today. I was trying to google 'filter inserter factorio' for a query related to a game I'm playing into the address bar at the top of my browser, but my laptop won't allow me to type the first few letters, 'fil', at all. As soon as I type the last letter, L, the search bar gets automatically cleared. I could not find any other combination of letters that does this. 

So this was weird and annoying but I kept trying, and I noticed that for a a tiny split fraction of a second before the address bar gets cleared a website address flashes up, filyglypa.com 

I have never heard of this website, and I certainly haven't ever visited it. My browser won't even allow me to copy and paste this word into the web address bar thing. It's like this word is prohibited for some reason, which would be fine because wtf is that word for anyway, but it makes me kind of suspicious. Anyone have any idea what's going on? 

Question part 2. If I do have a virus, and my antivirus doesn't pick it up, how do I get rid of it?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It could be just a browser plug in or extension that has been installed.
  • You'll need a young priest and an old priest
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    You telling me the kids dont go wild for the Shrek Skins? I dont believe it. Some........BODY shrek-dance.gif

Wow, how out of touch is that. Teenagers weren't born when the first film came out. Be like putting Fred Flintstone in OutRun. (Another shite character, but we only had four channels.)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    make it past the ftue

Had to google that, and it makes me sad because I think we've all enjoyed UIs in the past that no longer exist (I miss Windows 7 and Firefox 3), and we're now analysed to see how much bullshit we'll take.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    erm,  No, you are not.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I’ve had full facial hair for most of the last 15 years. I hate my hirsute face slightly less than my fleshy face. I’ve had stints of dodgy moustaches, goatees and soul patches, originally in earnest, latterly to upset people who have to look at my face when I largely don’t. Very occasional full clean shave when mandated by work.

Lord_Griff wrote:
    Is there some alterable characteristic of your appearance that you maintain, so ingrained in how you see yourself, that you can't/won't change?
    I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t carrying too much wait around my middle.

———

Anyway, I’m currently in the theatre. My discomfort with being in a crowd was overruled by wanting to hear lyrics I’ve written for a bunch of the songs sung by talented young people. I’m sitting here with my FFP3 mask on. Looks like all tickets were up for sale, with no enforced gaps. QR codes at the door to book in, but few doing it. Most people wearing surgical / fabric masks, but quite a few not wearing anything at all. Lots of people drinking from open topped containers.

It’s madness.

Am I the mad one?

Wait, you've written some tunes? Do elaborate.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:
    I’ve had full facial hair for most of the last 15 years. I hate my hirsute face slightly less than my fleshy face. I’ve had stints of dodgy moustaches, goatees and soul patches, originally in earnest, latterly to upset people who have to look at my face when I largely don’t. Very occasional full clean shave when mandated by work.

Lord_Griff wrote:
    Is there some alterable characteristic of your appearance that you maintain, so ingrained in how you see yourself, that you can't/won't change?
    I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t carrying too much wait around my middle.

———

Anyway, I’m currently in the theatre. My discomfort with being in a crowd was overruled by wanting to hear lyrics I’ve written for a bunch of the songs sung by talented young people. I’m sitting here with my FFP3 mask on. Looks like all tickets were up for sale, with no enforced gaps. QR codes at the door to book in, but few doing it. Most people wearing surgical / fabric masks, but quite a few not wearing anything at all. Lots of people drinking from open topped containers.

It’s madness.

Am I the mad one?

Wait, you've written some tunes? Do elaborate.

He goes by the alter ego "Andy-Lloyd Webber"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Help me Badgers!

Anybody here a surveyor? Particularly one clued up on the party wall act? (not as fun as it sounds).

I want to know if the work i'm doing requires the above act, if there is a badger that can help I'll Chuck some details out.
    Can-of-sprite
  • I'm an "unmanned technical surveyor" but can't help unless this act is to do with drones.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This might help: https://www.gov.uk/party-walls-building-works/work-tell-your-neighbour-about

It links to a more detailed booklet.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I'm probably completely wrong on this, but doesn't our @Roujin do something along these lines?
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!