The Battlefield Thread
  • The light machine guns seem to all have a sweet spot in terms of set up, you just need to find it. Bi-pod, long range sight and flash suppressor is a combo I'd usually avoid, but works for a few of them. Suppression perk is also an obvious plus.
  • I don't really understand what you get for your money with Premium? I'd rather just pick and choose which map packs I buy depending on whether they actually look any good or not. Unless I'm missing something it looks like with Premium you pay a lot of money for stuff that might turn out to be bobbins.

what gives?

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bi-pod is often overlooked. I like to deploy it with the SKS. They've made it a bit easier to setup on walls etc... than when it first came out.

@g

You get a few new guns, assignments dog tags, stuff like that. Nothing major. Also week long double xp events. 

I think I'll just see what everyone else does - not desperate for the Close Quarters stuff anyway. Should be all big maps imo.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    pabloamigo wrote:
    argh, got those cheap points the other day. Have thought about buying premium a few times. I'm thinking about it now in fact.

• thanks Mod, I think I'm over it now.
  • I should make a triumphant return to this tonight.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Well done, that quite a turnaround. I was starting to think we were the only three people on our side actually playing. +1 g.man
    Get used to that feeling, it's one of the major gripes with this.

I'm staying in tonight and she's off out, so I'll be on without a doubt. I'm getting my hopes up that we'll end up with a team full of Badgers, but if past experiences are anything to go by we'll be evenly split across the two teams. If that happens, I'm apologising for my swearing/stabbing in advance.
  • Tbh, the spackers don't really bother me much. As long as I'm having fun that's all Im bothered about.

regards

g.man
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    @g

You get a few new guns, assignments dog tags, stuff like that. Nothing major. Also week long double xp events. 

I think I'll just see what everyone else does - not desperate for the Close Quarters stuff anyway. Should be all big maps imo.

according to the in game premium release time line. You get new kit and stuff regularly throughout the year not just on this one time. I wouldve more than likely bought all of the map packs. So sod it premium was worth it for them alone.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • if im awake, im on
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What's the maximum size USB device you can plug into an Xbox? Could i use a 500gb external drive? That way I can play with you all instead of spending the evening weeping at the TV.
  • I think a recent update let you use bigger externals, i think? give it a shot! so i can have a shot at yoouuu
  • feels like ages since I was in a game with cuckoo :(
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    What's the maximum size USB device you can plug into an Xbox? Could i use a 500gb external drive? That way I can play with you all instead of spending the evening weeping at the TV.

Max partition is 16GB, and you can have 2 of them on one drive.

You can use a HDD drive as long as it passes the speed test the xbox initiates.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Max 16gb unfortunately but should be enough to play BF3. You could use your external hard drive and create a partition. Just make sure you select the custom size and setting that doesn't format your entire drive.

edit: Bah, seconds too late.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    If you're stuck lad, I don't mind THing or GRAWing it instead.

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Love can build a bridge.

For shame webbo. Let him wallow in his black pudding hell.
  • When was Rolf fecking Harris assigned to our squad?

:D

g.man
  • eh,just partition your hd
  • No, U.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cheers all I'll try it out later.
  • If you run into a brick wall with all this and it's an old style 360m your using, I've got an old style 20gig official hard drive I don't use anymore and would happily post to you. 
    Not much use for imminent shenanigans, but if you're stuck long term let me know.

regards

g.man
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cheers g, but my slim should be fixed soon. 

Just need to, you know, actually take it to the repair place. Hopefully get a spare hour tomorrow.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    HDD didn't work. 

Dammit.
  • did you try partitioning?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The Xbox won't recognise the external drive.
  • Great fun with BigIain there. Randomly disconnected on about 8500 points though. If I'm losing these I'll not be a happy bunny!
    In other news I have purchased the "all weapons" pack on account of having too much money and not enough time. I will burn in hell for this, but at least I'll have plenty of guns with me.

yus

g.man
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll play some RS:V2 or Ghosr Recon if you can't get it sorted.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    The Xbox won't recognise the external drive.
    Did you unplug your 4gb usb drive first? That might be stopping it?
  • Does it have to be FAT32 first, then you plug it in and format it on your xbox. Or am I getting the wrong end of the rifle butt.

That's what I did recently with a 4GB stick anyhow.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!