Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    But not as shit as some of the players on this. That was some tedious shit right there.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Currently downloading a 2.3g patch. Who knows when it will be done.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    A week Thursday.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Of course by the time it had finished, everyone was gone.
  • Was decent last night apart from that one game with the guy running about doing OHK with the sniper rifle. That final Conquest game was glorious.
  • Well I bought the CQB maps/Premium - Before I get lambasted I bought it with the cheap points offer in the dealio thread.
    And as I/we suspected they are a diversion and little more.
    I had a quick game on each and they are typical twitch fest COD style maps and gameplay.
    Not my cup of tea but they will definitely scratch an occasional itch, or you can use them as a warm up for a Rush session. They definitely couldn't be played for hours, unless of course you are a COD fan.

Premium is a gimmick but it promises more weapons, content and camos (big deal) over the map packs themselves. So I will reserve ultimate judgement on it until later.

On a different note I had a great time with the game in general on Sunday and much ass was kicked.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    Was decent last night apart from that one game with the guy running about doing OHK with the sniper rifle. That final Conquest game was glorious.

Yeah, was a decent session. Shame Paul got banjo'd on the team balance.

Pumping those guys from a 100+ ticket deficit was utterly lovely.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Also, re Premium.

It's just too dear. Maybe once all the stuff is out it might make more sense but right now £30 for some maps seems extortionate.

CoD Elite seems to offer much much more.
  • I'll probably jump if they stick them on sale, you know that EA won't be able to resist a cash grab in a couple of months even if it pisses off people who've bought now.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Also, re Premium. It's just too dear. Maybe once all the stuff is out it might make more sense but right now £30 for some maps seems extortionate. CoD Elite seems to offer much much more.

I must admit that for £30 it's not attractive but with those cheap points I think I paid £23.

£23 for 4 map packs (12 maps?) and some other shit is OK, for me anyway.
    And I seem to enjoy the game more than a lot of us, so it's not that big a deal for me.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Thing is I'm tempted, I just can't get past the moral standpoint it represents.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Thing is I'm tempted, I just can't get past the moral standpoint it represents.

You have morals ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Anyone who saw me coat a crate in land mines then casually toss a grenade over my shoulder on the way out in BC2 would know the answer to that.
  • I got those cheap points too panty, and very tempted to spend them on this. 

But I do like the look of that zombie Summer of Arcade game and still need to buy the DoDonPachi Black Label DLC.

Hmm, decisions.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Anyone who saw me coat a crate in land mines then casually toss a grenade over my shoulder on the way out in BC2 would know the answer to that.

:'( 

Thems were the days.
  • I felt a twinge of the ol' magic on Friday night.
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    I got those cheap points too panty, and very tempted to spend them on this.  But I do like the look of that zombie Summer of Arcade game and still need to buy the DoDonPachi Black Label DLC. Hmm, decisions.

To be honest Pabs, if you dislike CoD then you might be better off waiting until the armoured kill DLC is out. Even then it might be just cheaper to buy the DLC you want individually, as you might only plump for 1 or 2 map packs - as we don't even know what the final 2 actually are yet.
    There was just enough there for £23 to tip the scales for me but I suspect it wont be for everyone.
  • I'll get it when it's half price but I still won't be happy about it. There's no way to hide that you've bought it is there? Every time I get killed by a premium player I think to myself "what a dick" and that's not because he killed me... :D
  • I quite enjoyed MW1 & 2 and BLOPS, so the CoD-aping doesn't put me off really.

The main thing for me is whether I'll still be playing this in 6 months time as I've got a month away for wedding/honeymoon in Aug/Sept, then I'd quite like to move house when we get back.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hang on, how do you know when a premium player had killed you?
  • Coz he/she has a big PREMIUM PLAYER tag under their name on the killcam
  • I will take it at a discount, but these early adopters have gambled on the nature of the packs. If we find out 'Aftermath' and 'End Game' are going to be true Battlefield experiences like 'Armoured Kill' is potentially, then picking up Premium would be worth it and CQ can be a novel distraction.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    pabloamigo wrote:
    Coz he/she has a big PREMIUM PLAYER tag under their name on the killcam

I feared as much.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    have you premium plagers tried gun master? 
    its really fun and Reminds of css.

interested to see what the other modes being added will be.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • My internets is slowly coming back to me, though I still suffer from a fucktonne of disconnects which means yet another call out for the engineers to swear at them. 
    Anyhoo, I played this for a couple of hours tonight, and my flaky nets aside I rather liked it.
    I'm getting gang raped by everyone, have no weapons or perks worth taking into battle, and really don't have the faintest idea what I'm doing, but those minor quibbles aside it's all rather grand if you play on the big fuck-off outdoors maps.

just sayin

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    If today was the first day you've played you're playing a considerably better game than the one we were before the last patch a couple weeks ago.

Mechanically (dodgy net code aside) there isn't genuinely a lot wrong. It's the utter sock puppets you get lumped with and the feeling that unless 75% of the team are pulling in one direction you've got no chance of winning.
  • My outlook as a total noob is to be more concerned with actually staying alive for more than five seconds rather than there being any question of winning involved. Might be better if I was armed with more than a cricket bat and a bunch of flowers.

levelling up from scratch in a game that's been out a long time is officially BAD AIDS.

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!