Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is part of that the premium package that has to be paid for or is it all free?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    All the updates are free.

Fairly sure the Premium pack is a separate download, unless they've snuck it into MP Update 3, which I don't think they have.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oh that's good. I had this idea that premium was an obligatory download which you could choose to pay to unlock or not.
  • Premium is just the service, I'm fairly certain that the update includes the Close Quarter, and possibly Armoured Kill map packs, or Karkand for those that didn't have it. There is no way, noooooo fucking way a patch is 2.5 gigs. This is EA's cunty way of slipping a patch in with DLC to avoid paying something somewhere.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Premium is just the service, I'm fairly certain that the update includes the Close Quarter, and possibly Armoured Kill map packs, or Karkand for those that didn't have it. There is no way, noooooo fucking way a patch is 2.5 gigs. This is EA's cunty way of slipping a patch in with DLC to avoid paying something somewhere.

it adds in the new stuff for premium but there were a separate download for the cq maps.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • What size was the CQ d/l?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • If you guys are playing 1943 and not telling me i will do great harm to everything you've ever loved

I need a new network cable for my router but if anyone fancies playing 1943 later in the week i am all over it so much a little bit of wee came out no i dont know what that means

I'll even consider asking frantic for his address again for like, the 4th time

Seriously, i'm so in, all of you, get it, yes it's super simple but its the superlative bombastic chaotic fun i first ever loved bf for
  • Accidentally discovered the joys of playing Medic this weekend when I randomly loaded this game. If anyone wants a Medic who will risk withering cross-fires to revive you, add me!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Remember when everyone tried to have their own control set up?

Left trigger to accelerate and left bumper to brake and reverse takes some getting used to. Despite that and the slightly dubious netcode and the leetness of some of the people who've been playing this the whole time, 1943 was pretty good fun.

Surprising how nice it looks as well, the animation isn't there, but it's decent enough. The colour palette though, holy shit, what happened to DICE.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    If you guys are playing 1943 and not telling me i will do great harm to everything you've ever loved I need a new network cable for my router but if anyone fancies playing 1943 later in the week i am all over it so much a little bit of wee came out no i dont know what that means I'll even consider asking frantic for his address again for like, the 4th time Seriously, i'm so in, all of you, get it, yes it's super simple but its the superlative bombastic chaotic fun i first ever loved bf for

What cable do you need? Don't buy one for stupid money I'll make you one.
  • 10m 'network cable' i spose! If you could that would be really grand mate, well, could do with 2 or 3 really but yeah, you know, cat5 on either end, plugs into a LAN port. I think its amusing i dont actually know what to call them. Patch cable?

Massively appreciated if you could though! Can you get your addy to me via some medium so i can get Vanquish back to you? Its been eating at my conscience like some conscience eaty thing. Do you still have my address also?

And is it agreed we play 1943 at some point and fun times be had by all? I'm kinda tempted to get a bottle of Di Saronno and do it in the old style
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The cable is cat5, it'll be more useful if I put an RJ45 on both ends.... ;) 

When I next go to the offfice ill pick a box up and crimp away. So you want 3 x 10m ones or specific lengths?
  • I'd just go by 10m i guess! Should do the trick, but no mate can you put the cat5 connectors on an RJ45 cable like i asked?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    No problem. It won't work but yeh no problem.
  • ANYWAYS, yes that would be lovely, you are a champ, and are you playing 1943 with us like i've just decided we are all going to?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    What size was the CQ d/l?

1142mb.

iirc the patch before it were 1.982mb and premium were a 100kb unlock too.

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'll be up for some BF3 action over the weekend if folk are about?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    im going for a few new pads today just for this, my normal one has a brocken inard at the sync and charge part.
    my other constantly floats up.

loving bf3 even with broken tools.

• @moto

I'll try and hop on if the missus goes out on Saturday. Can't remember the last time I played with fellow B&Bers.
  • Yeah, we should try and get a big squad on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Hai there! I'm out on Friday, but Saturday should be fine if I'm not absolutely ill off the drink. I'll get the patch downloaded in preparation.
  • It will be England v Spain on sat
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • That's a bold claim.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What if we finish top? Pessimist. 

My iPod has just informed me that if you're pessamistic, you're a pessimist. Pessa, pessi. Sounds like a new term for the way Spain over elaborate during a match.
  • No , that's being an optimist !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I think they'll probably win tonight, I just wouldn't mention it if I was English. Talk about tempting fate.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I only have a 4gb stick in my arcade xbox and STILL haven't had my slim repaired, so BF3 is off the menu for me. 

Sadface.
  • Frostbite 2 was built for the next gen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-19-ea-frostbite-2-built-for-the-next-generation

EA tit confirms what I've said all along.

"We take the philosophy on not forcing tech upon anyone"

Fucking hypocrite.
  • Hello troops - I'm gonna be on this tonight. Anyone around?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!