Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yeah, I'll hit you with my best shot

• Cheers chaps, enjoyed that. Quite like the altering Conquest/Rush playlists.
  • http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-20-battlefield-3-close-quarters-review

A generous 7/10, maps sound shit and are already being exploited by twats. Reviewer notes the feel of the pack being a cynical financial ploy rather than a gameplay boost. The cloning of everything COD is embarrassing, he also states.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • That was OK tonight, pretty laggy at times, but we still seemed to get the wins. It's just not got the magic.

Yeah, that Eurogamer review is quite interesting. I'm not sure they've thought the whole thing through, unbalancing the classes by bringing everyone indoors is a big flaw, the C4 stuff sounds grim. I wonder if many people who didn't get Premium will bother, the hype seems over already.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, enjoyed tonight for the most part. Still frustrating but I must have got used to it.

IR is right though, no magic. No thrill of victory, even though we won every match.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You Iain and Pablo won every match. I ended up on Team Hydrophobia for a game. There was no way those snipers were crossing that river.

I'll not be injecting any more cash into this, it's like giving your dog a treat when he barks at you.
  • That Close Quarters download sounds like the absolute worst sort of AIDS.

retch

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah, EG review sounds like all the shit that made me not really get into BF3.
    Maybe Armored Kill dlc will be a return to what BF does best and will bring me back to it :-/
  • I actually think getting Armoured Kill to work on consoles is a far bigger ask than making Close Quarters work as a shiny COD substitute. Balancing vehicles for 32 v 32 and 12 v 12 looks impossible to me, especially things like jets, attack helicopters and lock on missiles.
  • Right, long story short, my internet is back. It's still poor by modern standards, but it's as good as it's ever been over the years.
    I've downloaded a fucktonne of updates for my Xbox today, stuck Batty3 in and downloaded a title update for that. Then I get prompted to downloaded a further multiplayer patch that's fucking 2.3gig in size. 
    Seriously WTF?
    I had a look at the multiplayer and it registers no servers whatsoever, presumably because I haven't downloaded this ridiculous patch.
    What in the name of fuck is going on with this game??? Is that me completely screwed if I don't download this? It'll take an entire day on my fecking connection.

not best pleased

g.man
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's like when I bought my PS3 and tried to play MAG.
  • Hmmph, tell me about it Paul. I've downloaded so many patches and updates today I don't actually have a clue what's going on on the Xbox dashboard anymore. What a fucking mess. 
    Anyone remember the good old days when it used to be a simple games console that let you connect to the internet to play online with your mates? 
    I swear it just tried to sell me tampons at a discounted price!

fucking awful

g.man
  • I always thought there were people not downloading the BF3 updates and still playing, that's what happened in BC2. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't many though, the patches included in the updates have been a bit more critical. Pain in the arse when it's that big though.
  • Well I'm fucked if I'm going to download a 2.3gig patch.

fucking ridiculous

g.man
  • Classic slippery slope, nobody minded in BC2 because all the new maps were free. In fact I think the Vietnam one that cost wasn't needed if you didn't want it.
  • Well they've well and truly jumped the fucking shark with this update.

fuck 'em

g.man
  • You have BF1943, if we could get a G "Surabacheee!" battle cry again, would be good.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Oooh, yes I do have that! I'm away on business for the next couple of days, but I'll look into that next week.

well reminded mate

g.man
  • It still does pretty good business, regular 10 or 12 per team. A nice throwback to when DICE didn't think fun was a dirty word.
  • I think DICE have little hand in the BF franchise now to be honest mate.
  • i thought we (i) had already decided we'd be doing a 1943 run anyways!

im making a return to live this weekend, not tonight sadly as my network is borked for want of cables, but tomoz ill jump on bf3 with whoevers up for it

however, im mainly interested in 1943 with ayone who's down, that would be grand indeed, and occasion for a bottle of di saronno and maybe some radio cuckoo
  • I've just realised I have only put in about 30 minutes with BF3 so far, would quite like to get into the MP at some point but the issue I have is that with so little experience I find that games with randoms always end up with me getting instantly killed by players with better gear and more experience. I'd quite like to set aside some time and play a forum game with you guys, if you guys fancy helping to train up a "complete noob"
    Anyone on tonight? I'm gonna be on after 9.30
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • gah, I'll probably be on earlier than that wookie.

Might be able to wrestle control of the TV after about 10.30 though.

Can't remember if I have you on Live. My ID's the same as here.
  • Cheers mate, I'm just updating now... 2.4gig update just to play? Gah.
     I should still be on after that time
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Checked out 1943 earlier and it still works like a charm.

will be on this next week

g.man
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm always up for 1943
  • me too, I got it free with BC2 and hardly played it. 

@wookie

Tell G all about the patch downloads, I heard he freakin' LOVES it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Anyone on tonight?

I enjoyed most of last night, especially bossing Kharg. But then as per we pushed it one game too many and had a torrid time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!