theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    There's a short cut DLC you can buy. Badder AIDS.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's weird. The BFBC2 starting weapons were as good as any you unlocked later. In this they are pretty hard work. 

Starting to miss this a little, just not had a spare minute to take my slim for repair.
  • I don't mind most of the starting guns, but you badly need to unlock the attachments, the iron sights are horrible in this.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Funny, no matter how many sights I unlock, and there's loads, I still use iron sights.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Depends on the gun for me. 

I still think the game would benefit from have a bunch of loadout slots instead of having to faff about during the game to change weapons and attachments. 

Like...ahem....COD.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There's loads of stuff CoD does well, they just left that and copied the shit.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Indeed. 

Still, I shall return to this. Might make the Missus drop my box off tomorrow.
  • I kinda like the way Max Payne 3 approached loadouts with the weight angle. In an ideal world, I'd have all equipment unlocked from the get go and no restriction on classes so you are free to set up as you choose. I'd also include various body armour levels, so theoretically you could mix a sniper rifle with a carbine, but there would be a weight penalty, this could be offset or exaggerated by your armour level.

This reliance on progressive unlocking is juvenile and a crude way of keeping you playing. Solid netcode and balanced gameplay would be more effective.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • The constant positive feedback of regular unlocks and badges sucks in a surprising amount of people. It's hard to see anyone not relying on it in their shooter in the future, it's worked so effectively here, at least from a financial point of view.

Makes me wonder about free to play actually, seems that you'd lose unlocks as an incentive to play if you're charging for the same stuff.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    In Gotham Imposters you can't buy any unlocks, but you can buy an XP boost that gives either you or you and your team (depending on how much you pay) double points for the next X hours.

Something like that might work in a free to play environment, or the 'loot drop' type system Mass Effect 3 uses.
  • Paying for an XP boost sounds a bit grim, but I suppose it would work with certain people.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I only played one game where I ended up with someone who had paid for the team perk.
  • Just had an amazing 500% tickets CQ match on Gulf of Oman. Game went on for well over an hour and a half and finally my side won. Huzzah!
    Got disconnected about 40 minutes in but managed to get back into the same match on the same team. Absolutely amazing stuff!
    When you get these random disconnects from the EA servers do you lose all the points you've accrued in the match up to that point?

rather enjoying this

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I think so.
    All points and unlocks are awarded in game, so you can swap attachments you have just earned BUT if you get a connection drop then you lose them because they are not saved to your profile until the end of the round.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • That really is fucking bullshit. I was doing rather well by my meagre standard.

harrumph

g.man
  • Still, I now have a reflex sight and foregrip on my cricket bat.

:D

g.man
  • Thanks to g.man's enthusiasm I'm gonna rock this for a few hours later. Possibly between the hours of 5 and 8.

Anyone else fancy it?
  • ...oh, I seemed to have unlocked a frying pan too.

happy days

g.man
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    Thanks to g.man's enthusiasm I'm gonna rock this for a few hours later. Possibly between the hours of 5 and 8. Anyone else fancy it?
    Have you downloaded the 2.3gig patch?

regards

g.man
  • I really wanted to play this today but it's so hot here I fear the 360 will melt thru the floor Alien blood stylee.
  • @g

Good point, is it a new one out today?

@panty

Do it. Just lay next to your 360 blowing all the time. Wouldn't be the first time amirite? :)
  • You are right.
    I will have to train the fan on it and hope it doesn't go critical.
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    @g Good point, is it a new one out today?
    Patch has been out for a week or two (I think), but without it you're pretty much fucked for multiplayer. Without it I couldn't access a single server. The upside is the game seems to run as smooth as butter with the patch. It's a ridiculous size for a patch, clearly all the paid expansions you don't want are being stealth downloaded with what is probably a very small multiplayer update.

regards

g.man
  • Cool, should be ok then as I've already downloaded that mother.

If you're still around in a bit g toss a 'nade my way.
  • Can't guarantee I'll be about till later. You on my friendslist? If not shoot me a FR at gman808.

see you on the battlefield

g.man
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    I think so. All points and unlocks are awarded in game, so you can swap attachments you have just earned BUT if you get a connection drop then you lose them because they are not saved to your profile until the end of the round.

I thought they fixed that and it recorded unlocks/ranks when they happen mid-game?
  • When you get disconnected it does say SAVING, but it doesn't give you any actual indication of what exactly has been saved.

fucked if I know

g.man
  • Mod74 wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    I think so. All points and unlocks are awarded in game, so you can swap attachments you have just earned BUT if you get a connection drop then you lose them because they are not saved to your profile until the end of the round.
    I thought they fixed that and it recorded unlocks/ranks when they happen mid-game?

I could be wrong it might have been fixed in one of the many patches.
  • Gah. BF plans may have been scuppered.
  • damn you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!