The Battlefield Thread
  • There is nothing like Battlefield, which is why it's such a shame EA are determined to roll it up in shit and try to pass it off as chocolate.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    One of us needs to win the Euromillions and start a company to build the ultimate forum game. 

Until that happens I'll crack on with The Witcher...

Edit: although if it's me I won't be able to actually play it unless there's an Xbox in my beach house.
  • I do enjoy reading the comments everytime DICE release a video on Facebook recently. The strength of feeling against Premium comes across in many a tirade. I know it's not indicative of the community as a whole, but for every positive comment, there's ten crucifying EA and DICE.

Away from the usual COD rage, I think many are unhappy about Karkand being included as this was the attraction to trading up to the LE at launch. It will be interesting to see if there's any response, I don't think a discount for LE owners would be too unreasonable an ask.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hah. Squeeze the money out of everybody.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    won my first gun master! 

fucking loving all the new stuff, spas-12 is a beast! 

really really great games @ali. 
    more soon.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    I do enjoy reading the comments everytime DICE release a video on Facebook recently. The strength of feeling against Premium comes across in many a tirade. I know it's not indicative of the community as a whole, but for every positive comment, there's ten crucifying EA and DICE. Away from the usual COD rage, I think many are unhappy about Karkand being included as this was the attraction to trading up to the LE at launch. It will be interesting to see if there's any response, I don't think a discount for LE owners would be too unreasonable an ask.

Could you even get a standard copy at release?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    ...spas-12 is a beast!
    Ironically that was the gun of choice in MW2...
  • So, I've been out of the loop on this for a while.

As i understand it, no more DICE/EA servers? Just ones which have been bought by real people? And now a full priced exansion for map packs and the promise of more map packs?

Excuse my tone here, but you're all mugs. Get out while you can.
  • There are still official servers, they need to be searched for because they tend to be empty which puts them at the bottom of the server list. 

As far as the premium stuff goes, they are taking the piss. Get used to it though, it's only the beginning.
  • I've favourited any Euro DICE servers I come across, all of which are usually full, or with one or two free spots that would make joining with a squad impossible.

I don't think there was ever a movement demanding rented servers, but EA have come to the point where they think providing dedicated servers is not a privilege to be included within the RRP. The move to client hit detection seems, imo, to negate the whole point of them anyway, expect Battlefield to become a P2P game in the future, unless EA are making spectacular profits from this rented policy.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    EA are making spectacular profits from this rented policy.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they were. All for the privilege of upping the ticket counts and choosing wether you play conquest or rush. Mental.
  • I loved Bad Company 2 and got this the other day. Fuckin pish.

Every map is so dark you can't see anyone, the draw distance is shite and there seems to be no big maps like BF should have, its all pishy COD city streets. Does it grow on you or is this one of the worst sequels ever?

Really gutted at how poor it is.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You get used to the blinding sunlight in outdoor sections but near total darkness of indoor areas. The flashlight is a pain in the arse in both situations bizarrely. I've always said that lighting effects should be the star of the show above boring stuff like destructible environments.

There are some massive maps, too big for the console version in fact, huge areas will just never see any action.

I stuck with it for 100 hours or so, and I'll no doubt give it a semi-regular go in the future, but it really is a big pile of piss.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    There's some fun to be had but it's just over complicated, tragically unbalanced in places, crippled with lag, and majority populated by complete numpties.

Oh, and really shit maps.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Twas indeed some awful map running up and down the same tunnel retaking the same flags over and over again that put me off it.
  • EA is what's wrong with this game, DICE are most definitely accountable, but there is a streak of piss that runs through this that has the rotten asparagus stench of EA.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Euan wrote:
    there seems to be no big maps like BF should have, its all pishy COD city streets.

theres some huge maps, karg island, caspian border imediately spring to mind on conquest.
    most of the maps on rush start smallish then expand for ages as has always been the battlefield way.

nearly 300 hours played.
    at least 400 if i count playing at friends.
    still hardly touched the 10 free psn games becouse of this and new maps and modes. 
    gun master is just fun.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • The Rush map balance is pretty awful.
    They are usually far too easy to defend or attack and with defenders pissing around doing sod all in jets on some maps they are just a complete pain in the arse to play on consoles.
    I wonder if the entire BC1 and BC2 rush map design teams resigned en masse before BF3?

I played Rush pretty much exclusively on BC1/2 but I play Conquest 100% of the time on this.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • so lonely! so, so lonely!

I thought I caught a glimpse of Iain today, but maybe it was just a dream.
  • Never realised you were in with me Pablo, I was too busy beasting with the AN-94. Then I got kicked and banned.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    1943 still plays nice.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Wouldn't mind going back to '43, like how simple everything is. People still filling maps on that one?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yep. Me and Webbo played and it was 10vs10.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    @Nina

Kinda, I was playing at 12 AM last night and it was 8 v 8 for 4 or so rounds.

The lower number doesn't matter quite so much on the smaller maps, and people seem less keen to piss off in planes.
  • I'm game. Worth remembering that the more people play it, the harder the team and squad management become. We will be split up.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Mod, well, at least it was 8 -8, not 10 - 6 or some other strange division of players.

I just remembered how sunny this game was, and the great use of colors.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    @IR

At this point that wouldn't bother me.

I was staring at all my games on disc and hard disc and nothing grabbed me. I shoved 1943 on out of desperation and really enjoyed it.

It's got slower movement but the simplified class and gun structure meant I was soon ripping round the maps taking flags behind their backs like the good old days.

It's staggering how quick you can take them even solo so the match is constantly shifting instead of being an entrenched slog.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Enjoyed that.

But really, it is an arcade snack, there's not a huge amount of strategy to be had. It's a lot more fun though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    if I want to play BF3 any day now, do I have to install that 2 gig update for the premium maps even if I don't want to go premium? Which I don't. I really don't have the time or space for an xbox download of that size.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You'll need Multiplayer Update 3 (2gig ish) and the 170MB title update.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!