BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    davyK wrote:

What a mental looking game. I dig it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wait until you see Maniac mode.....
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Tried some Maniac mode. Tougher of course but the bullets are slower than in Original. The biggest difference is the shots from the popcorn which will require tighter routing to deal with. Of course the boss patterns are different too but they aren't necessarily more difficult; especially in the earlier levels.

Here we go again.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Congrats on the 1cc, Davy. So glad to see you bombing for that 1UP!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    Congrats on the 1cc, Davy. So glad to see you bombing for that 1UP!

:)

I can get it using 1 bomb but I played safe.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have just been messing about in Mushi this week. Practicing level 3 Maniac. But also looked at v1.5 original. Feels a bit like Original+ but with lots of slowdown. Got to last level on 1st go - should be an easy 1CC for me. Returned to Original too - would like to clear the game with at least 1 life in reserve. Came close this evening.

Needless to say with a lack of focus I'm not getting very far.  But Maniac mode is a lot of fun - I'll keep at Original and v1.5 for a few days and then knuckle down to Manic next week.
  • Davyyyyyyyyyy

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/dodonpachi-resurrection?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&_kx=7BSYcMIiXLOOTcRkCkFYbxjw21idELib4F4cDo9kGZw%3D.UsXyyC

I can’t figure out though if Black Label is included? Says “simultaneous recording of Black Label” whatever that means.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Pretty sure it has black label and black label arrange which is the one mode missing from the 360 port. Its in the Steam version and the digital Switch version so I'd expect it on the cart. No brainer for me.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I can't decided if this is shit or genius. Shenius?

do-don-pachi-arcade-periphreal-lrg-switch_600x.png?v=1661968582
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I wanted to get Espgaluda 2 as well. I think that’s gone now? I decided against it as I had no monies. 

DDP Resurrection is much better and I might actually buy it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That little cabinet thing is lovely - but you need an 8 way stick really.  I have Espgaluda 2 for 360 so I passed on the Switch version.

DDP Resurrection has to be the most content filled shmup around. On 360 you had to buy the 1.51 and BL modes but they are all part of the Steam port and as far as I am aware the Switch port. BL Arrange in the only reason I want the physical Switch version as it's missing from the 360 port. I think it was a single disc game in Japan.

BL
    BL Arrange
    Arrange A
    Arrange B

And when you consider most modes have a selection of ships and ship styles and that some modes have an Ura path the amount of content is head spinning. Novice modes too.

I didn't like it when I first played it - it just seemed too mad even for bullet hell. Right from the off there are so many things going on that you can't even see the backgrounds. At first that made all the levels feel very samey. But of course that soon falls away; spend some time with it and start to learn the levels and it reveals its greatness.

I had this and Futari on the shelf before I even got a 360. :)  So the Christmas I got one I had those two games and bought Pacman CE and Trials HD. That was some break. :)   I haven't spent a huge amount of time with Resurrection re focussed play as my 360 was set up on the wall mounted TV downstairs though I did get close to a 1CC of 1.5 with one of the easier ship setups (think it's B-Ship/Blue with Strong style).  Found Arrange-A very enjoyable too.  One of the joys of Resurrection is timing your hyper just right to fend off a motherlode of bullets spewed out by a boss. :)

Futari and SDOJ would be nice next (though I have both for 360). Still waiting on a proper port of DonPachi and DoDonpachi.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Switch DDP:Res pre-ordered.

I suspect I won't buy another videogame until Christmas time. Fancy the Mario Party one with the old boards.

Mushi still has me engaged. I have >160hrs clocked up on though I have left the game running unattended for long spells on some occasions - still - I'd take 20-30hrs off that tops. VFM.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    New Radiant Silvergun port apparantly.....

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/happinet-announces-tgs-2022-lineup

I'm unlikely to bite as I have the Saturn version unless there is a very good reason to.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Isn't this the first time it'll be on something other than Saturn? I'm down, assuming the price isn't ridiculous.
  • XBLA has a port.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah there's the 360 port though I never looked at that. Did it have the Saturn and Arcade modes?
  • Can't remember, I barely played it!  Which means... I will most likely get the next port.  I did have it on my Saturn, but it fell victim to my collection selloff.  Made money though! :)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    XBLA has a port.

Oh really? Managed to miss that one. I'll be looking forward to the Switch port.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    XBLA has a port.
    Oh really? Managed to miss that one. I'll be looking forward to the Switch port.

Think it had an HD redux and the original arcade graphics. 

The Saturn port had a Saturn mode with an RPG-lite style power up system and a few more levels.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'd like to try the RPG-ish version, that sounds interesting.
  • Pretty sure that was in the XBLA version.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I'd like to try the RPG-ish version, that sounds interesting.

Weapons increase with power the more you use them and their status is saved. So if you tried for long enough you would get to max power which made progress easier. I never stuck at it that long though as I was too anal and played only arcade mode.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Haven't been playing much this last week . Just some aborted runs at original trying to get a 10m bonus at the end.

Will move onto Maniac properly - which will set me up well if I want to go back to Original. I did that a few times to warm myself up when trying to clear Original.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Radiant Silvergun on Switch getting decent reviews. But there isn't enough there for me to double dip. I'll keep my Saturn version.  5 frames of control lag but I'm not sure what my tolerance is of that which explains my abilities :)

Meanwhile I'm enjoying Mushi Maniac even though it's beating me up. The real challenge kicks in late in level 3 for me. BAU for Cave. :)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Is Radiant Silvergun out now, then? How much're they asking?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    These are US shmup reviews so not sure if they are getting pre-release. Think it's $20 - not sure how that translates to UK/EU pricing.

I have just remembered I trialled this on 360 and I didn't like the effects they had added as it took the charm of the game away. But I understand they are all on by default and can be switched off to recreate the arcade game look (which on Saturn is perfect since the arcade PCB is a Titan board which is essentially a Saturn).

But this looks like a fine port. It has a level select/practice mode which the Saturn version doesn't have. It has an unlockable Ikaruga mode which isn't what you think - it's just a different way of scoring with the chains as far as I can make out.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Seems it's available now.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Suh-WEEET.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Its great to see it available to more now. It deserves more attention than it got; certainly on Saturn and in the arcade.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Unless it's $crazy, I'll be buying this over the weekend. I've wanted this since the 32-bit era.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!