Neptune's Pride 2: Triton
  • I already told everyone, I'm dark blue. My previous comment was just a poor attempt at misdirection...
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I'm Sourdough!
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    And so's my wife.
  • So say you send a fleet to a star and on the way you see that an enemy beat you to it, is there a away to jump away before your fleet engages in battle? Or once you select a course, that is it?
  • So no setting of additional waypoints so that the carrier doesn't hang around?

Ouch.
  • So say you send a fleet to a star and on the way you see that an enemy beat you to it, is there a away to jump away before your fleet engages in battle? Or once you select a course, that is it?
    Yeah and sometimes it's someone you forged an alliance with and then you engage them in combat without really wanting to and they never forgive you and end up being the catalyst for the destruction of your entire civilisation isn't that right BUCK SEXINGTON.
  • So no setting of additional waypoints so that the carrier doesn't hang around?

Ouch.
    Hang on, if there is more then one way point you can change it but not each individual jump once it's started.

Select the carrier and course edit waypoints.

• Yeah, I was thinking that if the carrier was locked on course for an occupied star, then I could maybe add some new waypoints so that it didn't hang around at the first waypoint. But from what you and tiger say, this won't work?
  • if you've set up multiple waypoints you can cancel all of them except the one that you are still enroute to.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • One more question, sorry!

You know if you click on a star you get circles for maximum scanning and jump distance, well the same also happens if you click on other players' stars. Do those circles reflect their actual ranges, including any upgrades? IE can I get a fairly accurate idea of how far a potential enemy can see/jump? 

Thanks again.
  • I think it just shows your ranges, but you can get a pretty good idea of theirs from your own.
  • Fairly sure it shows their range, I recall them being different for various players at different points.

The only things hidden in game are ships/installations outside of sensor range and player diplomacy, much to the game's strength.
  • I'm hearing reports from DrKillmore, a close friend who lives two galaxies over, that forces commanded by Frank The Grand have launched an attack on a system inhabited solely by nuns, kittens and puppies. An outrageous, unprovoked attack, they wave their fifteen pronged genitalia en route, claiming it's just a routine galactic census, but I fear the worst.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This is hilarious.
  • I've only just figured out what the Quick Upgrade function does.

Very useful. Think of all the time I could have saved!!!
  • I've only just figured out what the Quick Upgrade function does. Very useful. Think of all the time I could have saved!!!

Er, so what does it do?
  • You can upgrade your stars without going into individual menus. It shows you all your stars different values (Economy, Industry, Science) and how much it will cost to upgrade them. You can then upgrade them with a couple of quick clicks.

It basically saves having to go into each individual star's menu to see how much upgrades will cost, which is a massive ball-ache when you're pinching the pennies.
  • Right, that used to be on the galaxy screen, wondered where it had gone.
  • You can still upgrade from the galaxy screen you just need to re-enable it in the options.
  • For some reason I'm unable to send a message 'in game', whatever that means, so I'd just like to say that The End Brain has a lovely empire and I've heard nothing but good things about him and can we be friends.
  • What happens if two opposing fleets get to the same system at the same time? Does it depend on who currently holds the system? 

And who was Dynamite in game 3? Why'd you leave?
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    If one of the players already owns the star and their carrier arrives at the same time as another player, they will have defending advantages (+1 weapons) but if it is owned by a third party then the two carriers will battle with their standard weapons tech until one is defeated.
  • If 2 people arrive at the same star at the exact same time, and it is previously unoccupied, the person who travelled the least time will count as being there first.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Ah yes, forgot about the unoccupied option. Don't think I've had that happen to me yet.
  • Skizz you are a backstabbing swine-hog.  Now I'm forced to fight a war on 2 fronts with you and the forces of Antimatter.  Plus The End Brain has foolishly sent ships to one of my systems by mistake HIISSSSSHHHHH.
  • I'd like to propose a new law: Five days notice must be given before an attack can be launched.
  • Your usefulness was short lived Tijuana. Too much partying and not enough concentrating on your empire left you open. Antimatter has fought with honour and earned our loyalty.

You have the opportunity to put that lizard tail between your legs and retreat to your homeworld. All your forces that remain in our path will be crushed.
  • Oh mighty Skuzz, you speak of honour, but it is not that many galactic cycles since you were encouraging me to launch an assault on Antimatter? This is disturbing news. I am disturbed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!