Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Can't you log in with Facebook or Google or some such thing? Try logging in with chrome.
  • No sir, I'm not. I would say, but just joined the new B&B game and fucked up the edit, so ended up with the same name.

Edit: to Kow's username question
  • Noface just make another gmail account and use that.

Edit: I meant Frantic pea sorry!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • @Pea have you tried the direct link to the game?

http://triton.ironhelmet.com/game/1358355

About three days ago, instead of logging me in it took me to a new account page. Logging in straight to the game fixed it.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Game 2 was fun.

After thinking I'd messed up early on by expanding too fast, K'thar the Great came 2nd.

The secret alliance to take down Hitei Kan paid off but once Endarrion reached critical mass there was little to stop him.
  • Is that B&B only?
    There are 2 non B&B colonists - friends of The End Brain - the other 6 spaces are pure B&B.
  • Yeah I was Cagliostro. Game 1 was great, and I apologise for Game 2 as I spent a weekend in London and was ill straight after so I wasn't really able to commit, so I thought it best to just AFK
  • I knew that was you!  I was the Bear Warrior team.  I regret not moving quick enough and going for Sasukekuns home world when we took over his stars.  Good game.

haha yeah I couldn't believe that you sacrificed a few hundred or your ships attacking his home star to let me take it.  It was a pleasure playing with you though, some great bear roleplaying:

15ek0tt.jpg

I'm not going to join game 3 as for a game that supposedly is only meant to take a few minutes a day I spent way too much time on it.  But some tips for those that do:

Economy is the key to victory, especially in the early game.  Think about how many carriers you really need to build in the first turn.  Because stacks are so small and weapon tech is low you don’t need a lot of ships to defend stars early on.

Weapons and Manufacturing are the only techs worth investing significantly in.  As the stacks get bigger in the end game having even a 1 weapon advantage is a huge help.  High experimentation is a waste of time.

It’s better to be attacked than to attack due to the +1 bonus.  Try keeping ships out of scan range and then moving them in to defend a star once the enemy has committed to an attack.

Build carriers.  There’s no point having ships if you can’t get them to your front line.  Also, you can move ships between carriers and stars however you want.  Some people in game 2 didn’t look like they were aware of this…
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Spend everything you have on Science.
  • I was Lego hair, good game folks.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ah, I enjoyed our continual war of attrition. From this I learned the importance of watching the enemy's scan range.
  • I was Frank.
    I don't think I'll join another game partly for the same reasons as Nexx but also because it suffers from Monopoly syndrome whereby once you start losing you're fucked and there's no way to come back. Just the slow wait and death rattles until you are wiped out/bankrupt.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The way back is to get somebody to help you.
  • It doesn't really work when it take so long for them to come over. If you wake up an log in to find a bunch of cruisers coming through your planets then you're kind of fucked. I dunno maybe ill give it another shot.
  • They could do more with the allied side of things. It would be good to be able to share warp gates. Could help swing against a run away leader
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If they did that though, you wouldn't be able to double cross so easily. Anything that cements the alliance would kill that sense of worry. I certainly thought you were preparing to attack me at one point.
  • I was....right before Buck screwed me
  • Lol! I thought you were attacking me. Kow warned an attack was maybe on the way, and I saw your fleets moving.

Based on that experience, I would probably not be the person best qualified to look after any launch codes in real life.
  • Sneaky Kow
  • Neptune's Pride: Everyone's a Bastard.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My scanning range increased and I suddenly saw some things that made me think twice.
  • One more slot left in Another Dimension!
  • WHAT IN THE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS GOING ON IN HERE???
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Intergalactic backstabbing.
  • JOLLY GOOD. AS YOU WERE.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The Universal Constructor is a great moniker, whoever that is.

Nobody should trust Buck Sexington. He is wily.
  • Still waiting on one more for this new game. 

Surely someone is interested in some medium term space opera skulduggery?
  • Alright dudes.  Was intrigued by all the new names appearing in here so took a peek, ended up going over every bloody post for tips and jumped into a random game.  Then another.  Love it.  

The first game is heating up nicely with military alliances formed and backstabbing soon to commence.  The second is only a few hours old, but again I've been fortunate with the level of role playing.  One guy in particular is full of awesome for taking the full on comedy German approach.

Imperial Regent Martsham wrote:

In zeez times of mistrust und var one can alvays use an ally. I propose ve vork togeser militarily und technologically through trade! Und crush ze rest of the galaxy unter our jackboots!  

May our enemies tremble und quiver at ze glory of our soon to be victory ofer Blau und Gleb.  Ah! Es tut mir lied! Blue und Yellow!

Thought I'd give the forum game a miss as I'm still stumbling around a bit and didn't wanna get raped by you guys.  Am regretting that now.

The playing a game bit.  Not the raping.
  • A failure to stab any backs is my biggest failing.
  • Someone join this 'game' or I will come and stab you all.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!