• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    My Mega Drive is modded too, not all games work with it switched to 60Hz though.

I haven't come across a game that needs to switch to 50Hz yet. Having said that I don't have that many MD games. Have a region switch too which can change the game title screen - it affects Toki and Raiden Trad for example

I'm pretty sure Gunstar Heroes (amongst others) doesn't work.

I have Gunstar Heroes on a 4-in-1 Sega cartridge that came out near the end of the MD life - will have to try that. I guess Treasure pushed the hardware to breaking point and cranking up to 60Hz would probably melt the console!!

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I won't have my Pokemon on it though. The Pokemon of my childhood that are gone forever. :(
    ah - ok - I always fancied having a look at the likes of Pokemon Stadium but felt it wasn't worth the effort since I didn't play the GB games enough to build my monsters up.

If you find them cheap (I mean like a couple of quid) the stadium games have some great mini games.
  • davyK wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    My Mega Drive is modded too, not all games work with it switched to 60Hz though.

I haven't come across a game that needs to switch to 50Hz yet. Having said that I don't have that many MD games. Have a region switch too which can change the game title screen - it affects Toki and Raiden Trad for example

I'm pretty sure Gunstar Heroes (amongst others) doesn't work.

I have Gunstar Heroes on a 4-in-1 Sega cartridge that came out near the end of the MD life - will have to try that. I guess Treasure pushed the hardware to breaking point and cranking up to 60Hz would probably melt the console!!

Oh yeah, I have that too (with Flicky, Alex Kidd, and something else I forget), I've not actually tried that.

360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I swapped my PAL SNES for a US one back in the day.

Lovely full screen and 60Hz.

In fact, hadn't played 50Hz games since until I got my PS3!  It's as if the last 10 years of console development never happened in Sony land.  (This is for SD output)
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I bought a copy of 688 Attack Sub for the Mega Drive and it arrived today. I had to buy a physical copy because you basically need to read the manual to play it properly and I couldn't find a scan of it anywhere.

This is going to sound useless now, but I'm pretty sure there's a copy of that you could have had in a cupboard at work.  It turned up in a set of lockers that were emptied a few years ago and no-one has ever claimed it.  Was it expensive?  Other random fact - along with F-22 Interceptor it was the only Megadrive game my dad was even remotely interested in.
  • I'm not sure whether to believe this or not. I know there are supposed to be only 5,000 or so copies in existence and this one is in MINT condition, but seriously? Either there are some prank bidders or there are people out there who need to get their priorities right. You could save an entire African nation from starvation for the price of this game:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snes-Super-Nintendo-Rendering-Ranger-R2-SFC-Super-Famicom-CIB-complete-MINT-RARE-/300726670658?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item4604b4d542
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I dont understand this level of collecting, £700 and rising!!!!
    Worse still it will never even get played
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I bought a copy of 688 Attack Sub for the Mega Drive and it arrived today. I had to buy a physical copy because you basically need to read the manual to play it properly and I couldn't find a scan of it anywhere.
    This is going to sound useless now, but I'm pretty sure there's a copy of that you could have had in a cupboard at work.  It turned up in a set of lockers that were emptied a few years ago and no-one has ever claimed it.  Was it expensive?  Other random fact - along with F-22 Interceptor it was the only Megadrive game my dad was even remotely interested in.

It was only a fiver, including postage, so never mind.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I mean, I want to collect the games I remember from my childhood and also good ones that I never got to play or finish. But this is ridiculous! I don't know if it's even supposed to be a good game!

It's a shame in one way. I really want to play Earthbound on my SNES and not on an emulator, but the fucking thing can cost anything over £200 on eBay for one in good condition.
  • Bored at work (I should go home), so I started looking up various collector's items on eBay. The limited edition of Majora's Mask came to mind. Check this out:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Majoras-Mask-Limited-Edition-Adventure-Set-No-956-1000-/270995136843?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f1891a14b
  • Exactly, Snow Bros on Megadrive!  Really want to play it but the price is just crazy high.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Why not play the MAME rom?
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I'm afraid I will have to, I'm not paying those prices. I'm a collector/hoarder of sorts, but I'm not rich or stupid.
  • Makes more sense, it's the superior version.
  • I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll have it ;)
  • ALL YOURS FOR £1,593.67
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah dang it, I has the 67p
  • Jesus Som.
  • Just kidding. 

I think I bought it in Gamestation for something between £50 and £100 at the time of MGS4's release. Been meaning to eBay it for ages, hoping the price would go up. It didn't. Now it seems it has. Good times. 

Now I'm gonna make some bastard say "it's unfair us collectors have to pay so much, wa waa waaaah!".
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Hey... If there's a vm going...

Checked at weekend, I still have one in its original packaging, probably unused. You willing to pay p&p costs via PayPal?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Davy, you could have had my DC stick for free and just paid for P&P, I mentioned it in the Free thread a while back. It's still up for grabs cos I don't think I'll ever use it...
    If nobody else wants it, may I have it please? Thank you.

Erm... I was supposed to check p&p costs. You willing to pay for p&p?? I'll hopefully check tonight. By the way, it is in its original box, but no inner packaging. I'll stuff it with newspaper and bubble wrap.
  • Also, help me decide, people. Shall I keep my old widescreen CRT for older consoles or dump it? Fast running out of space in the house it's currently in the shed.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Just kidding. 

Nah, I just meant I remember seeing those and cannot believe how much they're going for now. Fuck me, that's ridiculous. Fair play if you get a few quid for it.

• hylian_elf wrote:
    Also, help me decide, people. Shall I keep my old widescreen CRT for older consoles or dump it? Fast running out of space in the house it's currently in the shed.

If you intend on using old consoles keep it.
  • Mega Drive arrived today, Micro Machines arrived yesterday and has been cleaned and primed for insertion through my flaps.

Gonna be a big dribbley nostalgia mess tonight.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Davy, you could have had my DC stick for free and just paid for P&P, I mentioned it in the Free thread a while back. It's still up for grabs cos I don't think I'll ever use it...
    If nobody else wants it, may I have it please? Thank you.

Erm... I was supposed to check p&p costs. You willing to pay for p&p?? I'll hopefully check tonight. By the way, it is in its original box, but no inner packaging. I'll stuff it with newspaper and bubble wrap.

Yes of course I'll pay postage :-)

• If you have room, keep it.

I do over half my gaming on mine. It's used for my older consoles plus Wii and 360.

60fps games look particularly magnificent on crts and show the limitations of today's flat panels.
  • Mega Drive arrived today, Micro Machines arrived yesterday and has been cleaned and primed for insertion through my flaps.

Gonna be a big dribbley nostalgia mess tonight.

I've just been playing Cosmic Smash on Dreamcast, you can't beat a bit of retro gaming :-)
  • Just set her up at lunch. The scart lead I got was s-video, turns our MD2 doesnt have that so on the hunt again. Tuning the thing in was a bit of a throw back but got it 90% there, just a bit of wierd warping every now and again.

Two races on Micro Machines and I remember how tough it was, played a bit of Castle of Illusion too, then back to work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!