Vaping and ecigs.
  • I fucking smoked.  Only had four, judging by the packet I haven't touched today, but I'm gutted about it.  Day 1 again today.
  • This is not the giving up smoking thread, vaping's for when it's too cold/wet to go outside for a fag; take that somewhere else, you quitter.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've been hearing very good things about the Kanger SubTank (the 'mini' linked to there is the 22mm version, the standard size is wider than most mods, there's also a smaller nano version available). It is, apparently, an excellent tank system, but it also comes with a rebuildable base if you fancy trying your hand at making your own coils and saving a crapload on buying new heads. It seems like a steal at that price.
  • Been very impressed with previous Kanger stuff I've bought, might give that a go. It's a lot better looking to my eyes than the Nautilus*, too. The size of the air hole does worry me, though. I like some resistance to my vape; my Aerotank is always set with the hole almost shut.

* Except, maybe, this version:
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The size of the air hole is adjustable, I'm sure you can set it how you'd like it.
  • That's a relief. I like the red stripes.

Damn, just noticed it's skirtless. :(
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The bigger one comes with a beauty ring. What are you looking to attach it to?
  • Standard eGo batteries.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'd probably buy a separate plinth myself. Although there are warnings all over all of the different models that they shouldn't be attached to eGo batteries. I'd have thought (based on nothing beyond my own assumptions) that you'd be fine if you're just using the standard heads, but the rebuildable section could conceivably cause fires and/or explosions.
  • I've got a plinth I bought from VaporOne way back when I got my first Vivi Nova, but it's a bit shitly shaped. I've yet to find any that look like I'd be happy with.

I doubt I'll run any risk of fire, tbh.
  • AJ wrote:
    This is not the giving up smoking thread, vaping's for when it's too cold/wet to go outside for a fag; take that somewhere else, you quitter.

I read this whilst smoking on the doorstep.  I push through the cold.
  • Having had both kanger and aspire stuff, I rate the aspire gear a lot higher. The mini nautilus is quite good looking, but the normal one is fugly. In terms of performance though, aspire wins hands down.

Obviously the main draw with the sub tank is rebuildable atomisers and sub ohm vaping, I'm not inclined to start faffing with that stuff and not too interested in sub ohm vaping.
    PSN: Its_DanDan_Ey
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't know, there seems to be more than that going on with the SubTank. Kanger have completely redesigned their heads and they now use better quality wire and organic Japanese cotton (the same stuff that's favoured by many people who build their own coils). The video review I watched did a lot of comparisons between the SubTank and the new Aspire Atlantis and it seemed like the SubTank won out in most categories, it had better flavour, worked better at a different range of wattages and was more versatile. I think that the Atlantis created slightly bigger clouds of vapour, but they were both bloody ridiculous as it is.

Kanger do seem to have pulled their fingers out with this one. And I am tempted to try my hand at building my own coils, if nothing else it would save money.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Here's the review for the full-sized one:

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    @Subbax, I don't know if you've already bought that Aspire kit, but as I've been digging around looking into the Kanger SubTank, I've come across deals that make that look very overpriced. This:

https://www.ukecigstore.com/kanger-kbox-subtank-kit.html

Looks like an excellent kit for just £5 more. It doesn't come with batteries or a charger, admittedly, but those eGo ones generally end up being more expensive in the long run as you have to replace the whole thing when it inevitably breaks. If you don't want to buy separate batteries or want to stick with Aspire, then this is currently only a tenner more than what you're looking at:

https://www.ukecigstore.com/innokin-mvp3-aspire-nautilus-kit.html

I really think that £50 is way too much for a kit based around an eGo battery. £30, perhaps, but £50 is pushing into the territory of far better setups.
  • Add in an 18650 battery and charger and that's closer to £70. Still, it'll be a relatively future proof setup if you do decide to start sub Ohming.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Think I might pick up a mini nautilus.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I'd say that's a good choice
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Looking on amazon, the mini and OG one are the same price. There might be a P&P catch. Hmm.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I suddenly understand what you're comparing the ego batteries to! I don't mind that Kbox one and haven't bought anything yet. I would need to add in a charger and a two batteries. I notice it doesn't even come with one. As mentioned, snazzy red too.

I don't know what sub-ohming is though?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sub-ohming is using a coil with a very low resistance (>1, usually more like around 0.5). This allows the coil to get much hotter and produce more flavour.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Gotcha. I reckon I'll purchase all that tomorrow. I like the look the more I stare at it!

Will be pricey to set up with two batteries, charger, and spare coils but I knew an entire change would cost.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    As I say, I reckon it works out cheaper in the long run. Those eGo batteries generally don't survive for very long, and they're far more expensive to replace than the 18XXX's that most mods use these days.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Neither of my 1100's (ego) last a day. They are less than a year in age and I was under the impression they're good for at least 300 charges.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Okay, so I'm hovering over the buy button but need one last piece of advice.

OCC replacement coils- 0.5 or 1.2 ohm?
  • I'd go 0.5 'cause I like lots of vapour (and I use VG juice, which seems to work better with lower resistance coils).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You get one of each in the box IIRC, so unless you're getting a discount, you can try them both and see what you prefer.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ah, I'll give them both a go and decide then. General idea is that the lower ohm the more vapour, right?

May as well get some new liquids too.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yes, although you'll need to experiment with wattage settings too to make the most of it.

Be warned that you need to prime (completely soak in eliquid) those OCC heads before using them. If you dry burn them, they'll actually burn.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I usually leave my current setup standing for about 15 minutes currently but I'll be careful with this one. Hopefully I'll have it by the weekend.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!